What's new

Tonkans s15 spec R

Reaction score
Country
thought to myself i might as well create a thread here on this forum, and to be honest this is the place to do so as i want you guys oppinion and advice on what im doing right and what im doing wrong on my s15

here comes a quick presentation off who i am and where im from. my name is Tonkan (only a nickname dont worry, my parents arent that evil :p)
im a 23 year old guy from sweden and insanely in love with japanese sportscars. before i got my s15 i had a toyota supra TT which i bought completely stock and built it up to BPU.

when i sold the supra i decided to buy myself a s15 spec R. and i havent regret that choice one bit. my s15 is almost stock tho but is still a great car to drive. and it will only be better :)

so here is the spec as it stands right now. i will refresh this page everytime i change anything and hopefully bring you guys some pictures as i do it.

engine:
* SR20DET
* garrett t28bb
* tomei expreme manifold
* metal manifold gasket
* apexi power intake
* blitz BOV
* greddy 16 row oilcooler
* high capacity oil pan
* silicone vaccumhoses
* HKS turbotimer
* HKS catback

chassi / handling:
* nismo front and rear anti-roll bars
* tanabe front and rear strut bars

brakes / tyres:
* refurbished brakes around
* new brakepads
* braided brakelines
* DOT4 racing brakefluid
* 17" BBS rims

i will you bring you some better pictures as fast as i can :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Welcome to the club!

Nice S15 :thumbs: What are your plans for it?

How does the S15 compare to the Supra?
thanks!

well the plan is to build a funny car to drive. im not going to compete in drifting on any higher level but i might sometime take it to a track and try it out just for fun. so im going to build it so it will hold for this purpose. stripping the weight a little, give it a boost up to maybe 300-350 hp and install some things to make it more fun on a track and "a spin around the block" :p like coilovers and a 2.0 differential
that is the start so far, then we´ll see how it goes :)

the s15 compared to the supra .. hmm .. the supra feels alot more sturdy and heavier.and the 2jz gte engine is amazing. even in stock the 2jz engine gives the car a nice push forward at 4k rpm mostly thanks to its high torque, so its not really fair to compare the engine with the s15 since its 1000cc smaller and are 2 cylinders shorter. but the s15 got alot better traktion and that makes it funnier to drive around in. the supra is really great when you are pushing forward on a freeway

Reaction score
Country
this it what i´ve been doing so far with my s15. when i got it home from the importcompany i felt right away that there were something wrong with the brakes. so i hoisted up the car and started removing the calipers. the brakefluid were really bad and contained alot of water so 1 piston in each front caliper where stuck and the others were very rusty. so i ordered a refurbish-kit for all the calipers around the car. and when they were ok again i put some color on them aswell.

i also ordered a high capacity oil pan and a greddy 16 row oilcooler that i installed

the HKS airfilter that was on when i bought the car was cracked so i had to buy a new airfilter and decided to go for the apexi power intake.
on this picture you will also see the new braided brakelines and some new silicone vaccummhoses for the engine

here are some pictures off the brakes refitted and the engineroom as it stands right now

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
i have a question that you might be able to give me an answer on.
i have a blitz blow off valve installed as you can see on the picture above. but i noticed that i also have the original recirculation valve still attached and plugged in together with the blitz.
it was this way when i got it from japan.
are there any benefits by having it this way or why did they keep both?

Reaction score
Country
went out to take the better pictures i promised you guys in the first post. here´s the result:

Reaction score
Country
anyone in here who can translate the text on the disc for me? they forgot to take the disc out before it left japan