What's new

Mike's Spec-R

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Evening folks, been snooping round for a while on here thought it was about time to post a thread up.

Been after a s15 for years and started a newbie thread on here ages ago but finally after a ctr a mr fq-340 and a dc5 later i've managed to find myself in a Silvia!

I nearly bought Craigs 15, but after a bit of soul searching i decided i couldnt handle the responsibility of owning it and hopefully i convinced him to keep it! But i picked up my 99 Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R from Torque GT in Buckfastleigh, . I literally cannot recommend them and Mike down there enough superb service.

She's a fresh import and i'll be the first uk owner, it was totally standard apart from a Greddy turbo timer. So a nice clean canvas to work with.

Since was gonna take while for them to underseal, fit alarm change private plate over i shopped around and had some goodies posted down to them to be fitted. Im picking it up this week hopefully when the new V5 comes through!

Spec so far
1999 Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R full aero kit.
HSD Coilovers
Apexi Induction
Gizzmo IBC(ish)
H-dev Mani
Tomei elbow
HKS braided break lines
Blitz nur spec cat back
Rota Grid Drifts 18x8.5(front) 18x9.5 (rear)
Sniper racing carbon exhaust shield
Crystal rear lights
Alpine Double Din
Transformer wheel caps because i look at ebay to often.

Stock

Current

Some new light to freshen up the rear and coils and wheels fitted :cool:

Fresh rear with added ichigo power!

:D

Fitted the Alpine Double Din :)

Had the arches rolled since they were closer than id like with anything more than a coke can in the back! Had them rolled by Chaz at http://www.archenemy.co.uk/ highly recommended! Superb job! And fair play for doing it on the drive...!!

Sprained my ankle so cant drive her at the moment :( Bad times! So i'll try take some proper pictures when i can walk!!

Any comment welcome! :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Lovely looking motor,the few changes you have made make the car look fresh !
Very nice place to start looks really nice mate,bad times on the ankle how annoying having the car sat there! Hope you get to enjoy it soon !!!welcome along

Reaction score
Looks really nice mate, looking forwars to more. How does it compare to your previous cars?

Reaction score
Country
Looking good mate!

Nice car you have there :nod:

I got mine from Torque GT too, Mike is great!

Whats next? Exhaust? Any engine mods?

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Looks really nice mate, looking forwars to more. How does it compare to your previous cars?
Cheers guys :) very different from the others, the two honda's a a totally different breed being fwd! The vtec motor is so hoonable but you have to drive it hard to drive it fast, the silvia and the evo are so much smoother, feel less of an animal when you open them up! Hopefully i wont miss the reliability of the Honda's though!

Looking good mate!

Nice car you have there :nod:

I got mine from Torque GT too, Mike is great!

Whats next? Exhaust? Any engine mods?
Taa! Um yeah eventually want to work my way through the car, not aiming for anything to crazy. For now im gonna work with cosmetics. Since it hasnt been driven for so long i want to make sure its all together before i start to put more strain on it. But i've got an ever changing basket on Apex and RHD! Want to try and find the rear spats for the bumper but thats easier said than done! I've also got a set of Bride Vios Low Max's i had in the DC5 but i'm not sure if i want to fit them in the silvia now.... or just fit one. Or flog them and get a set of recliners! Decisions decisions, any opinions? The fixed buckets can be quite extreme.

Looking good Mike :)
Cheers dude! :)

Reaction score
Country
Want to try and find the rear spats for the bumper but thats easier said than done!
Tell me about it! Ive been on that quest since September last year lol.

Although there was someone on here who said they have made some up from moulds (thread in GC) but no pictures have been posted yet...:(

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
He's sold a few sets but from what I've heard they are missing a few brackets compared to originals. Personally if it was me I'd reluctantly bite the expensive bullet and buy new ones. At least that way you know your getting a perfect product.

Reaction score
Country
I wasnt aware you could still buy new ones? Is that direct from Nissan?

I bet its quite expensive...probably the same price if not more as a nice new rear vertex bumper :nod:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
You can get them from RHD Japan. Not sure of the cost. :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Looks ace Mike :)

I originally sourced mine from Torque GT - as you say Mike is a top bloke and always gets back to you... even after he's sold you the car :thumbs:

S

S15 SILVIA

Welcome Mike.
Getting a common name on here that! :)
I also got my pearly White Silv from Mike aka torque. Top man. Very helpful.
How much did archenemy charge you for the rolling? Did you do just the back?
Been meaning to get my rears rolled for ages, since I fitted the GTR rims. But never seem to get round to it!
Anyway, welcome along.
Mike

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Welcome Mike.
Getting a common name on here that! :)
I also got my pearly White Silv from Mike aka torque. Top man. Very helpful.
How much did archenemy charge you for the rolling? Did you do just the back?
Been meaning to get my rears rolled for ages, since I fitted the GTR rims. But never seem to get round to it!
Anyway, welcome along.
Mike
Haha! Theres a few of us ay!
Yeah just had the rears done, they charge 80 for the rear lip roll, there is a extra charge depending on how far they have to travel, closest guy to me was in Oxford so was an extra 50 quid, very impressed with the job they did though!
Cheers.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Nice car mate, love what you've done with it so far. I did loan a set of spats to a guy that made a set of perfect replica moulds. unfortunately now he's disappeared off the face of the earth after selling two sets :(

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I am not really surprised by that unfortunatley. He obviously thought he could make some money off it. As long as you got your original spats back.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
nice mate..
whats the offset on the rims?
Cheers mate there 18x9.5 et38, 18x8.5 et30. :)

Nice car mate, love what you've done with it so far. I did loan a set of spats to a guy that made a set of perfect replica moulds. unfortunately now he's disappeared off the face of the earth after selling two sets :(
Cheers mate, that sucks :( I mean at 400 quid for a new set i imagine he could have sold a few sets on here too. Like Meddler mentioned did you get the spats back?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I asked first mike :p

Reaction score
Country
I still make the rear spats, please pm me if any interest, as for the brackets the moulded one on the bottom of the spat is moulded in and thats all there was evre going to be, it was NEVER said it included the bracket to fit to the arch and dean has a way of doing this anyway, really shouldnt be any fitting issues to fit these over the genuine price. There still way better than other aftermarket fibreglass spats, s15, skylines this is the best set of spats/moulds ive ever made.

I can always be pmed and reached here it shows up on my email :)