What's new

Peglio's vertex edge edition

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Thanks very much mate! Fingers crossed!!!!!
Got the mani and lines all fitted back in today,and did the passenger side engine mount while I was at it.
Not one to put things back rusty/dirty I sanded all the nuts down and the heat shield for the mount and sprayed them with zinc galvanising spray to make them look nice and silver again!!!!gonna have alook at the driver side mount tomorrow and the box mount,then just got to hook up the ic pipework,refill the water system and hope for the best lol
While I was under the car managed to move my exhaust a bit aswell as it had been damaging my bumper,which I didn't mind coz I knew it was coming off anyway,but that will not be acceptable when the vertex rear goes on!
IMG-20120406-00184.jpgIMG-20120406-00186.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Thanks mate! Just lucky I have another car and could take my time with it,got quoted £150-200 to fit it so thought I would have a go myself! Just hope it sorts my running issues,think it will the crack in the old mani was quite bad,can't have been helping!!! Still loads to do for japfest,hope I have time!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Updates coming thick and fast lol
Didn't intend to do as much as I did today but I am glad I did completely changed the way she drives!
Fitted my tie bar brace,arb drop link's(zinc coated threads) and while I was at it gave the bar a little refresh too,then fitted my box mount only thing I couldn't do was the driver side engine mount,gonna have to get someone to do that for me as I couldn't for the life of me get the sandwich plate off,which in turn meant I couldn't get the the nuts on the mount. Also removed my skirts so I can trial fit the vertex skirts, after a little drive she feels sooo much tighter/harder the exhaust note has changed and I have to say the mounts make such a massive difference I would suggest anyone who hasn't done theirs should do them,they aren't hard to fit and make a world of difference. Only prob is I have a water leak around the turbo area,hopefully will be a nice easy fix,soon find out!!!IMG-20120407-00192.jpgIMG-20120407-00195.jpgIMG-20120407-00200.jpgIMG-20120407-00204.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Trail fitted one of the skirts today as it was too wet to get involved in anything else,and now I am thinking of carrying my black/grey them through the kit as well(know not everyone will like this but good to be different) kinda like the lambo sv styl with black skirts and vents on bumper.
IMG-20120408-00215.jpgIMG-20120408-00216.jpgIMG-20120408-00217.jpgimageshhs.jpg

Reaction score
I like those. They don't suit the rear bumper though, you not thought of getting a stock rear bumper?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I also have a vertex rear to go on mate :D just finding the time with everything else I am doing.hopefully next week will have pics of it all on there

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers mate, is slowly coming together!
You got me thinking now though oem rear with spats would suit it quite nicely...

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Always the way!!! Could have done the spats black would have looked awesome!
I'm not complaining though,I am more than happy with the vertex tbh will be fine for now....

Reaction score
Country
Liking the skirts mate!

You said they were from carbonkit didnt you? Are they plastic or fibreglass?

Cant wait to see it all come together :nod:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers mate! Yeah got them off carbonkits,they are grp and very solid/good quality! I got him to gel coat them for me too and also had the mounting points reinforced with carbon by him defo a good idea if u have ever had fibreglass before you know they are the first parts to crack!
Pics should be end of the week if all goes to plan!:D

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Quick update, got bored of rolling with no tunes so ordered some infinity 6530 cs components gonma hook them up over the weekend.
Also polo is going to come rethread my block end of the week beginning of next so hopefully car should be back together in time for Japfest if all goes to plan!!!
doub my kit will be on though as have too much other stuff to be gettin on with unfortunately but we shall see