What's new

Peglio's vertex edge edition

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
just realised i never started one of these.
Had the car for about a year now,when i bought the car i had quite a few problem ,some that are still being set right now,but i bought the car with the intention of it being a project so its all good.

first thing got the car home to realise it was misfiring badly had to go back to southampton,but they picked it up on a flat bed and sorted the problem for me free of charge ,as they should.
took it to jez at horsham after that for an allignment check to find out it was running 7.5 degree neg camber on the rear and 4 on the front:wack: and both the front lower arms and steering arms were bent.
so we ordered new ones from nissan japan waited about 2 months for them to then turn around and say they no longer produce the steering arms and the lower arms would be another month or so! so jez got onto a couple of other places and ended up having to get tein steering arms from the states(another 4 weeks) eventually they came ,in the mean time i got a full set of adjustable allignment arms(apex) and a forge recirc to have fitted when it was there.
about 6 months had passed in this time so i got it serviced while it was there and had colder plugs fitted too.

It drove much better with this lot fitted but then i found out it had a 2 way(going round a roundabout in the wet:wack:) so i got onto garage d and they said they had a helical and did a straight swap for my diff plus knocked of an hour labour too, took it to have that fitted (supposed to take 6 hours) they ended up keeping the car for 3 days! turned out the diff and shafts were from a skyline so not the straight forward job they thought it would be,then when they took it out to "test drive" the car the front drivers shock fell off:annoyed: they sorted it all out for me though and the car drove alot better but i thought the gears were too long , so had polo check it over and it turned out to be a 3:9 ratio so i have now bought a skyline 37:9 (4:11 ratio) diff with shafts.
sorry for the essay lol had loads of stuff happened with this car these are just the worst bits ,!! Good thing is it helped keeping the mileage down! should have started this ages ago and spaced it out a little bit... have loads of litle bits for it spec is ....

nissan silvia 2001 spec r. 60,000 km
Factory hid's ,heated front screen and rear tints

C-west front bumper
drift kit uras
Aero spoiler
50/50 rear lights
despoilered
18 " work emotion xd9 9 et20 front 10 et38 rear
nismo anti roll bars
nismo front and rear strut braces
nismo front power brace
nismo sports resetting ecu
Subframe locking collars
tein steering arms
apex full allignment kit
rsr i sport coilovers
Tie rod brace
Energy Arbs droplinks
Superpro steering bushes
tomei expreme turbo elbow
h-dev manifold
Nismo weldina down pipe
nismo sports cat
kakimoto racing full mega n1 exhaust system
hks turbo timer
techtom cmx 100
defi bf link blue boost,oil temp and control unit 2
Greddy Profec B Spec 2 EBC
forge re circ
Password jdm tie bar
DB power engine damper
ngk iridium plugs
i/c cooling spray
oil cooler
apex 56mm radiator
Nismo radiator cap
nismo s tune replacement filter
skyline 4:1 diff and shafts
clear nismo side repeaters
D2 black edition 356mm bbk

have lots of pics to add will get some up soon

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers mate!!! Almost fixed now,still a couple of things to do like I need seats for it and need to get my new diff fitted and the brembos too then should be all sweet !!!!
My interior is in my living room atm as I am spraying parts of it coz it was in bad condition but its work in progress hopefully will be mostly sorted for the summer so I can go to a few shows.
its given me a chance to buy a few bits for it with it being off the road for a while, car drives sweet now just needs more power !!! Lol

Reaction score
Country
Heh best way mate. More power!
Well at least it's getting there, there's no point rushing it.
I'm looking forward seeing the end product. Hope I be at some shows this summer aswel.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers mate! Yeah my idea was to sort the chassis base out first then up the power, no point rushing I plan on keeping the car for a while yet.
Hope to get my fmic ,boost controller and race rad in the next month or 2(depending on selling my other car) then should be ready for 2a tune should be good for going on 300 bhp then,that should keep me happy for a while.............
Be good to get a few people to the shoiws this year!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Not to mine either tbh but having to spend a couple of grand sorting bits and pieces out on the car they dropped down the list of priorities for now, will be getting some new rims soon,hopefully in the next couple of months,watch this space........

Reaction score
Country
Mate I would have been soo angry if all those problems happened to me after buying a car!

At least I know its not just me who has bad luck though :D havent had any with the S15 yet but on my previous cars something was always not right or broke lol.

Love your car though its gonna be well nice when you finished getting it sorted :nod:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
glad things are on the right track now after the teething problems....as said you shouldn't expect problems like that but at least they're sorted ;) getting there

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I know what you mean mate, but I wanted a project and that's what I got lol the car only had 40k miles on when I bought it and I managed to get 600 knocked off for bits I noticed needed doing so worked out only a little more than buying a proper minter at the time,just annoying not really driving it for the first 6 months !
Cheers for the comments I will keep the thread updated regularly now I started one!hopefully my other car sells quick then will have plenty of update coming!

Reaction score
Country
Looking good mate.. That's been some bad luck though, hopefully it will behave it's self from now on..

I'm also doing the EVO 8 Brembo thing for the fronts, got to get the last few bits from Dan@ DB Power and then get them on, should be awesome compaired to the current set up (which are shocking on my car), managed to get a mate to repaint and lacquer them as well (result).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
dan is a top bloke mate,and he even painted the brackets too so saves u the job,he is only down the road from me so thats lucky for me.
one thing i will say,bar the wrong spark plugs when i bought her,she has never failed me on the money every time i turn the key!
now the handling is all sorted hopefully i can get on with more fun stuff!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
another little thing i did when i had my headlights out to clean them was change the indicator bulbs to silver bulbs looks so much better imo
before

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
my new/old diff lol got this off a skyline ,37:9 is a 4:11 ratio so should be nice and short! gonna give it a good going over before i fit it,drill with wire mop then sand it zinc prime it and some comma satin black me thinks... be good as new!

Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Nice work mate. I have one of those Tomei elbows waiting to go on too. The quality is exceptional.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Definately is mate, polo said it was one of the best quality elbow he had seen when I got him to fit it!

Just wish I had done the o2 sensor at the same time, needs doing now and is in a proper awkward position looks like it will be a right pita!!!!

Last edited: