What's new

Neils S15

Reaction score
After a year and a half owning my S15 i think its time i put this here, not that its anything special or different. (copy and paste:wack: but i'll try and slightly edit)

This was a pretty much standard car with i believe just an aftermarket stereo and alarm?
It had a Clifford which was removed and had a pro fit a new Cat 1 with the Immobiliser linked up correctly B)
Now it needs undersealing (this weekend pics to follow :) ), the paint sorting and a new boost gauge. The boost starts at the bottom, moves all the way around and back down :huh: Its definatly boosting though B)

fag burns :angry: but very comfy

Had a Dyno run whilst it was standard (hub figures)

Then the day after i fitted:
K&N panel filter
Apex Downpipe
Apex Decat
Blitz NUR Spec R Cat-back
Pigeon mod with removal of un-necessary items

Last edited:
Reaction score
Also fitted Hicas lock out bars

Photo of the exhaust

and had these bits ready to fit

Eventually got bored of listening to the poor radio reception when i finally tried the stereo so fitted my DVD MP3 player which is IMO still a nice bit of kit :cool:

Fitted the elbow

Reaction score
Fitted the coilovers at a friends house

The recess on the rear bumper had a mark so gave it some matt black

Bucket seat

Rail

Harness

Ferodo DS2500's

Reaction score

After fitting the wheels it went to a local tyre place where it got full 3D alignment after the track rods, ends and rear camber arms were fitted

Fitted an Apex type 1 FMIC

Reaction score
Bought a Walbro, stock ECU with Horsham chip, Gizzmo and tension arms

Then fitted everything (except tension arms which are still in the box :eek:) and took it miles down south to Horsham to let Jez do a live map. Had the Gizzmo set to 0.7 and 1.1bar running nice and reliable (fingers crossed!), to get 1.2 i'll need a better actuator to keep it stable. Very happy with the map so far (not dyno tested yet) except the boost, i can give it half throttle and still hit 1.1bar which i dont want, it kicks in too soon without my foot being planted. I hear i need to lower the gain but i dont want to damage anything.

Yesterday i got an oil catch tank from Japspeed so put that on

and thats about it for my car as i'm very happy with it :D

When i got it back after the map my gearbox developed a whine which has been getting worse with use, it stops when i press the clutch and the gears seem fine so i'm guessing its input shaft. I was going to get a Z33 box so it could take some abuse but i didnt find enough info out for me to invest in that route so have recently bought another 6speed to replace it with and will do the clutch at the same time. I think i might be entering a world of pain :wack:

Anyways, hope you guys like what ive done :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
As above looks well mate,what did you use to cut the battery tray? I am about to fit my fmic.Like what you have done though looks good,how do you rate the coilies??

Reaction score
Thanks chaps :)

I just used a holesaw, think it was around 80mm. I've done 4 so far and another when the chap in the photos buys a FMIC :wack: so the teeth are chipping away now! Also forgot to mention all the bare metal was covered with a rust primer and ran a bit of vacuum hose around the battery tray hole.

The BC's aren't bad for the money, monkey metal c spanners so can be a pain to alter if they've been used. Ride wise they're quite good, i soften them by about 10 clicks for the road and stiffen back up for track if i remember, teeth shakers on the roads :D

Reaction score
Yea its about time TBF! Shame it dont look as good as yours, my drive sucks! Just found out i've got insurance to renew this month :down:

Wheels are 18x9.5 et35 with 5mm spacers and 235/35 tyres, needed to slightly file the calipers to miss the spokes.

Reaction score
Ace. I'd like some new alloys but funds are a bit low atm! Tempted to dip into my savings for some :/, lol.

Wish mine had the built in sat nav tbh.

The Apex front pipe you have, is that the s14a one? I was planning on ordering one from RHD japan or somewhere but since these have a flexi section I might go for one of these.

Reaction score
Thanks chap, there are loads of photos kicking about of stuff getting done but a few times i forgot to get the camera out :wack: I had it all undersealed when i 1st bought the car but have lost all the pics :down:

Yes its an S14 pipe mate, but with it having the flexi on the bottom it has scraped at some point. I've seen some with the flexi on the front but im not sure where to get them from, alternative if your running low is Japspeeds or Driftworks Low Rider downpipe but these have no flexi pipe.

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Looks nice, would look better without the stickers dotted about though but just my opinion.

Reaction score
I know what ya mean, i have some lifestyler mates who stick everything on their cars especially if it says 'drift', not that they can. I should get some recent photos as they're gone apart from 2 friends company stickers and a DW on the rear screen.

Nobody has spotted the extremely poor paintwork around the fuel filler yet! However i'll do a few more skid days then its having a going over top and bottom