What's new

Sam's wide arch Pearl Yellow S15

Reaction score
Country
I didn't know you were such a DOG lover mike!!............................... There's plenty more pics of her on Facebook!!
she's not that bad! lol
plus. you cant say there's pics on facebook, WITHOUT PROVIDING A LINK! ;)
Mr LuPix wants to perv. haha

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Ha ha! To be fair it was one of her best pics I could find! I can't post a link to her Facebook that would be wrong!
And there are no semi naked shots Mr lupix! tut tut! A family man like yourself should know better than to perv!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
So today I undertook the mammoth task of replacing my rear subframe bushes! And also fitting my rear camber arms!

My RHF subframe bush was totally shot with the metal sleeve floating about in the bush! The other ones were a case of burn and lever out!

I cleaned up the underside of the car, which took an hour, an then waxoyled and under sealed the entire rear half. Looks alot nicer all black and safe in the knowledge that it will help prevent rust!

I used energy bushes and found them brilliant to fit and the ride is still quiet! Much better than solids would have been! I set the rear camber to -2 and will leave it at that until I need to go lower!

I also picked up a D1 yellow earth kit up off my mate and fitted that today! It promises 10-25% increase in fuel efficiency and much more throttle response. The only thing I noticed was the pretty yellow wiring!

So in total I was in the workshop for 9 hours covered in waxoyl and ****! But was worth it for the results! Much stiffer rear end and easier to control the drift snap! Was fun in the snow on the way back! :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
nice update due! car is coming along well,i am going down the energy bush route as well i reckon seem to be good value for money...

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Cheers mate! I would defo recommend energy! I've got the tension rod bushes and subframe bushes and both are a doodle to fit and make a huge difference!

Well on another update, I've decided I want my car to have this vinyl! This is probably the best looking s15 ever (IMO)

So yeah I need to pphotoshop it on sso I can say defo yes but I think iit will look sick!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Little update, I've been doing small bits and bobs over the last month or two, but recently purchased a Nismo 2 way diff from sx-si! It's always been my goal to get one as its the ultimate drift tool to finish the car off.

Heres the diff and shafts, it's a skyline diff centre built into an S15 casing with original planet gear and pinion, which for me was the clincher as it was an easy swap and correct drive ratio! with the skyline output shafts and drive shafts it's an uprated and (touch wood) stronger setup.

So i polished up the rear casing and painted the shafts and touched up the back plate bolts with yellow too! :)

I also topped up my smurf gearbox oil, to help the box as it was feeling abit notchy

So my verdict on the diff is that it is brilliant! I was really expecting it to be clunky and noisy, but it's really quiet and only on full lock turns does it slightly skip round. Once it's warmed up it's more aggressive, but I haven't had any rain yet to give it a good test on my local "driftabout".

Gotta love Nismo!

Last edited:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I have the Nismo GT pro diff, and think its great, only get slight crunch and pops at very low and tight corners, put when pushing hard it really digs in.. :)

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Yeah today I pushed it abit harder and found my self understeering more, but that's to be expected, and yeah it's abit noiser once hot! But yeah well impressed! :)
i find there's more grip in the car now, than with the helical, which I thought was strange. But instead of loosing drive through one wheel first, there's more grip from both now, so it makes sense.

Reaction score
Country
Make sure you have got the diff set to 2-way and not 1.5...should be able to break traction pretty easy with a quick clutch kick and then proceed to do some nice skids :nod:

Do the skyline shafts fit the S15 hubs then as i thought they were different?

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
So with japfest fast approaching I thought I better tidy up my wheels!

They were a right old state where the Matt black paint I'd used was flaking off and also Matt bblack is a bastard to clean.

So I decided to paint them gloss black.

They looked alot better but thought they lacked a certain something. So I thought id colour the fake split rim bolts in yellow.

Shes looking good and almost ready for japfest! Just waiting on some new rear lights and also thinking about a D1 style sunstrip? But not sure if it would be too tacky!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Like the wheels bro, looks awesome!!!
need to do mine but so many other things to do still, think the sunstrip would look good to btw

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Just sprayed my new stock rear lights with etech smoke effect light spray, came out really well. And you can still see the lights when their on!

Reaction score
Country
Hey the rims and lights looks so cool Sam,

Good job mate :clap: