What's new

My S15 project

Reaction score
Country
Been posting here a few weeks and just realised I have no progress topic up!

Coming from a 380bhp evo 8 mr I can honestly say i've had more fun in this over the past few days than the whole time I owned the evo!

Being bored of safe 4wd predictability, and wanting to build an outrageous car which literally scares me, I decided upon an s15 with a plan.

This one popped up in Scotland and the owner wanted an evo in px.

Car turned out perfect other than the wheels/kit. But a new unfitted vertex kit is being supplied with it. It's extremely straight and clean and the spec is as follows.

Carbon vented bonnet
Uras carbon wing
Uras type s kit
Some sort of 17" wheels
Greddy front mount
5zigen pro racer exhaust
Greddy profec boost controller
Bride zeta II seat
some dodgy steering wheel
tein mono flex coilovers
nismo 1.5 way lsd

Since I've got the car I've fitted a walbro and sorted the boost controller, goes well now!

Plans are keep it as is for now, as I have a drift day at crail at the end of the month, then its going off the road for a major build including an engine swap :wave:

Reaction score
Country
I've just realised the car is a GT :) not that it makes much difference lol. Can anyone tell me more about the silver lights? As I thought they were off autech cars which are all n/a's?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I thought they were just optional extras when new. What engine will you be using? :)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
The GT was an Australian model, but the seats and the sunroof were options.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I hear a v8 lol
Glad to hear the kits going,sounds like you have some awesome plans! Will be keeping my eyes on this thread

E

ej2s15ct9a

It is a GT, infact it is far better then the **** Aus GT. AUst GT was missing half the goods.

so yes mate, you have a rare car. Chrome vent rings? chrome door handles?
Also your whole lower dash is a much brighter vibrant silver.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
It is a GT, infact it is far better then the **** Aus GT. AUst GT was missing half the goods.

so yes mate, you have a rare car. Chrome vent rings? chrome door handles?
Also your whole lower dash is a much brighter vibrant silver.
AFAIK there was no such thing as a JDM GT. It was a Nissan Aus thing to get rid of the last of the S15's using up the parts Nissan Japan had left. If you have proof, I am quite happy to be proven wrong.

EDIT: From 200sx.org.

In 2001, Nissan Australia produced the "GT" Spec Cars. Either a Spec-S or Spec-R may be purchased in GT Trim, and gains the following items:

• Japanese Domestic Market rear spoiler
  • Leather-trimmed seats and steering wheel
  • Standard wheels in chrome trim
  • Drilled alloy pedals
  • Chrome trim for door handles and gearlever surround
  • "GT" badging (from the Skyline family)

Reaction score
Country
Well it's got the leather passenger, door cards and gear knob. Chrome tat everywhere, very original looking alloy pedals and the lower dash panels are a funny silvery grey colour.

Reaction score
Country
Good bit of progress today

V8 is arriving sooner than expected so test fitting should be interesting!
Anyone after a greddy front mount, 5zigen exhaust or 6 speed box? :D

Reaction score
Country
Well my new engine arrived today, 6.0 v8 from a pontiac gto with 400bhp/400lb/ft out the box!

Need to buy a big shiny intake manifold for it and a few other bits, but in the meantime I can finish prepping my bay for a trial fit and see what fits and what doesn't!

Reaction score
Country
Test fitted the engine yesterday, realised the starter has absolutely no chance of clearing, so i'll need to source the starter relocation kit. Tested with the gearbox, and realised yes it does need a good bit of bashing. So after a few attempts, she was in.

Obviously got a long way to go, but once the starter motor is relocated and I decide what I want to do with manifolds, the rest should be pretty straightforward. Started making brackets to mount the radiator on a slight V mount. Just need to really wait for the intake/tb so I can sort that side of things out then look at plumbing everything else in.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
very nice mate, love the ls series. watching with loads of interest - keep up the good work :)