What's new

LuPix's S14a 'The Speed Factory' Track Project :p

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Rota SVN-R's are now on the car woop!! 18x10 all four corners running 245/40 R18... going for GRIP and more GRIP!!! :D

Popped up to Speed Factory today to start work stripping out interior completely...

Made quick progress... by lunchtime (started around 8.30am) all leather interior trims/parts, door cards, roof lining, carpets, centre console, boot trim were out!!

So I fitted the Bride Zeta III driver seat (bought off Mitto - cheers dude!) and also mock fitted the Bride Vios III passenger seat since I'm going to have to order the damn passenger rail for that side...

Lovely jubbly...

Gav also managed to source me the new D2 356mm 'Black' special edition front brake kit so they were fitted just before I got there today :D

That was all I could do today (did also end the day fitting the Apexi induction cone filter kit). Some pics of the Speedflow oil cooler + relocation kit as well as x2 sets of TRS 3" harnesses that need to go in the project...

Will be back end of June with couple of mates to get rollcage fitted and welded into the S14 ;)

Can't wait!!!

Cheers

James

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Sweet update! Been waiting to see this,defo heading in the right direction with this ,gonna be awesome dude! Well in.
That's not quick getting an interior out though dude! I used to strip a bmw or mercedes interior in under an hour! Now that's quick lol.

the black brakes look :cool: dont think purple would have been manly enough for this spec!!!
Looking forward to the next update. Love svn rims too they look so nice man.

Last edited:
S

S15 SILVIA

Great work James.
Wish I had pockets like yours! :)
Had to take my Silv off the road for now due to buying a house, and there's you spending even more money even after moving! Some do live the life.
Great progress tho. Keep it up, and don't forget to put some pics up with the wheels fitted.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Good progress pal :) you got a date/track event in mind that you want to be ready for?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol Chris - TBF I say 8.30am to lunchtime but a lot of it was chatting to Gav and taking some vids of the process... you know me :D :p

Yeah really chuffed I got the black version of the D2 kit... they suit a red car like a treat!!

Mike - I'm just lucky that I've got the income to support my hobby (but it's an obsession really!!) :) I don't smoke and don't drink regularly (more the case of small binges when I'm out hehe) so that's more pennies in the bank haha... really??? :wack:

Adam - hope you had a blast at The Ring dude!! I wasn't aiming to bother with track events until next year... Curborough in March/April will be my shakedown. Although at this rate car will be ready for some action well before this... might just get her to JAE and JDM Allstars Wembley to show her off and have something more interesting to arrive in than Alan Partridge's ride lmao :D

Thanks everyone for the comments!!! :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hahaha you love it! And so do I
Looking really good mate,love the rims!
Is that a gizmo ebc you have? I am still stuck between getting an ebc or adjustable actuator,have heard good things about the gizmo stuff though.....
So what's next then? You getting wide fenders on there to cover those huge rims??? At this rate the car won't take long to finish!

S

S15 SILVIA

Wheels look awesome James. Like the clip with you driving the invisable car. :)

Reaction score
Country
Is this done yet? *yawns* you take forever man! haha ;) see you tomorrow for some JDM food! x

Reaction score
Country
James, I'm liking the vid, you do know that were gonna want a vid for each stage now :)

Japspeed

Trader
Reaction score
Website
www.japspeed.co.uk
So this is where gav keeps running off to with parts!! Nice project, he's a top bloke gav. The car will be awesome when finished, who knows....... Maybe we will race you round a track sometime in our s15!!!! :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hahaha you love it! And so do I
Looking really good mate,love the rims!
Is that a gizmo ebc you have? I am still stuck between getting an ebc or adjustable actuator,have heard good things about the gizmo stuff though.....
So what's next then? You getting wide fenders on there to cover those huge rims??? At this rate the car won't take long to finish!
Hey Chris - thanks for the comments :)

Yep - got the Gizzmo MS-2 which is the newer Series 2 version. Not only does it have regular boost control but also turbo timer (which is the main reason I went for this) and also FCD (fuel cut) but I don't believe we really need this on SR's etc. 200 GBP from Conceptua and they have it in stock :thumbs:

TBF the 10J rims don't stick out that much (the S14a arches are huuge lol!!) but yeah will still need some wide fenders to allow me to run spacers and give me a wider track which will no doubt help with even better grip on track. Next on the list is to go up for 2 days with some mates and fit/weld the rollcage I've got sat waiting back here.

Then Gav and Speed Factory are going to do some body work ;) and will get all the bits I've ordered fitted - some by me, some by Speed Factory. Subframe alloy collars is one job I'd rather not bother myself haha :p

I also have a feeling this S14 will venture out somewhere ready well before the end of the year... who knows... JAE hehe??

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheers Mike - yeah I was enjoying some invisible car driving lol :D

James - haha you know me, I like to take my time :p See ya tonight bro!!!

Ichi - thanks dude... yep I think I'll want to do a little vid for each stage too :thumbs:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
So this is where gav keeps running off to with parts!! Nice project, he's a top bloke gav. The car will be awesome when finished, who knows....... Maybe we will race you round a track sometime in our s15!!!! :)
lol Gav's really been looking after me and above all, storing the car up at his place nice and safe :)

Can't thank him enough...

haha will deffo be up for the challenge taking on an S15... Japspeed S15?? Gulps!!! :p

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
All sounds good to me mate,good plan of action! I am. 100% at jae so if you make it that would be awesome! Gives me plenty of time to get things done.
Look forward to the next vid

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheers guys - I love making vids... and taking pics lol :D

Thinking about selling off my Sony HD camcorder and getting a Nikon D3100 which shoots HD movies (720p/30) :thumbs: Since I've got a few Nikon lenses I can get even more creative and I've seen on YouTube the quality of the vids shot by this SLR!! Awesome!!!

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Top work mate! wee bit more than what I am doing to my S14 but roughly the same ball game with my s15 :wack: lol looking forward to see how your going to style it though