What's new

Peglio's vertex edge edition

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Final final engine part !
Mazworx timing chain oil squirter .
These are threaded so don’t pop out like the standard ones can at high pressures.
Hopefully be seeing engine updates in the next couple of weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Whoop whoop! Bet you can't wait!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
Yeah buddy dying to get it moving forward !
Should have pics of my metal work this week hopefully and booked in end of the month to get gearbox mount and prop made for the box conversion.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Been a while but finally have some updates on the front end .
Tubs are basically finished so it’s just the tube part left to do now .
I think it looks pretty sweet . Just hoping there’s enough clearance for my turbo

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Almost there now , just need the frame tig welded and I will be getting the car back

lewis

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lewis_concannon
Thats some nice work! are you going to fit a cover infant of the radiator to the bumper? or make one possibly? Either way still shaping up to be an immense car!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Thats some nice work! are you going to fit a cover infant of the radiator to the bumper? or make one possibly? Either way still shaping up to be an immense car!
Cheers buddy .
The idea is to make a full slam panel that will have laser cut out logos for my business and for absolute customs , who did the metal work.

Like this

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
She is finally home ! Now to put my touch to it hopefully the engine wont be far behind

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers dude really like how it’s going to look .
Few more pics with the bumper off

The new engine parts have been balanced and the head is built so that side shouldn’t be far off now either .
Plan is to do the rust repairs and start work on the overfenders and rear tubs , then get the engine and box sitting in so I can see what other metal work needs doing before getting the car ready for paint got some cool ideas so hopefully it all comes together

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
So now there are 3 of us I have changed my working hours to Monday-Friday so that I can spend Saturday on my own car .

This begun yesterday and as such we got a fair whack done on the car !
One of my lads came and helped me for the day , we cut out both rear arches for max clearance ( set with the car on bump stops ) decided to make the vertex rear fenders 10-15mm wider too so they will be 60-65mm now rather than 50 so that I can run less camber and or bigger rear tyres than the 275 I’m currently on ( need as much clearance as possible running 19x11 in the rear ) then welded up the new rear tub on the driver side .
I spent the day cleaning up all the metal in the front inner arches and engine bay getting ready to epoxy the metal so we can start filler work
There was some rust around the front radiator support so I removed this , treat all the rust and then seam welded it back on . While it was off we also removed the lip on the top of it and welded that flush so as to give more clearance for the intercooler.
Hopefully shouldn’t take more than a couple of months to get ready for paint if we crack on like this .
How it sits maxed out without the extra 10mm

And how we are planning to run , plenty more clearance , when it’s bonded will remove the inner lip

We boxed in the inner rear brace and then tied it back into the new tub to keep the strength and rigidity in the shell

Front end tidied up pretty nice

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Spent the day on mine again today
Managed to get the front bumper and front wings ready for primer . Stripped the doors back to bare metal to make sure there was nothing hiding underneath the old paint . 2 little dents and that’s about it so be getting those into epoxy .
Danny finished my driver side rear tub and made a start on panelling up the fuel filler holes .
Coming together nicely ! Engine should be back soon , then I can modify the bay get that in epoxy and send the car off to have the custom loom made

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
Amazing the amount of hard work that you continuously put into this build. The amount of paint dust is incredible :dizzy:

I am assuming that for every task that you do, you find another 10 things that you want to do... I've found myself in that position more times than I can remember.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Amazing the amount of hard work that you continuously put into this build. The amount of paint dust is incredible :dizzy:

I am assuming that for every task that you do, you find another 10 things that you want to do... I've found myself in that position more times than I can remember.
Thank you mate
Yeah the paint on the doors was old school and really soft so I had to strip it off with a rotary and no dust extraction ! It was horrible worth it though to know the panels are in very good condition underneath .
I’m pretty set in what I want to do to the car now and hopefully haven’t got many additional things to come it’s already quite a comprehensive list anyway and gone way further than I ever intended to !
You have to draw the line somewhere as well otherwise it will never see the road again ha ha ha

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
Wow that must have been a nightmare, hope you were wearing a mask ;)
That's good that you've drawn a line.. I always think I have but then it keeps moving suddenly haha

Hoping to have it ready for any events this year?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah 100% wearing a mask ha ha doing it every day you really have to look after yourself !
It’s not nice stuff to breath in
Ha ha yeah my line has moved a few times over the years but I have a definitive line drawn now , also I have most of the parts to finish to that stage now too so going to try and stick to it . The only thing I am now considering is new coil overs as everything else is shiny new , but we shall see . The set up I had ran really well so not sure if i will yet .

The plan is to get it built this year with a view to mapping etc over a winter and having it ready for shows next year .
Still a lot of work to be done .
It’s having a full custom loom made , custom relay and fuse boxes in the boot wheel well that’s going to be away for a couple of months I should imagine .
Then I still need to complete the fuel system , make up false floor and rear bulkhead panels along with painting the whole thing .
I believe Greg’s going to want the car for a few weeks to wire in the syvecs, dbw etc and map it ! Fingers crossed will be at halfway 2020 . That’s what’s in aiming for atm

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
Coilovers would probably make quite a considerable difference to the way it feels on the road, but I guess it's not a necessity, especially if you were happy with how it drove before. Can always do it anytime anyway but if you are considering coilovers, I would suggest KWv3 if it's something you'd be interested in.

Sounds like a big wiring job! I always shy away from chopping up looms as it gets quite complicated quickly when you want to relocate things. Is this something that you're going to have a go at yourself or someone else is doing this for you?

I'd imagine that if Greg is going to do the last bits for you then the car will be really interesting to drive, I've always seen a lot of extremly positive results from his work. Another great person to consider is Romain Levesque, he works for Syvecs and tours around the world mapping vehicles for various race series etc.

Based on the fact that you are now dedicating your Saturdays to the build I think mid 2020 is easily reachable for you, but it's good to give yourself a steady pace for sure.

Have you decided what you're planning to use the car for once it's done or is it mainly going to be promotional for your workshop?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Coilovers would probably make quite a considerable difference to the way it feels on the road, but I guess it's not a necessity, especially if you were happy with how it drove before. Can always do it anytime anyway but if you are considering coilovers, I would suggest KWv3 if it's something you'd be interested in.

Sounds like a big wiring job! I always shy away from chopping up looms as it gets quite complicated quickly when you want to relocate things. Is this something that you're going to have a go at yourself or someone else is doing this for you?

I'd imagine that if Greg is going to do the last bits for you then the car will be really interesting to drive, I've always seen a lot of extremly positive results from his work. Another great person to consider is Romain Levesque, he works for Syvecs and tours around the world mapping vehicles for various race series etc.

Based on the fact that you are now dedicating your Saturdays to the build I think mid 2020 is easily reachable for you, but it's good to give yourself a steady pace for sure.

Have you decided what you're planning to use the car for once it's done or is it mainly going to be promotional for your workshop?
Sorry I meant to replace my current coilovers , im running rsr isports atm
I had kw v2 on a previous car and they were amazing but you can go that low on the v3 due to the longer body being a 14 set up ( from what I have been told ) so was considering some fortune autos but will decide that towards the end I think.

I was going to do it myself but luckily a friend that’s an auto electrician has offered to do it all for me , in exchange I have done him a deal on painting a classic mini ! Should work out quite nicely

Romain is good but I find he’s much better suited to hondas , I know his wife Kirsty from my Honda days funnily enough so it was a consideration at one point , but Greg’s basically guaranteed the build if he builds the engine and maps it so I would be silly to go anywhere else atm

The original plan was to do a year of shows in the car then make some aero for it , change the colour and track it to make the most out of the engine we shall see , I have a hell of a lot of money tied up in it now so I may not be able to bring myself to track it

Yeah I would rather take my time on it and do everything right rather than cut corners to rush it back on the road , should be pretty special when all’s said and done

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Making good progress with Saturdays on the car .
Danny finished the driver tub and rebuilding where the boomerang mounts to and almost finished the passenger side tub as well . Needs the boomerang on the pass side finishing and then outer sills both sides and that’s pretty much all the fab work sorted .
I spent the day finishing cleaning up the bay and inner arches and dressing some other bits and pieces so it’s ready for epoxy now .
I then managed to get the front bumper , sideskirts , front wings and spoiler trimmed for more clearance and repaired / into filler primer . I reckon in a couple more months of Saturdays we should be pretty much there body wise .
Final piece of the engine is being collected from balancing on Tuesday as well so they will be stripping the engine down , hot washing everything ready for final assembly ! Finally all coming together .