What's new

Peglio's vertex edge edition

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
the fuel lab stuff i very nice stuff good choice man ! almost got a fuel lab one before i bough the sard... getting there mate :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah is real nice, got it cheap through amazon of all places ! Greg at Protuner suggested I go for this one , seeing as he will be mapping it took his advice :D gonna order my tial mvr next then I just need turbo and syvecs and I'm good to go .. Almost there

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ok so the build is going up a level , have decided to forge it now 😁 and paint the bay while the engine is out as have some rust issues
So going for
Cp pistons 86.5 8:5:1 stock cr
Eagle forged rods
Arp or cosworth studs
1.1mm cosworth or tomei hg
Acl or cosworth bearings
Supertech standard size valves (lighter than oem )
Supertech dual valve springs and retainers
Orbit oil pump
New oem vvt
To go with the tomei 256 poncams I have and tomei ras .
Should be a pretty solid engine and more than capable of handling the power I will be running .
Will be ordering this lot in the next couple of weeks so expect some updates soon

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
peglio's ongoing s15 project...

Ha ha not loaded atm but have a new job I start this week that should help a lot with build costs ;)
Hoping to run the 350 box yeah . Either that or get the "box fix" done and hope it can handle it.
Only looking for 4-450 anyway mate so nothing mental really just building it on the safe side covering all bases

Last edited:

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
hay up bud ! spec is looking good ! will be interesting to see this coming along :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hey how's it going matey? Any further on your build?
Think it should be a good spec, was looking into .5 oversized valves but my mechanic said to stick with standard size unless going high power. The supertech valves are lighter anyway so should still help a bit.
Should be coming together the next 2-3 months hopefully then have to wait for mapping

sammos13

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
not duno much on mine for a while now.. due to work commitments not been with the car for 4 weeks although turbo and stuff are bought now..

thats fair enough about the pistons bud i mainly want for oversized to make bores where round and straight etc.. will be keeping an eye on this for updates :) do you have an weight comparison between the valves?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13

Yeah I have gone for 86.5 so is slight oversize to standard for the same reason bud.
Don't have any concrete evidence on the weight trying to get that from manufacturer but just going on the fact they are made from a lighter material (forged stainless steel) they should be lighter and also the coating they put on them makes them more durable and up to 1/3 smoother than chrome plated apparently so should give better flow rates regardless . Will post up any more info I find as am still looking into the options

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Ok so the build is going up a level , have decided to forge it now  and paint the bay while the engine is out as have some rust issues
So going for
Cp pistons 86.5 8:5:1 stock cr
Eagle forged rods
Arp or cosworth studs
1.1mm cosworth or tomei hg
Acl or cosworth bearings
Supertech standard size valves (lighter than oem )
Supertech dual valve springs and retainers
Orbit oil pump
New oem vvt
To go with the tomei 256 poncams I have and tomei ras .
Should be a pretty solid engine and more than capable of handling the power I will be running .
Will be ordering this lot in the next couple of weeks so expect some updates soon
Haven't been on the site for weeks (moving house and still haven't got internet), so only just seen this, game on.!!!.....

I have some titanium retainers and valve stem seals kicking around if you're interested.... double ordered, lol....

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I have been having net issues myself for the last month or so!
Glad you have gotten a new place sorted buddy!!!
Does this mean you will start getting some bits fitted once you are all settled in??
Yeah I will probably take them off you unless I end up getting retainers etc as part of a kit .
Which do you have? Bc?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13

Adding a z33 box to the list now too as looks a much more solid box )

Sold some of my spare wheels now too so will be ordering a lot of bits next week :D just waiting to hear back on a package deal for pistons, rods, valves, seals, retainers and studs
Big chunk of my list dealt with then ;)
Also fitted a bmc stopper at long last, wasn't expecting such a massive improvement under heavy braking( don't really notice till you really press on the brakes ) well worthwhile adding one to your car.
Plan now is to take the car off the road when the tax runs out next month and hit it hard, shave tuck and paint the bay, relocate the battery and fuse box to the boot and get the engine built. In the meantime if I can sell my daily will get my box etc sorted as well . Plenty to do so hopefully have some major updates in the next couple of months

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13

Yeah me too, hopefully be a good upgrade! From looking at it I can see why people use it.
There is plenty of info about on the swap now and a few people in the states have been running the box for 2-3 years on 500hp+ drift cars with no issues at all so should be more than capable for my car.
Ratios seem good too, only thing I'm still a bit worried about is the weight as it's a bloody heavy box but hopefully with a good set up shouldn't affect the handling too much

Reaction score
Country
I have been having net issues myself for the last month or so!
Glad you have gotten a new place sorted buddy!!!
Does this mean you will start getting some bits fitted once you are all settled in??
Yeah I will probably take them off you unless I end up getting retainers etc as part of a kit .
Which do you have? Bc?
Internet just turned on :) phew, only been without broadband for six weeks, d'oh
And yes is does mean i'll be fitting parts soon, in fact I have a new lot of parts that should arrive at my office tomorrow which will be the fist on.
I'll PM you tomorrow as I need to have a chat about the Syvecs.. Yep their BC retainers and Nissan valve stem seals, actually you can just have them, not worth selling tbh.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Mate I know the feeling still have no home broadband! Been about 5 weeks for myself, meant to be fixed Tuesday fingers crossed!!
Means I am caning my phone ha ha
Sweet as buddy sounds good , looking forward to seeing some updates :D and thanks, look forward to having a chat !

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13

Ok so I went to see Darren today and once again he is massively helping out my build !!!!!

Turbo, engine parts and z33 box and I am done, hopefully next couple of months I will be enjoying this set up!
Getting my engine bay sand blasted while the engine is out so I can smooth and tuck the bay before I paint it, bare metal is best .
Getting excited now

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13

Not an update as such, more sorting some issues. New kit won't e sorted for a few months yet so have decided to tidy up this kit for now ready for japfest and paint it again. Also had a boost leak, the nipple ( I said nipple ha ha ) on the back of the cold pipe that went to my ebc had cracked so will be getting that ally welded temporarily and purchasing a new fmic to fit when I do the engine

car looks nice with no kit 'makes the wheels look large ha ha

Spare kit is on for now

Last edited: