What's new

Alex De Large's Phat Ride

Reaction score
Its alright, dont look anywhere near as good as yours! Got input shaft whine so gotta sort that then next year is de-rust and respray. Up to about 290-300 now too but gizzmo puts boost literally on or off so think i need to lower the gain. I'll start a project in the week, been meaning to for ages!

Reaction score
Yeah, you should start a project thread!

I haven't set up my boost controller yet, need to get the FMIC back on but i'm waiting until the bumper is sorted. Hopefully i'll get some enjoyment out of it before the winter weather comes.

Reaction score
Time for a long overdue update!

I managed to pick up a Tomei Expreme elbow off ebay late last year so I thought that i'd get a Japspeed Twin Downpipe and Decat and do them all at the same this. These made a big improvement to the car. So much more responsive! :)

Out with the old! Didn't take any photos of the new parts before I had them fitted unfortunately!

Not long after this I discovered that I had a coolant leak which turned out to be the turbo lines. I picked up some braided coolant and oil hoses and got them fitted straight away which was a bit of a nightmare job as I then acquired an oil leak from the oil hose having the wrong size copper washer on it :mad:

Fast forward to Christmas and I received a Nardi Deep Corn Steering Wheel (with red stitching) and Boss which i'd been hoping for. This looks so much nicer than the standard wheel which was starting to look a bit worse for wear!

Last week my clutch also went so I picked up an Exedy Organic Clutch off driftworks. I always thought that my car was imported with an aftermarket clutch but it turns out it was just the stock s15 clutch. It was a bouncy ride home once I had this fitted. Jumping around as soon as I pulled away from a junction, lol. I seem to have got used to it now and i've driven over 300 miles on it so it should be bedded in.

I think that's every that has happened in the past few months! Here's some photos that i've recently taken aswell.

Not many plans for the car this year. I'll be trying not to spend all my money on mods and just enjoy the car. :) I'm hopefully going to a drift day on Monday so I should have some photo's to stick in this thread.

Reaction score
Nice set of mods there mate and still looking sweet :cool:

How is the steering wheel positioned? I was tempted by Driftworks but wanted it to be snap-off and didn't know if it would be in my chest.
Got the same clutch waiting to be fitted to mine too :D
I take it your drifting Teesside Monday? I'll be there at some point this year all being well, will be there for BDC aswell :)

Reaction score
Cheers man.

The steering wheel is positioned fine. I thought it might stick out too far with the boss but it's not a problem. They're great steering wheels and they look the business. :thumbs: I've got the HKB Boss on it from Driftworks which also cancels out the airbag light. The first time I put it on I thought it was all straight so i used to locktite on the threads. Turns out it wasn't! Which was a major pain in the arse to get off.

Yeah, Teesside on Monday. This will be my second drift day. Did the first back in late Jan and it was way fun. :) Car performed well and no major drama's. Let me know when you're heading up as i'll probs be there watching if not drifting. :thumbs:

Reaction score
Well the drift day at Teesside yesterday was a blast! The car was spot on with no problems. :) My legs were sore by the end of the day off pressing them against the centre console and the door so i didn't get thrown around. ha.

Here area couple of photos that were taken by a local photographer.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

If you're doing a fair bit of drifting I'd recommend an oil cooler kit... best thing I ever did on my 15 and also got one as soon as I started my 14a project ;)

Reaction score
Looking good dude :cool: What are the next few days at Teesside?

Totally agree with the oil cooler, water temp never went up (used to go to 3/4 then pits for cool down) and oil temps went down whilst queueing up!

Reaction score
Country
Sweet looking car! Genuine nardi steering wheel.. WOW! That must have set ya back a few pounds! Bayside rocker cover is deadly too.. Loving the wheels!

Reaction score
Cheers guys. I'll look into the oil cooler but funds are a bit low at the minute. Would you reccomend getting an oil cooler before I upgrade my rad? :/

Not sure on the next Teesside drift day, Neil. No dates have been announced yet. I can let you know once I find out if you're interested in coming up.

Cheers s15Irl. Going for a colour change in the engine bay once I get a little bit of cash spare. :)