What's new

Peglio's vertex edge edition

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah I think the 6 speed gear set is discontinued and the 5 speed set is about 1800+ shipping etc wasn't looking to spend that sort of money tbh have to see what happens closer to the time I guess

Reaction score
Country
That's a shame, I thought the Z33 6 speed box was still available

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I was talking about the giken 15 gear set mate, the z33 will probably still be available I will have a look

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Ok, giken do a Z33 6 speed gear set which is what I'm interested in if an adaptor kit is available for the Z33

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Well I have emailed mazworx about the kit I see what they say, it looks on their fb page like they finished the kit but I can't seem to find any info on it since the end of 2011

The giken set is 4750 dollars before shipping etc probably a bit out of my price range ha ha

Last edited:

Larsz

Reaction score
Country
Mazworx is working on a custom bellhouse, so you dont need machining at all. But since the day it came out they are working on it, you see an occasional update. But nothing solid yet. Price is estimated around $1500 US. I am doing the Z33 gearbox swap, but Im still waiting on parts. Once that is done a full write up will be posted on the forum. Rough estimate on the Z33 gearbox swap:

Adapterplate - Anywhere between 240 - 420 US $
Shortend shifterbracket - DIY or between 220 and 450 US $
240sx auto to manual clutchline - around 40 US $
And in most cases a custom transmission X member - anywhere between 250 - 400
And ofcourse the gearbox itself. You will want a box with the CD009 code on it. Thats a revision Nissan did on the boxes, and they have stronger synchro's. Price varies a great deal, €500 - 1000
Last but not least, custom driveshaft and S13/S14 style clutch and flywheel. Since the S15 flywheel wont fit, not enough space.

All these prices vary between different suppliers. Some sell custom shifters with their plates, but that is all up to you :) Hope this might help.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Don't suk at all mate! Thanks for the info? Much appreciated
This is what they have to say

Chris,
We still have the prototype bellhousing. We are looking for a car
to try it on. We know it will fit, but want to drive it to make sure
everything is ok. The cost will be a little more than out standard adapter
plate type setups.

Mark Mazurowski
President

Mazworx Manufacturing Inc
Mazworx Performance & Racing Inc
4880A Distribution Ct Ste 1
Orlando, FL 32822

www.mazworx.com
407-281-1223
407-281-1905 fax

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 11:34 AM
To: sales@mazworx.com
Subject: Z33 box

Hi there,
Just wondered if you guys were going ahead with the z33-s15 gearbox adaptor
kit ?
And if so what sort of costs were involved in the kit as I'm looking for a
strong alternative to the standard box but still with 6 speed.
Thanks
Chris

Sent from peglio's iPhone

Larsz

Reaction score
Country
Yea, I got the same email from them around 2 months ago.. But you will still need a custom driveshaft and stuff when you order it. Same as their other kits. Its easier tho, cause all the work to the box already has been done. But you also still need the clutch setup, but if you're lucky it allows you to use the S15 clutch and flywheel.

But if you have any questions, PM me, as im doing it the DIY way :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Good man! Thanks very much for the info may well take you up on that when I get around to sorting the box!
Thanks very much mate

Larsz

Reaction score
Country
Sorting the box can be very difficult. I got mine out of Germany, but it wasnt cheap. I wouldnt say the normal Z33 box is easy to find, but the CD009 version is rare. The normal box is fine to, but if you want safety before anything else, the CD009 is better. I did a quick search but wasnt able to find any in Holland or Germany. Good luck mate :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
All in all will probably be easier to have the circlip issue fixed and strengthened in my box then.
Will see closer to the time as still have a way to go till I have turbo etc
Thanks for all the info mate been most helpful.

Reaction score
Country
Lovely collection of parts, very interested to see how the 1.5way works out, i'm planning a 1.5way for later in the year.

Just gotta get all the parts fitted now :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers buddy, car should be back with me tomorrow. He has had to swap the internals of the diff into r33 casing because of the speed sensor , which is a shame a this casing was in awesome condition!
will let you know how it works should be pretty awesome though! He suggested I went for this as its pretty much silent running being an oem diff but should still handle way more power than I can afford ha ha ha also had the abs removed as my pedal feel was crap ever since I had the car so hopefully that will improve the feel of it a bit too

Excited to see your parts make their way onto the car too mate! Gonna be awesome!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
The silent running thing is important if it's not an out and out racer, don't want it clunking all over the place :)

What did you need to do for the ABS removal, did you get the kit from DB Power or something else?

Looks like we both have a lot to do over the summer.... Gonna be good though...

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah defo a good idea for a road car as I had a 2 way originally and it got old pretty quick ha ha
Didn't bother with one of his kits no, polo said he would just remove the abs unit and weld in pipe to join it all together so should look pretty oem will get some pics up when I pick the car up mate!
Yeah we both have plenty to do! Gonna be pretty immense when they are both finished though mate :D
Next on my list is save for my turbo and sort an fpr.
Tempted to get my other kit on too, I went off the idea but my kit is looking a bit tatty now so may swap them over and then freshen up this kit ...

Reaction score
Country
Good to know, will have a chat with Polo about mine as well as some other stuff once i'm back.

What's the other kit you have?