What's new

widebody rb25'd s15

Reaction score
Country
Wow. This is what I call a build thread! Literally, chopped up and rebuilt. Nice mate! real nice! Looking forward to the finished result! :)

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Loving this build. Any chance you know what brand the widebody kit is?
Not 100% sure mate, I know front and rear bumpers are D-max, not sure on arches but I know they where most likely bought from epracing, so will probably be on there website

Wow. This is what I call a build thread! Literally, chopped up and rebuilt. Nice mate! real nice! Looking forward to the finished result! :)
Thanks mate, lots more to come :)

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Few small updates, finally moves a lot of the guys tools/welder/pipe bend and some roll cage material into my unit the other day, so that'll hopefully be started in a few weeks when I get back off holiday,

Bought a couple small things, this bumper for one ( I'm not a huge fan, only bought it because it's blue in and was £40 so will be good for another spare (I know how 4 bumpers lol) will use this one to run the car super low as it doesn't matter if it gets smashed,

Also bought some driftworks super low mount seat rails, spent yesterday fitting them to find them awful and catcher on everything, couldn't adjust the seat back, put a helmet in and my head was almost hitting the roof etc etc, after a few calls and picture sending to driftworks then recommended adjusting them different, so went back up there today played around with them for about and got them spot on, which I'm very pleased with as they aren't the cheapest of subframes lol anyway some pictures of the seats roughly fitted

Also bought a braided clutch line:

And painted my slave cylinder:

That's all for a few weeks

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Right got abit done to the car last night, I bought a spot weld drill bit, and removed a lot of my existing parcel shelf, I'm having a new one made by Rainer (same guy doing the cage) as I want the front cab separate to the fuel system, do here's what I did:

So before:

Removing spot welds:

Before:

Cut the centre section out to give me abit more access:

Tided it up abit and primer's it just do it doesn't rust, :

My new fire wall will be pretty much start where I've cut this one too, so just inline with the back of there've turrets, still have a little more metal to remove but Rainer will do whilst when he starts to new one, as itll probably be too weak of I removed it all, and the boot hinges are in the way etc,

Rainer also came and finished welding up my boot the other night (no pictures will get some) so the next job is to wire brush it all back, seam seal all the welds and zink primer the inside of the boot,
The wire brush the underside of the boot, zink primer it and then finish undersealing it which I've been waiting todo for ages!

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Also sold my wheels, went and pictured up some fronts yesterday, I'm not a massive fan of rota's however GTR-D's I love, so I got some 18x10J et 12 I was Gunna get 9.5s but these came up at a good price:

Will look better when I've got bigger discs/calipers etc, but there's lots more clearance on the front bumper now which is the main reason why I've changed to 18s from 17s So I'm happy, there's a 225mm tyre stretched on at the moment I'll probably get something a little bigger when it's on the road, I'll be getting 18x12Js et 12 for the rears hopefully in a couple months

That's all for now, pipe bender is all bolted in the workshop ready for the cage, so after the fire walls done that should be getting started, all his tools/welders and materials are in the workshop ready :)

Last edited:

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Mm maybe, although I did think this colour looks good in the flesh, pictures don't do it justice! After asking people's thoughts when looking at the car a few have said this colour works better as it makes the whole car stand out, not just the wheels, So don't know what todo yet :-/ white may look tacky :-/ also I was originally thinking white

Stopped off on the way to the unit today and bought some zinc 182 primer, seam sealer and a wire brush to sort my boot out:

Picture of the boot Rainer finished welded up the other day:

Today Rainer started on my firewall:

Ran out of metal after that, as we didn't order any just used what I had left over so will need to get some to finish it,

So I wire brushed it and painted it to stop it rusting:

Wire brushed the boot, and then painted it also:

Also started on the outside/underneath:

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Will be ordering a tin of zinc 182 todo the rest of the underneath as the cans are like £11 each, but a 1litre pot is like £13, then will underseal over the top, will most likely do the rear of the car also (ie behind the rear bumper)

Also cut this out and drilled it for the underneath of the tank (drill wholes are for spot welding it in):

Zinc primer'd the underneath:

All ready for Rainer to weld in when he's next up:

That's all for now, feels good to be finally getting somewhere with the car after leaving it for a while,

Should only be another nights work at the most before the cage is started :D

fairly obvious but i forgot to mention i'll be seam sealing all the welds in the boot, especially around the fuel tank base (inside and out)

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Rainer Welded the fuel tank floor panel in:

I Ground it back and sprayed it (missed the corners still gotta do them):

Rainer then Welded the old stock fuel tank acces whole:

I Primer'd it:

Then he Finished the fire wall:

Real happy how that came out, stitch welded at the bottom so will seam seal along that both sides,

Gave is a quick spray on zinc primer just to stop is rusting etc, will probably grind some of the welding on the edges near the shocks a little more and neaten it up,

Reaction score
Country
Nice work mate comin along nicely will be a fair beast when its done.what brake setup you thinking of using:thumbs:

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Nice work mate comin along nicely will be a fair beast when its done.what brake setup you thinking of using:thumbs:
Thanks mate, feels like I've been building it since forever, I will be using the willwood setup DBpower sell, 345mm groved discs with 6 pots up front, and 320 groved 4 pots on the rear, which includes its own handbrake setup, so I can ditch the stock drum setup, haven't bought them yet tho, may hopefully be a group buy in the next 6 months or something and I'll get them then, unless some nice k sports or second hand willwoods come up for sale in the mean time

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country

Updates, last Saturday rainer made and welded in all these pieces:

He also bent up the main hoop, and yesterday he bent up the front legs and two of the rear bar's so whilst it was all mocked up today I took a quick pictures, at the moment it's just your avarage bog standard 6 point cage,

I know it doesnt look like much theres Still ALOT more to come probably only about 20% done at the moment next he'll be making the spreader plates for the cage to weld into etc then cracking on with the rest

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
So finally got the car fired up, did a burn out...

Only joking! I wish it was that close to firing up! Smokes from having bits welded, so rainer cracked on and started welding all the floor plates/boxes for the cage to sit on, started with the rear stays which are the bars that come off the main hoop and go to the rear inside arches:

And the passenger one:

Looks abit messy/dirty took the pictures before wiring brushing it,

Then he welded in the plates for the rear "strut brace" a bar between the rear turrets:

Then cut and welded the bar in:

Then we thought it was abit plan so put a nice big over kill gusset in between:

Sprayed it black to see how it looked (Inside of the car is being painted white)

Next he started welding in the boxes which go behind drivers and passengers seats for the main hoop to sit on:

Drivers side:

Passenger:

The extra bit welded in the floor is because there was a small rust hole there so I wire brushed it all back to clean metal and Rainer welded that over,

That's all at the moment more to come in the week, he's got to finish the boxes off, make the front plates (by your feet) cut the main hoop down and then he can start welding in the cage :)

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Rising sun finally got my injectors in, so went down Friday and picked them up (only took 3 months!) so there's 750cc asnu Injectors, they also adapted my injector loom to gtr type top feed plugs, and whilst I was there I got some vacuum take offs for my manifold:

Injector harness:

Injectors:

The top 0 rings where too big to fit in my rail so had to change them to two smaller 0 rings instead of one big one:

Test fitted it:

Then went out today and bought some pipe to use as a spacer for the rail, and some bolts:

Then cut it to size, polished it and fitted it all:

That's all for now, oh and two of the roof Bars have been made and tacked in the cage

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
really nice and clean job im copiying everystep you make to do it to my car
Thanks mate, i try my best where possible, will be extending the last few plugs on the engine loom too I think, for a super clean engine bay, meaning the loom can run under the inlet instead of on top :) but that's a long way off yet! Will be running a link g4, so no afm needed, turbo straight to filter with anti-surge so no dump valve, just nice clean pipe work, should be good once done, only thing I can't decided on at the moment is where to put the power steering pot, may have to fabricate something

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Few updates, purchase of the month! Finally bought a turbo I'm happy with got a really good deal on it, it's a garret GTX3076R , anti surge inlet so won't need to run a dump valve, with 0.82 exhaust housing so should be perfect for the sort of power I'm after, 150miles old! Even got the original receipt purchased back in April for £1649! Anyway here's some pictures:

Manifold and turbo have now been taken off and are going to rising sun to have some turbo lines made :)

Also my new engine mounts turned up today all the way from Poland there pretty special! :

Also got some double sided foam tape delivered so did the inside of my fuel tank straps:

Will also be doing the tank base/floor when it's all painted!

Oh and rainers been cracking on with the cage, had done the rear X and tonight he dropped the cage down and welded everything:

I zinc primer'd the top of the cage whilst it was down:

Then we pushed it back up, tacked it all in place ready for welding in on Saturday, and hopefully starting on all the door bars, middle brace and some fancy bits :)