What's new

Sam's wide arch Pearl Yellow S15

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
So stupidly I toyed with getting rid of stinger, to buy a dedicated track car, but I really couldn't face it! I have pics of it on my wall at home so would be like selling a family member! So instead I'm keeping it and going to do a few track days and see how it feels! :)

But I haven't updated for a while even though I've done a few things:

I bought some S14 polly bushed rear lower arms and traction arms, plus apex adjustable toe arms so I could get the tracking sorted! The S14 arms are different as they don't have any bracing so I cut out and welded in some bracing coping the original s15 arms.

Then decided to spruce them up!

And look what I found when removing the old toe arms!!!!!!!! Both arms are flat on the floor :( a bent arm isn't much use

So I got them all fitted up and has made the rear end solid! Especially when I did the tracking dialling in 1.30 negative camber and 0 toe! Handles like a go-kart now, just need to sort the front end out with new bushes, front strut brace and possibly anti roll bar!

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Thats nice mate, all i would say is it needs a rear bumper vertex or a diffuser the spats dont really fit in on there own with the body kit.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
That's true! I would love one, It's finding one that suits my car and tbh I wouldn't wanna spend more than 60 quid on something like that! I've never seen one for less than 300!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
You can get replica top secret diffuser for about £150 dude would be a worthwhile addition IMO!!!
Car looks nice man can't believe you we're thinking of selling up.....

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I will have a google of the top secret one! I've seen a few scooby ones which I could make fit, they are about 80! But it's knowing what it would look like fitted!

its a Driftworks spoiler Simon, got it second hand, the only thing I don't really like about it is the struts holding it up! But the shape is perfect!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
When I googled it it came up with lupix's car actually! It does look the dogs on it, cheapest I can find is knight racers at 210. So gonna cancel that idea, all my monies gonna go on handling upgrades and clutch for now!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
So I've not done much to my car recently as its been so good, but I did replace my clutch for an ACT heavy duty organic and kept the stock flywheel as mine was in great nick, I did remove the clutch dampner line too which helped massively to reduce clutch drag.
Clutch fitted

I then started on another S15 project....

:)

The finished article

so I've also sold my old wheels and have bought some new ones which I'm prepping and refurbishing....

They are lightweight Forged 350z Rays Engineering alloys. Super strong and super light plus they look great with good offsets and sizes as standard!

i will be spraying them this colour royal candy blue.

should be pretty gorgeous colour just hope it suits my car! I will also be smoothing the dimples out of the 350z alloys so they are less recognisable as 350z wheels.

And lastly I've refurbed some spare calipers I've had for a while and gone with blue to match the yellow and blue theme ill be going for!

Reaction score
Country
Like the new alloys Sam and the your new s15 ;), so are you going to be spraying the new rims black :D

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Sam's Yellow S15 code name "stinger"

All looking good mate!! How you finding the clutch!? I am pretty much 100% set on getting an act when I change mine supposed to be decent
The wheels are gonna look awesome man!! I love bright colour wheels ,looks a good choice!! I will be doing mine soon =D

Last edited:

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
The clutch is spot on chris! I got mine 2nd hand but had only done 2k. Was like new and only cost me 200. Defo get the HD act and not the extreme, the HD makes the pedal feel a lot better and the organic plate is smooth. For a daily it's perfect and even giving it a good clutch kicking when driving on private roads on a wet evening, it doesn't slip ever!

Ha Luke I'm going to have to spray the model s15 wheels blue to match the car!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Sam's Yellow S15 code name "stinger"

Yeah that was the clutch I had been looking at matey! Good to know your getting on alright with it, my mechanic can get me one for a good price so will go with that I think! =D cheers for the info buddy, looking forward to seeing the blue wheels ;)

Reaction score
Country
haha your spoilt for choice on what to drive though no offence but your new s15 look to be a bit of a squeeze to get into :p, on a serous note mate i cant wait to see the blue rims on the car you got to post some pictures for us :smitten:

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Been busy sorting the 15 out, preping my wheels and rebuilding and painting my brakes! Bought some new front tyres too goodyear eagle F1's, and tried them recently in the Welsh valleys and they were fantastic. Anyway Time for ALOT of Pics!

Had the alloys acid dipped

Then I decided to fill all 18 sqaure holes on each wheel to stop them being defined as 350z alloys!

after that I acid etch primed them to protect from corrosion followed by filler primer to help loose the rough texture!

It was then a silver basecoat to help the blue shine!

Then the blue!

and the finished product!!

well chuffed with how they came out apart from the wheel nut holes as they are a pain to paint!

So I rebuilt my calipers and bought some front discs and painted the hubs and calipers blue so it would all look awesome!

and then today I went to Wales to test everything out! And the car was fantastic! So incredible through the twisty bits and gripped like an F1 car! :) did 300 miles with about half of that flatout as much as possible through the A and B roads in the Brecon Beacons. Defo worth a drive if anyone is thinking about going!