What's new

jadlea's s15 spec R

J

jadlea

Hey guys, new to this forum but here is my current ride. Its an Australian deliverd 2002 s15 spec R. She made 221kw @ 18psi on the last dyno tune. Still have a long way to go but due to my work commitments away, i dont have a lot of time

Current mods

Engine
EMS stinger ECU
GT28 71R Turbo & braided lines
custom stainless exhuast manifold
removed Air Flow Meter
Blitz air intake system
Front mount intercooler
Turbosmart supersonic BOV
Trust extreme power series 2 turbo back exhaust
Nismo 555cc injectors
Walbro GSS342 Fuel Pump
Splitfire coil packs

Driveline
Xtreme 6 puck brass button clutch & flywheel kit
RDA Slotted front brake rotors
20" Incubus paranormal wheels with nankang tyres
Pedders sports ryder extreme adjustable coilovers

Interior
Apexi AVCR boost controller
EVO digital boost guage
Pioneer dvd player with 7" screen
Twin Alpine v-12 amplifiers
Nismo GT rubber shift knob
Carbon fibre gear boot surround

Exterior
Boot debadged and spoiler removed
Smoked tail lights

Stuff currently waiting in my garage to be installed
*JVC KW-AVX840 double din DVD player
*Cusco front strut brace
*Brakes
Cusco BMC stopper
Brembo R34 GTR front Calipers
Ferodo DS2500 Front Pads
R34 Rda slotted front rotors
HEL braided brake lines
*Wheels
SSR Type F (black)
Front - 18 X 9.5 +12
Rear - 18 X 10.5 +25
Work emotion racing nuts (Red)
*tyres
front - Nexan 8000 255/35-18
Rear - Pirelli zero Nero 275/35-18

The car came with the ridiculous 20" wheels already on it and i cant wait to install all this gear and see if it can actually hold traction for once and handle well. Its currently booked in to get the guards pumped and flared so i can fit the new wheels and a full respray over the next month or so. will keep you guys updated as things progress

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Looks A smart car dude, Thank god your changing them wheels though, how on earth do they fit!?

J

jadlea

Looks A smart car dude, Thank god your changing them wheels though, how on earth do they fit!?
Cheers mike yeah i hated them since day 1 and im actually running spacers on the front to clear the coilovers and its a pretty rough ride at the moment with such streched low profile tyres
Looking good mate, i've thought of tinting my rear indicators... What product did you use to get that effect?
Thanks im not actually sure as the tail lights were already tinted. but i got defected for them and have since purchased some aftermarket tinted ones. I wanted to go with yashio factory but they have discontinued the smoked ones?

J

jadlea

yeah mate the 18's are sitting there waiting to go on after the body work gets done

J

jadlea

small little update - the tyres were put on the rims today ready to go in the body shop next week :nod:

J

jadlea

ordered some tomei poncams and a power FC D-jetro from the US yesterday as the dollar is good at the moment and i wasnt happy with the tune from the stinger. Does anyone know if the 555cc injectors are going to be maxed out with this setup? worth dropping some 740cc in while the cams are being installed?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
As the 740's are the same price as the 555's i'd always suggest you go with the 740's. More headroom on injector duty is always helpful for future tunes.

Also i'd recommend only the Nismo or Tomei injectors, there better than the HKS or Denso units. (Faster response)

J

jadlea

yeah i should of got them the first time round but the 555cc came up for a cheap price. but if they arnt going to be maxed out with my setup i can put it off until i do future modifications that require them

Reaction score
Country
I guess it depends how far you will push your GT2871r, you will for sure max out even the 740s at high boost, 555 should be fine however if you are running under say 350, but for up to 400hp you will likely max out the 555s.

A guy on SXOC is running a GT2871r with Tial housing and external gate and he maxed out his 740s, he's now running 1000s.

J

jadlea

yeah exactly as i feared. thanks for your help ichigo - looks like some bigger injectors are on the shopping list next

Reaction score
Country
yep I think so.

If you have any thoughts of replacing the intake manifold i'd strongly suggest you don't buy the side feed injectors and instead go with top feed units, the best on the market in my opinion are the Injector Dynamics units, good price for the 1000cc units as well.

If you going to keep her at under 400hp, the 740cc units should be fine.

Post some dyno pics once it's all done and mapped...

J

jadlea

So a bit of work has been started on the front and rear guards. its only in its early stages at the moment so still very rough. also a few tiny imperfections that need to be ironed out before a full sand back, you can see a couple of areas circled in the drivers side door. Have opted to go with a metallic black colour :cool: instead of just a respray with the original paint code which will cost a little extra. I love a car with a really tuff stance to match the performance but as its mainly for street use and is my daily driver, i dont want too much camber so looking at round about -1 for all 4 wheels

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Nice! i kinda liked the old wheels, in a unique kind of way! its just something different :)

How does your car run without a recirc pipe from the breather? you've got a little filter on at the moment, and mine chugged like a bitch when i split the breather pipe :O