What's new

widebody rb25'd s15

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Extensively built twice widebody s15 rb25 now white

evening all, its about time i started a project thread on here.. some of you may recognise the car ( it was sx-si's) he had all the front and rear arch work done.. fuse boxes moved from the bay to inside the car full widebody kit fitted and the whole car sprayed... and thats pretty much how i bought the shell.. still with full interior and subframes.. no control arms custco coilovers.. driftworks front geo knuckles.. uprated steering arms and i think thats about it.. no wheels or engine or box etc..

so the plans are to strip out the inside get a custom cage welded in.. two buckets.. defi gauges link g4 ecu etc then fully forged rb25 top mount turbo, front facing greddy style plenum, nur-spec exhaust.. external screamer pipe out the bonnet, carbon bonnet and a few other bits.. and try and fit my mental wheels along the way...

to start with i have fitted a duff rb25 to mock everything up around and then ill swap them over when im ready.. ive estimated the project to take 2 years mainly due to money..

think thats everything ill let the pictures do the talking or how it is at the moment:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Seen this car a few times along the way to where it is now,have to say its a really nice clean base to start from! Good luck with the build mate,look forward to seeing it finished!!!

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
about time i updated this, although in all honesty i havnt done much.. have been working lots and the time i do have I've put an upstairs in the lockup (with jays help):

(still need to buy the flooring)
have been buying a few parts.. got some rear apex toe rods of jay for christmas (no pictures yet)
bought some solid front diff bushes of clive
a brand new hydro handbrake off a mate
driftworks solid alloy subframe bushes
did some electrical work for a mate up at the workshop so will be doing a deal for 3 defi gauges oil pressure, oil temp, and boost
also got a rear whiteline anti roll bar off clive (will be re painting it)
and lastly i bought a mocal oil cooler, filter relocation kit and remote thermostat.

so heres the oil cooler:

fitted the cooler:

wasn't very happy about how high it sat (because of the intercooler pipes)thought it looked:sogay:
so today i decided to flip the intercooler:

fit the oil cooler:

much better!

also ripped out one of my centre vents.. filed out the inside of the surround and trial fitted the defi gauge in the centre... ( can't push it all the way in yet as part of the heaters is in the way so will remove it when i take the dash out) the idea is to have all three gauges in the middle...

personally I'm VERY happy with how it looks, can't wait to get the other 3 in now..

next thing will be hopefully to collect my lower arms off polo next weekend (he's extended them around 25mm ish i believe) bolt everything back up and put the car back on the floor.. get it out and wash it and put my new car cover over it :soggy: its a special 3 layer type cover.. soft non scratch quilt like material inside.. waterproof out.. should keep all the dust off!
will probably turn the car around then and can start cutting out the boot out etc :cool:

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Update..
Went to polo's yesterday and picked up my lower arms, he's extended them an extra 25mm, braced them and as always his work is very good. Pictures

Fitted them and finally got the car back on the floor.

Then decided to get it out for a wash.. Which turned out to be a complete mission as there's no steering rack on at the moment, took 5 of us to push it out and back in..

Anyway some more picture whoring as all I really did today was wash it (first time since I've bought it):

Also tried jays spoiler on as I do want a bgw... I know some of you will like it some won't.. I need a slightly wider one to come inline with the fenders but I think it looks good:

Then put a car cover on it so it doesn't get covered in crap again!

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Little updated, yesterday I stripped the back end of the car down (lights, boot and rear bumper) ready for the work to commense today!

So my mate turned up today around half 2 ish to spend a couple hours on the car as I can't weld that amazingly!

So we started by using a cheapy £11 lidl car cover I bought a while ago... Put it over the car cut the boot section out and taped the sides up to stop any sparks damaging the paint work:

Before pictures of the boot floor:

Abit of this:

Removing this:

Leaving this:

Bought some strengthening 25mm box to support the new 18g sheet floor and the fuel tank,

Here's the sheet:

Hard to explain but due to the chassis rails not being the same level at the front and back off the boot mike tack welded two bars straight across the floor and used them to get the first cross section level:

The chassis rails are about 25mm different front to back.. So that cross section is welded flush with the chassis rail at the back of the boot and 25mm lower then the top of the chassis rail at the front of the boot

So he got that welded in started doing the over cross piece:

Then the gas ran out of the welder so we stopped,

Pictures of my fuel tank n swirl pot for those who never saw it on my s13 thread:

Filter:

Swirl pot:

Tank:

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Not a very exciting update but decided to put a brace between the two 'forks' well that's what I call them anyway.. In the engine bay.. This will hopefully help the chassis rails not to twist as much up front.

So here's before hand:

Drilled one whole in one side:

Cable tied them together and drilled the next whole:

Tack welded them together (did this on the car):

My welder was playing up and then ran out of wire :( so I'll leave it for like to weld when he gets more gas, or I'll get some wire for mine,*
Here's a picture of it on the car tho:

Will be powder coated once finished :)

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Took the mrs's to the lockup today so she could paint a wall or too, so whilst she was doing that I stripping my steering rack, removing the 20mm offset bushes as I don't need them anymore,
So removed the tein tie rods n ends:

Removed the 20mm offset rack bushes:

Removed the tie rod from the end to check the rod hadn't been cut down, it wasn't and as there's no play in the ball joint I'll have polo extend these rods and use them with another set off unused rod ends I have kicking around, reason they have to be extended is for more lock and to react as I've had my lower arms extended,

So started cleaning the tie rods up:

Then cleaned the other:

Pretty happy with how clean they came up look like brand new, just need some new boots to go over them and abit more grease,*

Next job is to clean the steering rack and fit it all to the r33 subframe that's on the car, and see how far the tie rods need to be extended :)

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Right been abit lazy with updating this lately, although to be completely honest there isn't much I can update lack of funds is holding the build as I knew it would.. Still awaiting my full pay rise to come through!*

Right a little more was done on the boot:
The main bracing welded in

Then mike cut the back out:

Used to look like this:

Now looks like this:

* * *Lots of room for a big undertray if I want one*

Whilst mike was doing this I fitted the mocal oil cooler, remote filter, made all the lines up, removed the stock water/oil cooler from the block, and changed some of the oil cooler fittings, as I want as little as possible in the engine bay I decided to fit the filter behind the oil cooler:

Also went to polos again at the weekend as my bumper was done at the painters (it got knocked off a car at the lockup) so had to be reprinted.

Whilst I was there I had polo extend my tien tie rods, he got a metal sleeve which had been machined out to have a solid 50mm internal length and then polo cut my rods and in half and tig welded the extensions in:

(right ones the old obviously)

Fitted them this evening so the car now had steering again :) for the first time this year!

Started painting my hubs :

There finished now with 2 coats each but no pictures.

Also tried my front bumper (for the first time with the car off axle stands)

It's silly low so will have to higher the front end abit!

That's all for the time being

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
right little update been spending money again!

bought a new rad off paul yesterday its an actually skyline one and a lot thicker then my old one think its 50mm or possibly 70 i can't remember but it'll do the job!
so i made some new brackets up for that and fitted in yesterday:

also i bought a front facing inlet manifold about 4 months ago.. but didn't bother putting pictures up etc as i sent it off to the painters to be painted white.. painters turned up today with it finished :)
:

bought an 80mm throttle body from rising sun:

and also a genuine greddy fuel rail to be super pimp:cool:
also by changing the rail means I'm now going to be running top feed injectors instead of side feed

so bolted these unto the manifold :cool:

then losely fitted it to the block ( i havnt fitted any of the underneath water pipes and parts etc as i need to paint them) so will have to come back off in a week or so.

pictures on the car:

doesn't look like much more will have to be done to the intercooler pipes on the cold side.. ( i have already made them up before hand but without the manifold so was just guessing really but don't fit too bad)

and then lastly i plumbed the revoted fan controller in and cut up some rad pipes till they fitted :mrgreen:

thats all for now :D

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Thanks mate, er it's gunna be an all rounder, mostly just a street car but will be using it for track 1/4mile and abit of drifting hopefully

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
needs wheels? I've got oz futura's 11j et -20 on the rear and 9.5j et 5 up front

Think it's good for wheels haha

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Better offset? Spacer it up? Buddy if you know anything about wheels you'll know MINUS et20 is mental... The wheels stick out about 40mm when the cambers straightened up! And that's even with running 50mm wode arches... The alignment on the car havnt been set yet so I'll agree they don't look amazing but they really do suit the flow of the car when there straightened

And again et 5 is mental for upfront when stock is like 38?

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Thanks mate, going to be a long two years before its finished, just booked the car in for the custom cage around June time, and haha well the rears are only 225 stretched on.. When they should be running 295/305 ish reason is I bought the wheels and the guy said for an extra £50 I can put some tyres on there so I did.. Just so I could have them on the car rolling the shell around etc.. However the tyres will be getting changed for r888s or something similar when it's on the road:) no point buying the tyres yet as they'll only get flat spots etc and the fronts are running 225s at the moment also..I've been given some 255 slicks to run on the fronts but there not fitted