What's new

Control's S15 Spec-R Aero

C

Controll3d

So finally got car last friday. It was my first time driving RHD and never though it to be so easy. Only once almost got to wipers instead of indicators. :eek:
tbh, Monday drove LHD car again and went for wipers couple times... :wack:

But less about useless info and more about car itself.

2000 Spec-R Aero with bit under 90k on clock atm.

It was suppose to be pretty stock Spec-R, but seems to bit "better".

Parts i have found so far:
Trust Power Extreme II exhaust
Tomei Expreme turbo outlet
A'pexi S15 filter kit, but filter have taken some damage
Cusco coilovers (Not sure yet if they are Zero-1 or -2)
Found manual+receipt for Cusco L.S.D., but no idea if car still have it.

Defi boost gauge
A'pexi Turbo Timer
Greddy Profec B-spec 2
Bride seat for driver, not in best condition

Parts i have waiting:
Rota GTR-D's, 18x10/18x9.5
Clear Nismo side indicators
z32 fuel filter
Walbro pump kit
New A'pexi filter
D1 Spec 1.3kg radiator cap
Titek Carbon spark plug cover
Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD headunit

Also planning to get Yashio Factory led taillights.

Interior needs some serious cleaning. Front bumper is bit broken and sides are hold with zipties. :p

Last edited:
C

Controll3d

Some progress on car. Clear side indicators, radiator cap replaced, BMC stopper installed and gave it good clean.

Apexi filter didn't fit. It was too small for S15 maf... gladly can exchange it with friend. He got bigger filter which doesn't fit on z32 maf.

Now the biggest thing... GTR-Ds. Oh boy, nothing but trouble at front. :wack:
At first no go. Inner lip hit coilovers. Bought 5mm spacers. Passenger side cleared, but driver didn't properly. Short drive and inner lip got destroyed... :annoyed:
Cleaned up mess it caused to rim. Adjusted preload "wrong" now and it's all clear. Except for passenger side. Lip hits spring just abit when turning left. Can't adjust since didn't get cusco spanners with car. Driver side was rather loose. :(

This is how car is sitting atm. Better pics will follow.
Stock non-rolled arches and coils set to 5th. Not hitting on small bumps atleast. :thumbs:

C

Controll3d

They are...

Front: 18x9.5, ET25 w/ 5mm spacers (Nankang NS-II 225/40/18)
Rear: 18x10, ET35 (Nankang NS-II 255/35/18)

C

Controll3d

Those better pics as i promised. :)

Closer look at wheel fitment

I think 10mm spacers at front and with bit more camper should solve coilover issue. I'd guess it should be fine even with stock fenders. :thumbs:

Also manage to install Pioneer headunit. Needed to modify previous wiring a bit. Since couldn't find proper iso adapter locally. Did order adapter from ebay, tho. Current should be fine till it arrive.

C

Controll3d

Bit of update on car. It's been in garage since November.

This is how it's currently sitting. :)

Started doing underbody rust protection myself. Chassis rails have took some damage while in Japan. Nothing too bad, but some rust due it. Front wings and front bumper are bit damaged aswell.

Might need to source new aero front bumper. Pretty hard to find those and most not wanting to ship them abroad. :(

Also planning to upgrade those stock tail lights.

Reaction score
Country
Get some photos of under the car mate!

I imagine it to be spotless as the whole car in general looks pristine :nod:

Also make sure you grind as much of the rust away (if any) as you can and give it a decent coat in zinc primer followed by a top coat of something..dont just bung any old hammerite on top of bare metal :thumbs:

C

Controll3d

Gotta take some pics next time visiting garage. :nod:
Not rust free, but could be much more worse for 10 year old car.

Going to use Wurth rost-stop quattro as primer. Should be great against road salt alone aswell. 1.5 years since painted spot on my s13, only primer and not painted over. Still no rust in sight. :)
As for protective layer going to be using tectyl bodysafe.

C

Controll3d

Passenger side chassis rail before primer.

Not great pics, but i guess gives bit of general idea. :)

Also just bought Yashio Factory "style" smoke tail lights, made by Sonar. Which makes those Yashios anyway? :)

C

Controll3d

Going deeper is for next winter. :D
Then plans for dropping subframe and refurb it. Replacing bushes, upgrading brake lines and maybe z32 rear brake conversion.

Too hurry to get it on the road again! And then going to start building my s13.

Been following your thread, Fruitbooter. Nice work btw! :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
That looks SUPPPPERRRR clean, I love it!!!! Was it hard to insure considering that all other cars in Finland are LHD?

C

clive

Do you have the link for the Yashio style tail lights you've purchased? I really like them but don't want to buy anything with rubbish fitment!

C

Controll3d

Was it hard to insure considering that all other cars in Finland are LHD?
Not at all. Doesn't make any difference. tbh, it's really cheap to insure since only few of them here. :)

Do you have the link for the Yashio style tail lights you've purchased? I really like them but don't want to buy anything with rubbish fitment!
Bought them second hand. Will provide part numbers (and pics) once get those lights next week. Seen couple pics of thoes lights and they look exactly same as older Yashios.
Got Junyan tail lights on my S13 and those were spot on and pretty good quality aswell.