Country
Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
No worries dude :) Awesome - I'll check the articles when I get home cos work PC is being crap and won't show them lol :wack:

Where' best to get dry ice from... someone told me pop down to BOC but I'm guessing they supply the industry using large lorries, not to Joe Bloggs like me turning up with couple of flasks lol :D

Reaction score
Country
if you know someone who works in a supermarket they could sneak you some, dried frozen foods are always packed with dry ice, I get it from my work

J

JapanS15

Yep, I don't think you really need to sneak it. All you have to do is ask. We would just through it outside and let it thaw/melt/evaporate (whatever it does). I used to work in a supermarket.

J

JapanS15

^Dry Ice Applied....and here it's out in one piece after sitting for 10 minutes.

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
UPDATE!!

Ok to make up for the fact this is an S14 build thread and not a lovely S15 I'll start with some pics I did for Totally Modified a few weeks back lol...

And now the track project hehe...

Managed to get all the nasty sound deadening off using air chisel in the end (even though past 2 days were pretty damn hot!!). Worked a treat although be careful as you can rip holes in the floor plan which might as well be a slice of cheese :wack:

Then we bought a whole massive bag of old rags and got to work with industrial thinners, wire brushes and spent a few hours getting the crap sticky stuff removed.

Keyed the whole interior after cleaning it all and she now has 3 coats of red primer inside :) Oh yeah, before we put the primer down, we fitted the rollcage, bolted everthing together just so we could locate and drill the foot plate holes for the bolts. Next time I'm up there we'll be putting down red basecoat to finish interior and then bolting rollcage properly.

Heater matrix, passenger air bag etc all gone. Gonna chop dash since it's not a dash dodger... before anyone says, yes I'll be buying a lightweight small demister unit which runs off 12V ;)

Next up is the video Speed Factory S14 Project: Part 2 :thumbs:

Last edited:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol not too bad ey? :D

Ok got myself a Nikon D3100 to shoot HD movies... absolutely love this bit of kit... so easy to use!! :) Can use all my lenses which I current work with on my D300 (except Sigma one doh!!) = playing about with DOF and 720p is decent quality stuff :cool:

SPEED FACTORY S14 PROJECT: PART 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_UnFBkLPdw

Thanks to Gav, Bryce and Jon for helping me get to this point with the stripping out job :thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheers dude :D

Yup this D3100 is way, way better than using Sony HD Handycam... what was I thinking buying that lol?! :wack: Relegated family movies haha!!

S

S15 SILVIA

You still not finished this yet James :p
Nice video mate. Keep us updated.
Peace out!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol sorry for the delay! It's the summer... holidays and all that!! :p

Ok as some of you know, I've been up the unit at Speed Factory again recently and added a layer of basecoat (same colour as rest of car) to the stripped out interior. So she's finally ready for rollcage installation as well as a bit of a chop job on the dash so it fits around this :wack:

Gav and the team have done a wicked job of sorting out the underside... fully stripping out and replacing brake plus fuel lines cos they were rotting! Also took subframe off, dropped the fuel tank, cleaned and undersealed everything and them upgrading the subframe bushes to full solid Japspeed alloy items :)

I'll upload pics hopefully tonight but she's coming along nicely... just can't wait to drive the damn thing!!!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Nice ,been waiting for an update! Sounds like you are moving swiftly along with it!
Looking forward to seeing some pics