What's new

Another JDM Spec R build up

Reaction score
Just another JDM Spec R build up

Hey Guys,

Ive had my '99 JDM Spec R just over a year now and think its about time i started a build thread. Ive collected a few parts over the last year and dont have many left to get untill i start work on the car.

The mid term aim for this car is to be nice on the street, as defect free as possible and able to do a respectable lap at the odd track day. I have another car that is my track car so im trying to behave with this one ;)

The car came optioned with factory xennon headlights and a sunroof which was bonus but the catch was the hicas which i have since eliminated :)

Parts currently fitted are

Exterior
Factory weather protectors
Factory privacy glass +tinting
Nismo R tune front bar

Wheels/Tyres
Nismo LM GT4 wheels
Bridgestone S03 tyres

Suspension
Murray Coote Automotive Silver series coilovers
w/adjustable front strut tops and bump/rebound adjustment
Whiteline front adjustable castor kit
Whiteleine rear adjustable camber kit
Cusco strut braces F+R
Hicas lock bar

Brakes
Project u hc+ brake pads F+R
Braided brake lines
Cusco BMCS
Motul Rbf 600 fluid

Interior
Genuine GT model chrome air vents, door handles and gear stick surround
Sniper carbon fibre radio surround
Vertex leather handbrake cover
Eclipse Shift-I RPM display
Factory floor mats

Engine

Hks hybrid panel filter
Gfb respons direct fit bov
Hks Evc S boost controller
Arc turnflow fmic kit
Thermotec wrapped CES split dump/front pipe
Catco 3in high flow cat
Kakimoto regu06&R s/s catback exhaust
Walbro intank *fuel pump
Nistune modified ECU
Moroso enlarged baffled sump
Motul engine oil
Nissan coolant

Driveline
100% stock

Stereo/Security
BIG ;)

In case this pic isnt obvious i work as a mechanic :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was going to use a nismo fuel pump even though they cos a bit but after reading on here they are noisey i think ill go for the walbro, thanks s15oc :)

overnight parts from japan :p

Reaction score
Got started on the interior yesterday, doing a s15 GT spec fitout with the carbon surrond and vetex leather handbrake boot

I would have an after pic but it turns out some of the center vents i ordered are the wrong ones and cannot be returned :(

If anyone needs a spare one i have 2 available for $50AUD each, im keeping one for myself. They are the best part of $100AUD new

BEFORE:

PARTS:

Still waiting on the GT spec alloy pedals and now 3 more chrome vents, please be the correct ones this time its getting expensive :S

THEN i can put up the after pic :D

Im also having MCA come up with some coilovers for the s15 to suit maily street use but also able to perform on the track

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Where did you order the vents from mate?
Are they available through nissan? My car came with a vent and backing missing I have a gauge to go in the space but need the vent backing to fit it.
Car looks sweet man,some really nice parts going on there!love the nismo rims look awesome!

Reaction score
Thanks mate appeciate it. Im really looking forward to putting it together. I think ill chamge the rims some wider rotas in the same style when my current tyres wear

Yes they are available through nissan and i also have 3 for sale if you get stuck let me know.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Nice one ! Cheers mate,will do don't know how much postage would be though?
Are they the wrong one because they are chrome? What spec are your wheels?they look pretty good offset,fill the arches quite nicely.

Reaction score
No they are wrong because they arent the chrome ones. I have 2 standard non chrome ones for sale. The wheels do fill out the back ok but the front is a bit sunken, they are 18x7.5 +30. Im thinking of getting a set of 18x8.5 +30. Not sure on postage maybe pm me your address and i can get a quote.

Reaction score
Got the chrome vents yesterday and fitted them up, looks pretty good with the door handles and gearstick surround.. that is if chrome is your thing haha. Will have pics up soon.

MCA coilovers have been ordered and they should be ready in the next few weeks, cant wait they should be pretty spectacular. The walbro fuel pump has also arrived, just need to decide on the ecu now, weather i go for nistune using afm and ebc, or go down the path of a haltech plug in pro negating the need for and afm/ebc and justifying the extra cost perhaps.

In other news i have found some used porsche up slicks to use on R34 gtr rims that im planning to use on my track R32 gtst.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Wow lots of nice stuff going into this car! Have heard gOod things about the haltech ,if you are looking for big numbers is probably the way to go mate.
Only just seen your last post about the vents,you still have onee? If so I will pm you my add

Reaction score
Yes still have 2 new standard vents for sale, pm me your address.

I am not really looking for big numbers, im more interested in learning to tune which ever ecu i go with. As i mentioned im a mechanic and the nistune market at the momment in australia seems

Reaction score
to be fairly popular as it is relatively cheap and defect free compared to a haltech etc. which i think in these uncertain economic times is important to consider.

There are still alot buying motec/haltech etc so i guess it more of a question where to start when trying to learn efi tuning.

I want this setup tuned before the end of the year so ill probably pay another workshop to do it. Really im just considering some long term goals at the momment.

In other news the ADM GT Spec pedal set i ordered arrived today. The brake and clutch pedals are obviously the same and are like standard in fitment the way the stretch over the metal part of the pedal.

The rude shock i got was trying to fit the accelerator pedal, and i even bought the correct bushes to attach it. Turns out the actual arm the accel pedal is on is a different diameter and would be to sloppy in the bush.

Reaction score
There is also part of the standard accel arm that would have to be cut out for the gt pedal to fit. It is behind where all the holes are in the gt alloy pedal. I will price a gt spec accel aem next week and get that if the price is realistic. If not im pretty sure i be able to modify whats there to get it to fit perfectly.

Sorry for multiple posts i think apple needs to put more ram in their iphone 4s ;)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I was looking into apexi power fc but have been told nistune gets bEtter results,better idle and just is a much easier ecu to map well.
I am looking to get more usable power through the bottom and mid range,rather than big numbers and have been told nistune is the way to go,as its been around a while and is popular it has good customer support too if you should ever need it,not saying it won't do big numbers I am sure its capable of pretty much anything a street tuned car has to throw at it!
Your attention to detail is pretty mental dude! Changing a lot of things I have never given a 2nd thought fair play this car is gonna be sweet!!!

Reaction score
Yeah sure it was from psi parts in Aus, its a sniper racing product. If you can find someone to carbon wrap your stock one with real or fake effect thats probably a better way to go for ease of fit and fitment itself.

My new coilovers finally arrived, ill start putting them in tomorrow after work and finish the job on saturday.