What's new

Tomi's '99 JDM S15 Silvia

SR2O

Reaction score
^ Thanks. They're really well done, but so they should be considering the price.

I really should get this thread moved into the members rides..

SR2O

Reaction score
Been a while since I updated, finally got some time to install the mods that have been sitting in my room for the past month:

$7 Needle Nose Pliers + Mum's stove = Injector Remover

New Nismo 740cc Injectors:

Old 480cc Injectors:

HKS EVC V:

New PowerFC vs old ECU:

Greddy Intake (painted in crinkle black) w/Tomei 70mm Throttle Body. Need to get silcon joiners and modify the intake pipe to complete:

New Z32 AFM vs Stock AFM. Plug wiring done, need to modify the GruppeM intake adaptor to finish:

Going to Sabbadin Automotive this week for a retune. I'll be giving the power mods a rest for a while to get the bodywork and handling done, then maybe bigger turbo, cams etc.

Reaction score
looking very good! did you take anymore pics of the injector fitting by any chance? Ill be fitting mine in the new year and the pics could always come in use

S

sillbeers15

I see that U have the 70mm N15 throttle body with the two clumsy adaptor plates.....meaning you need to trim off an inch off your intercooler piping before you can fit on with a 70mm-80mm silicon adaptor.

One way is to shave off the greddy intake's throttle body mount (for SR20DET's throttle body) and weld on the N15's throttle body mount! And U still need to custom fabricate your throttle cable mounts....enjoy.

Reaction score
Cars looking great,I like the GReaddy intake plenum may have to invest in one of those, will look lovely when you fit the kit and wheels gotta agree with Yakozan about the C-West kit as I have one on mine:D.Cant wait to see it finished keep the pics coming:nod:.

S

sillbeers15

Cars looking great,I like the GReaddy intake plenum may have to invest in one of those ....S15RKM
Yea agree, I've installed one purely because I like the look of it. But I've gone one step further by removing the greedy badge, sand blast the surface for a polished surface and weld a mount to house the 70mm throttlebody. You can see them in my thread last pic <http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?p=33601&posted=1#post33601>.

SR2O

Reaction score
Quite a few new mods recently:

- Tomei Poncams (256in, 256ex)
- Tomei RAS kit
- 6Boost Steam Pipe Manifold
- Garrett GT2871r: 52 Trim, .64 exhaust housing
- Splitfire coilpacks

Without tune it got 221.1 rwkw @ 5336 RPM (4th Gear) on 13 PSI. Should be interesting to see what it gets with a full tune and around 17-18 PSI (the efficiency range for a 2871r from what I read)

T

tripleJs15

I thought the efficiency range for a 2871r was a little higher than that.

T

tripleJs15

That's a safe boost level for stock bottom end I guess, tose turbos work well around 20-22psi from what I've seen, I boout the 56T version though, suppose to give a little more flow.

Also I need that radiator cooling panel, but since I'm in the US I'm SOL!!!

SR2O

Reaction score
Been ages since I've updated this thread, so here's the major stuff:

- R33 V-Spec Brembo's Calipers Front and Rear
- R33 Drum Handbrake Conversion
- DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors, Front 324mm
- DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors, Rear 297mm
- R33 V-Spec BMC
- Ferodo DS2500 Front Pads
- DB192 C2's (Race Brakes) Rear Pads
- R34 GT-R rims

I've got my suspension stuff (Cusco all round) on the way from Japan, should be here in a month or so. Anyway here's some pictures :)

Brembo's getting cleaned up:

Brake upgrade fitted along with R34 GT-R rims:

SR2O

Reaction score
Well my main suspension gear arrived from Japan on Friday. Had a busy weekend and got everything in except the Cusco E-Con. This is what I ordered:

Cusco - Zero 2E Coilovers (F:8 R:6)
Cusco - E-Con (Electronic Damper Control)
Cusco - Sway Bars (Front and Rear)
Cusco - Adjustable Pillow Tension Rods
Cusco - Tension Rod Bar
Cusco - Adjustable Rear Upper Arms
Cusco - Adjustable Toe Control Rod
Nismo - Power Brace II​
Haven't done subframe bushes or roll center adjustment at this pont. I'll take it down to Traction Tyres to get tweaked shortly. Here's some pics throughout the installation:

Who said the S15 boot is useless?

DIY FTW!

Old Suspension Components

Stock Front Spring/Shocks vs Cusco

Stock Rear Spring/Shocks vs Cusco

Stock Front Swaybar vs Cusco

Stock Rear Swaybar vs Cusco

Stock Rear Upper Arms vs Cusco

Stock Tension Rods vs Cusco

Stock Toe Rods vs Cusco

Cusco Tension Rod Bar

Stock Tension Rod Brace vs Nismo