What's new

Jap Spec S15

E

exdrifterz

Hi! Just want to know how did you slam in 18x9 at the front? Did you do something to the front fenders? What are the offset of XD9s? BTW, nice ride bro~

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Country
Hi! Just want to know how did you slam in 18x9 at the front? Did you do something to the front fenders? What are the offset of XD9s? BTW, nice ride bro~
Hi mate, just coilovers set low and the guards have been rolled with a bit of camber put into it. Be careful of your wiring loom... You might want to make a bash plate to protect it!

were did you get that boot spoiler, it suits the lines perfectly.
Its a dmax spoiler mate.

Reaction score
Country
Here is a photo from the JDMSt meet from up here in Queensland

Just bought new wheels :) I think I'm going to get the rear guards worked on though as there is maybe just a bit too much camber :p

I am running 17x9.5 on the front and 18x9.5 on the rear :D Staggered FTW!

Sorry for the picture quality :p I will get some decent shots shortly...

I also hit up Queensland Raceway on Tuesday and did some drifting :) was so much fun. I am getting photos sent to me so I will upload them shortly

K

Kojo

love it man!! looks tough!! Im a pm you with a few questions about fitting them cause I got 18x9.5s im a try to fit this weekend myself!

Reaction score
Country
Anyways, I am trying to work out the best way to remove camber out of the rear end... So far, I have these options:

Pull the guards out

Pump the guards 5-10mm

Sell my TE37's and get slightly higher offset wheels

Cut & Shut my Lower Control Arms 10mm to pull the bottom of the wheel in rather then trying to push the top of the wheel out

Thats about all I can think of at the moment. But yeah. -5ish degrees of camber on the rear is stupid, I have no traction in the rear end and I need grip to slide... If anyone has any other ideas, voice them out please!

Reaction score
Website
powizzle.tumblr.com
Hey mate, can I ask,

With your old setup on the XD9 18x10 +18, did you have any problems with clearance? My rear wheels are digging into my coilovers, the collars are getting destroyed lol!

Reaction score
Country
Hey mate, can I ask,

With your old setup on the XD9 18x10 +18, did you have any problems with clearance? My rear wheels are digging into my coilovers, the collars are getting destroyed lol!
I had no problem what so ever with the clearance. Are you running any camber? What size tire do you have on the rim? There are a few ways to fix the problem...

Reaction score
Country
On better news. I was drifting at Queensland Raceway 3 weeks ago, my fuse popped that controlled my headunit/gauges/boost controller, I didn't notice till it felt really fast. By then it was too late, I pulled into pit lane, clutched in and the motor turned straight off as if I stalled it. Did a compression test and cylinder 3 was down to 91 :( It was okay to cruise home on (a good 1hr 15min drive for me), got home, parked it in the shed. Haven't touched the car for 3 weeks cause I don't know what I want to do with it yet. I have a few options really.

Option 1) Find a short motor and bolt all my stuff onto it, short motors here in Australia can be picked up for about $1000-1500aud depending on km's etc. The only thing putting me off doing this is that the engine number is different and I just think it looks dodgy when you go to sell your car in the future, you have to explain the reason. Not to mention, you don't know what sort of life the motor has had, plus you get no warranty.

Option 2) Take my SR out and fill it with forged goodies, if I take this path, I need to buy injectors, computer, AFM, and I will want to go to a bigger turbo, at this stage I was thinking TD06 20g with 8cm rear housing. Good for 250rwkw safely, lots of torque, makes things easy to slide.

Option 3) Ditch the SR20 and go to a LS1 (V8), There are kits in the states for engine/gearbox mounts which are about $480aud delivered, custom tailshaft $400aud, combine the LS1 loom to my SR20 internal loom $250aud, custom extractors (I'm allowing $1000aud cause I'd want them mint), match up my exhaust to the new extractors ($400aud) and purchase of the LS1/Gearbox/Loom $3000.00aud, plus I'm going to allow another $1500 for parts such as I might want to do a new clutch or replace some lines or something.

Anyways, the car is sitting on stock S15 wheels at the moment as I sold the TE37's, they aren't practical for the car, I have to run far too much camber making the rear end slippery as when I really need more grip... Trying to decide what wheels to go as well as what shade of grey as the whole outside of the car is going to be resprayed.

Reaction score
Website
powizzle.tumblr.com
I had no problem what so ever with the clearance. Are you running any camber? What size tire do you have on the rim? There are a few ways to fix the problem...
Yeah im running about 3degrees or so, 235/40. Im clearing the guards OK, I did notice the scrubbing/grinding noise when i kick it out, however when I jacked it up over the weekend, the collars looked mangled. I was thinking 225/40 and bringing the camber out slightly ?

Btw sorry about the engine drama! Ever thought of a RB25?

Reaction score
Country
Yeah im running about 3degrees or so, 235/40. Im clearing the guards OK, I did notice the scrubbing/grinding noise when i kick it out, however when I jacked it up over the weekend, the collars looked mangled. I was thinking 225/40 and bringing the camber out slightly ?

Btw sorry about the engine drama! Ever thought of a RB25?
Thats quite weird. What brand coilovers do you have? I was running a 225/40/18 on my 18x10+18 with about negative 2-3degrees of camber. My car is very low though. Have you thought about lowering you car to move the collar down so it doesn't hit it?

No way would I go RB25 lol, too much weight over the front wheels!

Reaction score
Website
powizzle.tumblr.com
My car is slammed too, any lower and it'll be rubbing against the helper spring. Running HKS Hypermax coils. So your wheels weren't touching the coilovers at all!? Ill try trashing my 235 and the next drift day and put on a 225 on the rear to dial it out.

Haha yeah, love the RB growl. What colour are you thinking of spraying the car?

Reaction score
Country
My car is slammed too, any lower and it'll be rubbing against the helper spring. Running HKS Hypermax coils. So your wheels weren't touching the coilovers at all!? Ill try trashing my 235 and the next drift day and put on a 225 on the rear to dial it out.

Haha yeah, love the RB growl. What colour are you thinking of spraying the car?
Oh okay, Do you know if its the tire thats hitting the collar or if its the wheel?

I'm going the new VE commodore grey I think...

S

spanner_monkey

Love the car dude, The lines look really good, and a really well done subtle example considering it's regularly drifted.