What's new

Sam's wide arch Pearl Yellow S15

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Well I've had my 15 for 10 months and changed a fair few things in the time so here's the story of its life!

I first saw it on done deal, an Irish site and instantly new I loved it. The £6,900 price tag even more of an eye catcher.

After speaking to a girl named Aishling we swapped details and I saw lot of pics of it and it grew on me more! So I booked flights and ferry back, 300 quid invested without even seeing it but she seemed trust worthy! She had added me on Facebook and shown me all sorts of pictures of it with the front wings off and new body kit fitting. She told me about the faded bonnet etc but said the car hadn't been painted and was in good nick with no signs of damage etc.

So I arrive in Dublin airport and had to wait an hour for her to turn up, she eventually arrived in the car and instantly I was in love. This is what I saw!

So I'm looking over the car and I start getting worried, the paint is pretty poor where the front fenders have been fitted and has been blown into the doors, and it's obvious I've been lied too! The RHR quarter had been replaced and later on I've found the door has too. So I get angry after spending so much money going over and to get lied to.

So I ask for a grand off so I can get it painted. She says no way she'd rather take the car home, so i realise I'm pretty ****ed but keep going and get £275 knocked off and a roof spoiler thrown in, which I sold to sliding r!

But I drove it home all the way with no probs, and mechanically shes brilliant!

So in future I will NOT be trusting any more pikeys, and will never buy from abroad again unless I'm rich! :) but for £6500 I'm not going to complain as its my dream car!

Even though I loved the car, the white on yellow wasnt working for me and the faded bonnet was annoying and without a rear spoiler it reminded me too much of a 406 coupe! I love visually impacting cars and drifting so I knew the only way to go, was Black and Yellow with a drifty spoiler! :) :) (I had a civic Jordan at one point and loved it, hence the inspiration)
Heres the evolutions with just a spoiler

Last edited:

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
With the bonnet wrapped in carbon effect!

At this stage I love it but the white wheels were abit tired lookIng and didn't fit my black and yellow theme!

So this is the finished article!

Last edited:

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Got round to fitting my tension rod bushes and japspeed steering arms! The bushes are quality energy items, and the japspeed arms are not bad either, and my 3 point turns are now 1 points!

Also I wrapped my centre console in the carbon fibre and painted the lower dash in similar to original colour as this is the colour it used to be! It was HORRIBLE!

Now

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Look good mate,and at that price you can't go wrong tbhThe first 15 I ever saw was yellow and is what made me want one,love them in yellow !

Reaction score
Country
Heh nice story behind ya car mate. Look forward in seeing her at japfest.

The colour combo is sick.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I did the same as you pal, I got a plane over to Northern Ireland/ferry back to get mine, same story as you fell in love before I saw it in the flesh (bad move really), I as was a little disappointed when I saw it but I bought it anyway lol..

I've spent the last two years improving mine, so now I am very happy with it. You will have fun adding to it and improving it as I did :)

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Nice write up Sam... it's always hard walking away from something you fall in love with and as others have said at least the initial price was 'lower' than most 15's around (for obvious reasons!) :wack: Still, not nice to be told porkies and having to look at a car that's different to what was advertised/promised!!

Glad you got her in the end and it's rare to see yellow so bonus points!!! :thumbs: :)

Reaction score
Country
interesting story!

but the one thing everyone reading this wants to know is... this lass Aishling.. was she fit? and is THAT why you bought it? :p

S

S15 SILVIA

Sure the previous owner was a member on here?
Think I recognise that car from a year or so ago.
You sure ain't got much love for her. Lol

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Hey silvia, do you have a name as I did a comprehensive search, on here, for the car before I bought it but couldn't find it! I'm afraid I haven't got any love for her, she down right lied to me about the paintwork! So for that I will never forgive her! Lol.

And GT, I didn't know she still had them and only saw on her Facebook months later when she posted that picture up and I've been hassling her since for them. But she's a stubborn cow!

But hey the car drives great and I just need to spend 2k on a paint job and she'll be mint! Lol

Mike

Reaction score
Country
lol you should of got her to throw in the stock metal fenders there worth a bit.
Stock fenders? Where?! Although I'm also being told theres a motorbike in that photo too?! Can't see it myself... :D;)

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I didn't know you were such a DOG lover mike!!............................... There's plenty more pics of her on Facebook!!

Mike

Reaction score
Country
I didn't know you were such a DOG lover mike!!............................... There's plenty more pics of her on Facebook!!
Hah! I see what you did there! I'm good taa! Just a distinct lack of females on this forum, Which is a shame as i can't finish the sentence "On the 15 forum...." before the gf is completely blinkered and engrossed in made in Essex or 90218, its how I got to flick through RHDJapan's TAS Model pics un-opposed the other day! Winning! :)

S

S15 SILVIA

Hey silvia, do you have a name as I did a comprehensive search, on here, for the car before I bought it but couldn't find it! I'm afraid I haven't got any love for her, she down right lied to me about the paintwork! So for that I will never forgive her! lol
Oh god, now your asking!! I'll have a look see if I can find it.
Mike

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Ha ha Mike I feel your pain! It's a similar scenario for me, "oh are you looking at cars again Sam"! But luckily my GF is into cars so it helps alot!

NO worries if you can't find it mate, but would be good if it was the same car and I could get abit of truthful history on it! [/FONT]

S

S15 SILVIA

Sure ive seen it before, and sure it was a girl that posted the thread.
Had a quick look just now, and i found a post from you from last year sometime about this car, but it wasnt that.
See if i can find it some other time, and ill let you know
Mike