What's new

Another JDM Spec R build up

Reaction score
Country
Yeah sure it was from psi parts in Aus, its a sniper racing product. If you can find someone to carbon wrap your stock one with real or fake effect thats probably a better way to go for ease of fit and fitment itself. .

how is the fitment of it? did it require any "[FONT=&quot]persuasion[/FONT]"

E

ej2s15ct9a

nice, almost as many factory options as mine :) incl chrome bits -_^

i don't like the carbon aircon surround or gearboot though, looks abit cluttered.

ps, rare front bar you have there, should defs keep that and the wheels

Reaction score
I think the carbon surround breaks up the endless silver of the dash and center console quite well. You only have to look in the latest porsches etc to see they have the same opinion with carbon trims around their center console/radio/ac etc

I own a R32 skyline as well and was shocked to find the s15 comes with the same plastic handbrake as the s13! You cant seriously be happy with how cheap that looks and feels?

Most people comment how intergtated those parts are and you hardly notice either of them it seems so factory with the nice red stitching of the boot matching the factory steering wheel.

What other options do you have, thr pop up sat nav?

Reaction score
Ali: the carbon surround did need a little trimming to fit correctly. For the good price of $150AUD i didnt mind having to do this :)

E

ej2s15ct9a

take a brighter picture for me :) i guess the picture taken was just a little dull, yes i have the factory sat/nav :)

i don't have the nice pedals and red stitching steering wheel though, i got stuck with a stupid plain black one >_<

sorry my post was a little bit on the asshole side, It was a late night one :p

ryd11r

Reaction score
Country
:) i miss this car... was wondering what happened to it.. Was my mate Lionel's old car right?

Looking good... glad to see it's looked after... I used to have thoe rims on my first 15 :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
You could not be more right mate, part of the reason i started this thread was for Lionel. Im really glad he sold it to me i have a deep if not perverted love for cars and its a pleasure to take care of.

Ive actually just finished washing it as ive been playing with the new MCA suspension a fair bit and doing a few hundred kms road teasting. Tonight im starting to clay the car using a meguires kit to perfect the paint just that bit more lol.

Thanks for the pics they look good, do you have a build thread on here?

Will take better pics soon of interior, pedals are cheap i can help with part numbers if needed :)

ryd11r

Reaction score
Country
You could not be more right mate, part of the reason i started this thread was for Lionel. Im really glad he sold it to me i have a deep if not perverted love for cars and its a pleasure to take care of.

Ive actually just finished washing it as ive been playing with the new MCA suspension a fair bit and doing a few hundred kms road teasting. Tonight im starting to clay the car using a meguires kit to perfect the paint just that bit more lol.

Will take better pics soon of interior, pedals are cheap i can help with part numbers if needed :)
Well done... he will be proud.. i know he misses this car heaps.. yeah i have just re-created a build thread for my new S15

K

KazkaseRo

Thanks Mick, I couldn't have sold it to a more rightful owner.... it's great to see you still show the same passion in owning her =)

Great job so far man, love ur work and props to you for taking the right path in detailing her properly with a claybar...

BTW you'll find a couple more pics of her back in the day here - http://www.ocdonline.com.au

Anytime you make a trip down to Sydney, be sure to drop by.. I'll happily give it a free detail and catch up with you Mick. =D

Keep up the good work bro, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread...

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words Lionel, really good to see you popping into this thread. I know if i ever sold my r32 i would love to keep track of its progress.

Well i hope its progress the car was certainly unique in its styling with some influence from the honda scene i think. In a way i think its been good to change a little to my liking, no one is driving your old car the exact way you had it and likewise i am bot totally driving someone elses car now :)

Reaction score
This week saw one of brisbanes best PDR, paintless dint repair, guys come and go over the s15. The doors had about 3 little dints each, mosy people would probably not notice but they would annoy me everytime i looked at the car.

I have developed a pretty keen eye for paint and panel work since doing a full restoration on my r32 a numbrr of years ago now. It almost annoys me at times haha, ignorance can be bliss :) anyway this PDR work is about $150 a panel, if anyone in brisbane area needs some work done let me know and ill hook you up!

Also had these made up for a reasonable price of $308 i think.

Reaction score
Also the ces dump pipe i picked up second hand is back at ces having a crack around the turbo flange repaired. This is what i get for buying second hand i guess, i really try not too but a good bargain can be found now and then. Ces are updating the mounting brackets on the pipe to their latest design whih they claim will eliminate it cracking again.

Next order will be a z32 afm and a hks evc s, i have profec b II in the r32 and am up for something different, more stealth and i think a bit classier looking than the profec b II. Then ill send the spare ecu i picked up off to be modded dor nistune!

Reaction score
Actually the next order turned out to be a nissan oem black cluster surround with chrome rims around the guages. These are pretty rare and i got it for half what the fella selling it paid, what a champ :)

Reaction score
Not a bad morning for a photo. Sorry they are all iphone ive lost the digi cam charger :s