What's new

My S15 project

Reaction score
Country
I can't remember figures but the engine is roughly the same, gearbox is heavier. The engine is aluminium. Certainly didn't feel much heavier moving it about.

L

Luke_sedz

One of my friends who has a S15 told me about this thread.

I'm very interested to see how you get on. Ive just started the same swap into a Honda S2000.

About the weights the LS1 with a T56 6spd gearbox bolted to it weighs about 285kg (627lbs). Not sure on the weights of the sr20det but the s2000 engine and box weighs 245kg (539lbs) so only 40kg heavier.

Good luck with it.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
^^ Are you the guy from Tegiwa? I so I've heard about your S2000build.. Was it up and running for JAE?

L

Luke_sedz

^^ Are you the guy from Tegiwa? I so I've heard about your S2000build.. Was it up and running for JAE?
Yeah I'm from TEGIWA. I was in my evo 9 wagon as the s2000 isn't finished yet. I'm doing a similar swap as the evo is 420bhp and want to get into RWD.

Reaction score
Country
The sr and box is 500 odd pounds so its not far off the same. 40kg isn't exactly alot, half a normal guy.

How does the ls fit in the s2k? Can you buying a fitting kit? Whats steering column clearance like with the starter?

L

Luke_sedz

The sr and box is 500 odd pounds so its not far off the same. 40kg isn't exactly alot, half a normal guy.

How does the ls fit in the s2k? Can you buying a fitting kit? Whats steering column clearance like with the starter?
There was talk about Hinson making a kit but it never materialised so I'm making the kit myself. There are only a few s2000 V8s in the world so not a lot of info out there.

Not sure about the starter motor. Will let you know soon.