What's new

Another JDM Spec R build up

Reaction score
Hks evc s and cusco brake master cylinder brace ordered from jessestreeter.com :) Great prices!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Nice parts dude,both on my shopping list! Will have to check the prices on the site as haven't decided where I am buying from yet!
This car is gonna be top spec man,I love it!

Reaction score
Just ordered a nistune package for the ecu, will order a z32 afm and tomei or hpi plug in the next week or so. Then ill have to start thinking about a clutch probably with a lighter flywheel.

www.nistune.com

The suspension is fairly sorted now, the MCA coilovers are a dream to drive on, especially considering the state of public roads :) Might try some stronger springs in the front, but im leaning towards keeping the swaybars standard as they are of a pretty decent size already.

Plus my track car just **** its two bosch pumps and battery :(

E

ej2s15ct9a

awh damn, gotta get the track car sorted man, otherwise you will dish out all the abuse on the s15 >< aha
Hearing brilliant things about http://www.npcperformance.com.au/ clutches if you want to do research on them. cheap and very reliable. I am considering going down this path myself

Reaction score
This is the vacuum moulded carbon fibre sunroof replacement a mate helped me make for the R32 gtst track car. I was originally going to paint it but i think ill leave it so you can see the carbon.

Reaction score
Back to the s15, dump pipe wrapped and wired with stainless tie wire. Thinking about replacing the o2 sensor so havent finished the wrapping hence the hose clamp still being there as i need to cut the wrap to accomodate the sensor. Should have added a fitting for a motec wideband afr guage, ill worry about that when i own one though :)

E

ej2s15ct9a

Carbon Fibre sunroof is interesting!
I see sunroofs as a negative and a positive.

positive being they add downbforce to the centre of the car, which is probably the most ideal spot.
Negative being they're far heavier thanks to the glass ><

any plans to add one to the s15? you should make atleast 2 and sell me one :)

Any plans for a set of bride seats? or recaros? I think the second best handling mod after coilovers is a set of buckets. -_^ no point having a car that can handle when you can't handle it yourself :p

Reaction score
Yeah the 32 is completely stripped including the whole sunroof mechanism. We made a mould from the glass to basically plug the hole with. Ill take a photo of the underside tomorrow so its easy to see what i mean.

Sunroofs are great in street cars if you can afford the headroom i love them. As far as i know they raise the center of gravity. The 32 now should technically have a lower cog than one with a standard metal roof. Not by much though really.

Even a race car driver would be hard pressed to pick the difference between a car with a standard functioning sunroof or without. Maybe there would be a tenth difference but as far as feeling it when u drive the car, no way. Youd be better off taking a piss before u went for a drive if you kbiw what i mean.

I did the sunroof mod purely to gain headroom, as the 32 already has bride low max seats in it. As far as seats in the s15 go um still undecided. The late model r34 gtr seats are nice in the black they come in, as would be a set of reclineable recaros. Im not a big guy and the standard seats hold be well as most importantly being very practicle. The bride vois fixed back seats used to give me te ****s a bit when the 32 was still registered.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
that sunroof panel looks awesome. I have a sunroof and it is a PITA when I have my helmet on when on the track, but we must remember, these cars are made for 5'4" Japenese people.

Reaction score
Thanks mate, alot of work went into making the mould and then turning one out in carbon, 4 layers to be precise :) im just under 6ft and that exactly right about headroom with a helmet on at the track. Even with bride vois low max seats and rails i was still wanting more headroom. I had toyed with the idea of making a carbon shellnto replace the glass and thus keeping the sunroof functional. For what its worth the whole sunroof assembely, frame and glass was 15kg or less easily. Id say the glass was 10kg max. I still have all this stuff so i could measure it sometime.

Reaction score
Ordered a moroso enlarged sump and a GFB respons bov today. I might be able to get away without these items for this build but they are both fairly cheap, easy to fit and should make the whole package that bit more reliable.

Frsprort have a really good price going at the momment.
http://www.frsport.com/Moroso-20975-SR20DET-Upgraded-Aluminum-Oil-Pan_p_15262.html

Gfb respons direct replacement for stock bov. Ive read all about the dramas of the stock one and hopefully this will eliminate that.
http://www.gfb.com.au/products?page=shop.browse&category_id=210

The spare standard ecu i bought is now back from having the nistune daughter board installed and te base map edited to run with a Z32 afm. I asked for this so i can fit all the mods up and drive the car to a tuner. Matt brown from nistune was very helpful. At a later date ill purchase a plms consult cable and the nistune software.

Reaction score
All done, i even rubbed it back and prepsoled it clean before painting :)

Sump and bov should be here early next week as ive now paid for them :)

Reaction score
A volvo in the workshop at the momment. 2000 model with twin scroll manifold and turbo for those interested. Fair play nissan you let us down!