What's new

Lloydy's Nismo prepared S15

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys, as i have now picked up the Spec R and taken some decent photos of it, i think i'll start a thread...

Spec includes:

Nismo bodykit
Nismo full exhaust 3''
Nismo S-Tune air filter
Nismo strut brace
Nismo coilovers with adjustable damper, camber, ride height
Nismo shortshift
Nismo dials
Blitz turbo timer
HKS SSQV
Uprated LSD
16'' Rays forged monoblocks, aswell as 18'' R34 GTR's

I think that's all for the moment :lol:

Not a bad spec to start off with, peak boost at present is 0.96bar and pulls hard and very smooth. The diff and coilovers are incredible and grip is immense and i'm happy with the way it looks. I will be getting a better stance in the next week or so.

So, the list of bits i want:

FMIC
Decent CD player
Maybe a rear spoiler, and wheel colour change and that's it for now.

Opinion's welcome...

Also, does anyone know if Nissan or Nismo sold a few with this spec?

Cheers!

Martin

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very sweet car chap, the wheels do need a colour change mind.. some impressive parts from the off, a great start to feeding the bug of the tuning world. Good luck with it chap..

Reaction score
Country
yes your car has the nismo bodykit on it,,there is a fully nismo prepared s15,and i think it comes eith full nismo body kit but also with more power from factory also,,,,not sure how many were made,,,,

Reaction score
I know the history of mine in Japan and it was a standard Spec R. The bloke I bought it from fitted the kit when he lived in Japan, then shipped it over when he moved to the UK. I am not aware of a Nismo S15 from the factory, but it would be nice to find out about it if there is one.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Nice car!
I am pretty sure they did a nismo r tune from factory.or more likely they were fitted as optional extras after.
A lot of the work on my car was done at nismo's omori factory in japan before it came here,had a nismo ecu,front and rear strut bar,arb's,diff,filter,clutch and more all fitted at their factory so more than likely if it didn't leave nissan like that,then it would have still been fitted at the nismo factory.
Anyways nice car mate welcome to the club

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Thanks very much for the information chaps!

It is now boosting to just under 1bar, which my S13 pal can't understand. Also while changing the wheels today, i noticed thick silver anti roll bars and red brake pads. It also has 2 strut braces in the boot which i'm not sure if they are standard or not and the diff wants to lock all the time. Definately not welded lol. I really need to put it on a rolling road and get it up on the ramps to see what's going on.

How would i check to see if i have a nismo ecu?

Cheers!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Sounds very similar to mine mate,silver arbs are nismo,red pads are nismo r tune more than likely,strut bars in the boot? If you mean the 2 diagonal bars under the boot carpet they are standard. That's the same boost mine runs on the nisMo ecu mate,in the passenger footwell there is a plastic cover on the left hand side by the door if you just pull it off(is on a couple of clips) the ecu is behind there if it is nismo will say somewhere on it. Mine says nismo sports resetting on the front,

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Just checked ecu, it reads QT 23710 91F01, A18-L68 GF7 9614.

I take it that is a standard ECU, there are no Nismo stickers on the front anyway.

Reaction score
Country
Back on the nismo wheels and lowered on the coilies. To that end, the R34 GTR wheels are available at a price / trade / swap.
PM with offers :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
look for it i would say,pasenger side footwell. remove the plastic covering that cliped in under door sill cover, it would prob say nismo on it if it was

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Country
Lol, hopefully it'll stay this clean. I won't be entering into any drift events etc, but i'll be having fun up on Brawdy. It's going to be a fast-road, track RWYB toy i think :)

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys, been pretty quiet on here since buying the car but i've been busy :)

First up i removed the sports cat in favour of a Decat. The increase in torque and response was remarkable.

Then in a crazy weekend i fitted the Walbro fuel pump, NGK 7's and a Blitz SBC. As you're probably aware, a boost controller changed the car completely. Well chuffed!

In June i fitted an orientworks magic ECU which is quite frankly bonkers, and will certainly do for the time being. I also fitted the third pair of rear tyres in as many months. That's what you get for having an airfield to mess about on haha :p

Then last weekend i fitted the Four branch mani and elbow. Pig of a job but the gains are noticable and the car now sounds incredible. I was debating an engine swap as i wasn't satisfied with the engine note, but it's ok now :D Rrrraspy!

Next mods;

Remove middle silencer,
Paint rocker cover,
Maybe fit FMIC that i still have,
then Z32 AFM and 740's just before a proper map.

Pics:

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
and just to ask the obvious question... how do you have a photo of ken block standing next to your car? mate of yours?:D

Reaction score
Country
Ahh, Ken tipped up on our airfield for some last minute testing in his hybrid Fiesta. I just heard something quick up there so i went up for a nose, and there he was!

We had a little chat, i watched him go round, had the photo and then put on my own little show as i left. I asked if he wanted to drive the S15 but he declined. Must be something to do with the Ford contract or sponsorships as the 15 was far superior to that little fiesta lol