What's new

Tomi's '99 JDM S15 Silvia

Reaction score
Country
sorry if this sounds like a silly question but did your GTR brakes just bolt straight on, as im looking to upgrade brakes & suspension?

SR2O

Reaction score
sorry if this sounds like a silly question but did your GTR brakes just bolt straight on, as im looking to upgrade brakes & suspension?
It's a pretty straight forward conversion if you go with R33 Brembo's (shares the same thread size as the S15) Just make sure you have all the basic items:

R33 Front and Rear Brembo's
R33 BMC
R33 GTR Rotors and Pads
R33 Rear Hub assembly with handbrake cables. I know some people have done the rear conversion by modifying the stock hub to suit the new caliper based hand brake - but really why bother when you can bolt the whole thing on?

SR2O

Reaction score
^Oh and most importantly, make sure you have rims that will clear the new setup! I know the following stock rims will clear:

- R32 GTR V-Spec II (17" BBS)
- R33 GTR V-Spec
- R34 GTT
- R34 GTR

Reaction score
Country
^Oh and most importantly, make sure you have rims that will clear the new setup! I know the following stock rims will clear:

- R32 GTR V-Spec II (17" BBS)
- R33 GTR V-Spec
- R34 GTT
- R34 GTR

my rims are 18 x 8 Konig Heatsink's looks like there is plenty of room in there but i will measure them any way

Reaction score
Country
It's a pretty straight forward conversion if you go with R33 Brembo's (shares the same thread size as the S15) Just make sure you have all the basic items:

R33 Front and Rear Brembo's
R33 BMC
R33 GTR Rotors and Pads
R33 Rear Hub assembly with handbrake cables. I know some people have done the rear conversion by modifying the stock hub to suit the new caliper based hand brake - but really why bother when you can bolt the whole thing on?

thanks for that, just the info i was after

SR2O

Reaction score
Picked up my bodykit today - only took me 3 years to finally order it. Will be on early next year along with my Work Meister S1's with some luck :D

Reaction score
Country
Spending the $$$ on the quality Cusco goods! And damn you luck bugger on one of my FAV body kits! I love it! Let me know what you think of your HKS EVC V...

SR2O

Reaction score
Spending the $$$ on the quality Cusco goods! And damn you luck bugger on one of my FAV body kits! I love it! Let me know what you think of your HKS EVC V...
I've had no issues with HKS EVC V, I'm running about 17psi through my 2871r and it holds boost great.Still haven't learnt how to use all crazy functions it has on offer.

Reaction score
Damn the car has come along really well. I am getting an entire R34 Brembo setup and I may just swap them onto my ER34 and swap my current brakes to the S14.5. I know I will have to widen the caliper bolt holes as they take bigger bolts. Car is looking really good now, can't wait to see it with the kit on, did you rob a bank BTW????

Reaction score
Country
Good Choice in Body kit you will not be dissapointed :)

What offset you getting for the meisters? will be nice to see how it will work with the vertex ridge kit.

SR2O

Reaction score
Damn the car has come along really well. I am getting an entire R34 Brembo setup and I may just swap them onto my ER34 and swap my current brakes to the S14.5. I know I will have to widen the caliper bolt holes as they take bigger bolts. Car is looking really good now, can't wait to see it with the kit on, did you rob a bank BTW????
You won’t be disappointed with the Brembo setup. If I robbed a bank then I would be in a Ferrari Italia not Silvia :p Nah just have a decent job and work alot lol.

Good Choice in Body kit you will not be dissapointed :)

What offset you getting for the meisters? will be nice to see how it will work with the vertex ridge kit.
I’ve been looking to get the Vertex Ridge since I got the car, took a little longer than expected. Same as yours except I opted for the large canards and the removal of the venting around the side indicator.

I got the Work Meister S1’s a couple year back, specifications are:

Fronts 19x9 - 10 (114mm dish, R disk) wrapped in 245 Dunlop SP9000 tyres.
Rears 19x10 - 15 (133mm dish, O disk) wrapped in 285 Dunlop SP9000 tyres.

S

s15dorkie

wait vertex ridge is widebody isnt it ?? why vertex lang is normal whole kit .?? how come to me vertex ridge look normal but not widebody !

SR2O

Reaction score
the offset seem ok for the kit.. i'll be looking forward to seeing some pics of the kit and wheels together
Should fill out the kit quite well, what offsets are your running with your setup? Should all be together early next year.

wait vertex ridge is widebody isnt it ?? why vertex lang is normal whole kit .?? how come to me vertex ridge look normal but not widebody !
The Vertex Ridge is widebody, however it is quite subtle compared to other widebody kits out there. The Vertex Lang is a normal bodykit but has similar styling.