What's new

Jap Spec S15

Reaction score
Country
Thought I'd do an update as its been a while. Car is in being painted, was a bit of a delay with the start on mine because of another customers car taking priority because it was going down to World Time Attack, not a drama though. Its getting worked on now so should be finished by this time next week, fingers crossed!

Some photos I completely forgot to put up here:

Motor is out of the car:

Whole kit off:

Welding holes in boot up and removing dints:

Cut my front bar for a 'big mouth' look... I like it

And the reo bar so you can't see it with the big mouth:

Tomorrow, I will be at Japanese Parts & Performance with Dave stripping down the SR so we can send it to be machined and order all the parts to fix it on Monday... I am also picking up the wheels for the car tomorrow! Will update pictures again tomorrow. Full steam ahead from here :) can't wait to get the car back on the road!!!!

I plan on ordering this wing as well, will most likely put it on a spare boot lid though and it will be painted either satin black (to match my new wheels) or the same colour the car is being painted.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Massive day, I left my camera in the car so I'll put the photos up from pulling the motor apart tomorrow morning. Good news but, doesn't need much work, just a cracked oil ring land. I seemed to have gotten away with it very luckily... Ordering Pistons, Race bearings, new head bolts from Nissan, new water pump, timing chain, and some other stuff, can't really think of it right now lol.

Here is a picture of my new wheels. Yes they are Rota's, and I know its a downgrade from XD9's/TE37's, but I can't justify spending any more money on the car this year. Once its back on the road and running sweet, I'll look at getting some decent wheels again in the future, probably next year... These are just to get the ball rolling and they are *bloody* cheap, and don't look too bad!

Reaction score
Looks really good mate, i toy with the idea if using rotas too. Btw i quite like the re30 copy, what are the widths and offsets and planned tyre sizes?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Looks really good mate, i toy with the idea if using rotas too. Btw i quite like the re30 copy, what are the widths and offsets and planned tyre sizes?
Thanks mate, I just can't wait to get the car back on the road in its new colour with the new wheels on it! Its doing my head in not driving it :p

I bought 18x9+20 for the front and 18x10+20 for the rear. I will be running 215/40/18 on the front and 225/40/18 on the rear :)

Reaction score
Website
powizzle.tumblr.com
Good work buddy!

What a coincidence, my mate with a pewter S15 ordered the same wheels and same specs, they good on the car!

Have to say, I'm in the same boat as you with regards to spending more money on the car.. lately i've been spending money on skid tyres and maintenance =[

Would you happen to know any places that sell Half cages for our cars?

Reaction score
Country
Good work buddy!

What a coincidence, my mate with a pewter S15 ordered the same wheels and same specs, they good on the car!

Have to say, I'm in the same boat as you with regards to spending more money on the car.. lately i've been spending money on skid tyres and maintenance =[

Would you happen to know any places that sell Half cages for our cars?
Haha, good thing my car isn't going to be Pewter anymore! This time next week my car will look completely different to every S15 getting around! Which is a good relief! I hate having a car that looks the same as everyone elses.

I wish I could be skidding more, bloody rebuild! >.<

Sure do - I just noticed you are in Sydney. Hit up JustJap.com.au... They have them retail for $600.00 brand new but I can pull some strings and get it cheaper for you if you wish..

Reaction score
Country
Here are some pictures from stripping the motor. I'm very lucky the motor doesn't need machining, this way I don't need to go bigger pistons or anything :) ordering stock sized forged pistons today :D yay! Along with a few other goodies ;)

Who ever had this motor apart before me kind of forgot to bolt on the timing chain stopper... =\

Reaction score
Country
Good stuff mate!

Ive been thinking of chopping my front bumper up the same for a while now, just need the time and motivation to do it :nod:

Can we expect some crazy vibrant colour then? :cool:

Reaction score
Country
Good stuff mate!

Ive been thinking of chopping my front bumper up the same for a while now, just need the time and motivation to do it :nod:

Can we expect some crazy vibrant colour then? :cool:
Thanks man :)

I think its a brilliant idea. Looks fresh - not many people have done it! Plus it works as a bonus by letting more air flow into the Front Mount Intercooler :)

I wouldn't call the colour I am going a 'crazy vibrant colour'... Lets just say I'll be keeping it in the Nissan family ;) It will be finished painted on Sunday, so I'll be putting pictures up Sunday afternoon! But progress shots along the way.

Reaction score
Country
Should be picking up an ARC Sump tomorrow fingers crossed and hopefully sort out a clutch tomorrow. Other then that, its just playing the waiting game for stuff to arrive from America... Should be able to pick up my car on Sunday afternoon and take it home with its fresh coat of paint :D so excited.

Some pictures from today's efforts

Dint in front right guard fixed up - been there since the day I got it and it was pissing me off :p

Boot holes welded up :)

Both front bars cut the same

Reaction score
Country
Just bought my Power FC D-Jetro with map sensor, harnessess and temp sensor :)

Also, all parts from the states have been ordered. Metal head gasket, ACL race bearings, ARP head studs, JE pistons and Eagle Rods :)

Reaction score
Looking good mate, id ask what color but i know you wont say :) Good job keeping it in the family, hurry up sunday!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Looking good mate, id ask what color but i know you wont say :) Good job keeping it in the family, hurry up sunday!
I'm flipping out with excitement hey! I'm about to go to the paint shop and check out the car! :D I'll post some pictures tomorrow night of the door jambs and everything painted the colour the car is going ;) that will give away my secrete. BUT! I have a better secrete of what I will be doing to the wheels ;)

Reaction score
Mate looking forward to it love the creativity, i painted my track r32 bayside blue back in 2002 so i can appreciate tue excitement your going thru :)

Would never run such a stretched tyre myself but i do like te look of it when done right. I work as a mechanic, let me know if u ever need a hand with anything.

Reaction score
Country
Door Jambs were done tonight :) I am THE happiest **** on the plant, the second I saw the paint, I couldn't stop smiling! Cannot wait to get my car back on the road :D

Pardon the **** pictures, I'm going to go there tomorrow and take pictures with my DSLR... Its funny how different light and a crappy camera phone makes it different.

The paint is R33 GTR Series 1 Midnight Purple... Pictures don't do it justice, but you get the picture

Reaction score
Looks really good man, i always love fresh paint, the smell, the feel. Having done a bare metal respray on my 32 i can say u will now worry about leaving it anywhere, anyone that leans on it or look at it u will think should be shot! :)

Are u going to cut the "peel" out at the end, that is the orange peel effect the paint has naturally when it comes off the gun and dries.

Reaction score
Country
MNP, that paint is amazing. Saw my first MNP Skybarge a couple months back, couldn't stop looking at it!!

Epic build mate, looking forward to seeing the finished paintjob :D

K

Kojo

damn man build is coming along great!! loving the new paint/bumper!
those re30s replicas look pretty dope too I gotta admit!

Reaction score
Country
Looks really good man, i always love fresh paint, the smell, the feel. Having done a bare metal respray on my 32 i can say u will now worry about leaving it anywhere, anyone that leans on it or look at it u will think should be shot! :)

Are u going to cut the "peel" out at the end, that is the orange peel effect the paint has naturally when it comes off the gun and dries.
Thanks dude :) I can't wait to get the car back. SO EXCITED! My S15 is a drift car and I use it to go Touge... The car isn't a daily driver so I don't take it to shopping centres etc...

A good painter can paint a car and use good quality paint so that there is no orange peel, if there is, it will get fixed.

MNP, that paint is amazing. Saw my first MNP Skybarge a couple months back, couldn't stop looking at it!!

Epic build mate, looking forward to seeing the finished paintjob :D
Haha :p Its an awesome colour. Thanks mate :)

damn man build is coming along great!! loving the new paint/bumper!
those re30s replicas look pretty dope too I gotta admit!
Wait till you see what colour the RE30's are being powder coated ;)