What's new

Mike's Spec-R

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Fixed.

Car's looking good Mike.
Thanks mate, sorry about that! :)

Cheers Sam, when I started looking at importing them there was only one colour I wanted! Had to be white!

My forum stickers arrived today too! :)

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Ahhh mike you got the last set! I gotta wait a couple of weeks for mine! Boo! Whites are gorgeous and with the right wheels they become aggressive! Like yours has!

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
What would you know, you don't even have one anymore! :p

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Just picked her up. More than happy, worth every single penny.

Sorry was dark when i got back, little teasers.

Better pics to follow! :D

Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Looks very nice Mike. Now you just need an intercooler to fill that little hole at the front ;)

What would you know, you don't even have one anymore! :p
Yeah I have! It's going to be here for a little while yet - waiting for Banzai to come and take pics then remove the reg plate! ;)

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Looks very nice Mike. Now you just need an intercooler to fill that little hole at the front ;)

Yeah I have! It's going to be here for a little while yet - waiting for Banzai to come and take pics then remove the reg plate! ;)
Next thing on the list! Problem now is do I go for a normal intercooler and have to cut the bumper that's cost me quite literally a fortune or an apex 2 and live with a wonky one?! Any opinions?!

Are you taking the plate off?! That was a "must stay on" when I was going to buy it!

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The car's going abroard so it would be lost back to the DVLA anyway if it's left on. I'm going to keep it incase I get another as IMO it's the best 'S15***/SILVIA' plate available :)

I'd go for the Autobahn88 one.. It's got a seriously good core, fits properly and doesn't require bumper or fog light butchery. You have to cut the battery tray but if i was doing it all again I'd remove the battery tray entirely and relocate it to the boot..

The Apex fitment is pretty rubbish from what I've read many times.. takes a lot of work to get it right but I've not fitted one myself..

Mike

Reaction score
Country
The car's going abroard so it would be lost back to the DVLA anyway if it's left on. I'm going to keep it incase I get another as IMO it's the best 'S15***/SILVIA' plate available :)

I'd go for the Autobahn88 one.. It's got a seriously good core, fits properly and doesn't require bumper or fog light butchery. You have to cut the battery tray but if i was doing it all again I'd remove the battery tray entirely and relocate it to the boot..

The Apex fitment is pretty rubbish from what I've read many times.. takes a lot of work to get it right but I've not fitted one myself..
Ahh yeah we just guest it must be going abroad, it is the best I think, and worth at least 6 grand compared to the 1500 S15 RWD is up for on sxoc.

God damn you and your perfectionism( no idea if that's a word!). I was praying you'd say "yeah thats a fine one" I'm already annoyed my spats arnt real, fit isn't amazing. Is FRsport the best bet for the autobahn one?

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
If I was going to do another front mount, I would look at the cores that mount in front of the radiator. Sure it sits behind the aircon condensor, but I would rather that than cutting into the car. The kit I have was a no cut kit after a few small mods. The only thing is I would have liked the core to be larger, but it is supposed to be good for 250kw.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
What?! £1500!! That was Nicely's old plate. I think all the S15*** ones were/are £250 from the DVLA!

I remember when the guy that was selling the spats insisted the fitment was totally perfect.. I looked into getting some made once but the guy making them said they would never fit like the originals so I didn't do it.

There are UK distributors for Autobahn88 and they sometimes sell on eBay. Distributor links are in their website..

http://www.autobahn88.co.uk/english/

:)

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
looks like he is trying to recover some money from the build.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
I remember when the guy that was selling the spats insisted the fitment was totally perfect.. I looked into getting some made once but the guy making them said they would never fit like the originals so I didn't do it.
For the money I'm not gonna complain, but they don't fit like the bumper did. I'll take some "full review" pictures tomorrow/today and let you all have a look!

Reaction score
Country
Hi looks very nice, I purchased a white S15 Spec R from Torque in late March 2011. I went down to them in Feb to test drive one, but my head was against the sunroof opening edge and it dug in every time I hit a small bump. I am 6'4". I think that was your car! After driving it I said to Mike at Torque "can you find me one just like that but without a sunroof" which he did.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Hi looks very nice, I purchased a white S15 Spec R from Torque in late March 2011. I went down to them in Feb to test drive one, but my head was against the sunroof opening edge and it dug in every time I hit a small bump. I am 6'4". I think that was your car! After driving it I said to Mike at Torque "can you find me one just like that but without a sunroof" which he did.
Ah thats crazy, must be the same one! Didnt have the same issue thought luckily as much shorter! :)

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Little update, bought a new camera the other day so a few pics no idea what i'm doing though.

Annnd...
FMIC ordered.
Carbon exhaust shield fitted.

On a curb not that low! :p

Someone else's from the other night, love the 14 and 15 pic!

:)

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Mike your car is gonna embarrass us so much at Combe! Tempted to ban you! Ha ha! ;) It's ok I'm jokin!! Looks stunning mate, I reaaaallllly want some rota's they look sooooo nice!
I love that even the inside of your wheels are clean! That's attention to detail.

Where was the first meet?

You need this as your sig!

Last edited: