What's new

Nismo R-tune Spec R,

Reaction score
Well folk's here she is now in my hands.:nod::) I have been busy fitting the following parts and all is going well so far..I can't lower the suspension any more as it's at its lowest on the front, and hardly any thread left on the rears. Shame as a little lower would have looked spot on.:rolleyes:
NISSAN S15 SPEC R
Stock “SR20 DET” ENGINE.
S15 MFH. (new reg plate)
BUILD LIST....

ENGINE.

Vi-pec V44 ECU.

Garrett GT2860RS Billet 'Disco Potato' Turbo. Sourced from http://www.blouchturbo.com/ the Billet one isn't listed on the site but can be supplied if requested.

HKS Air filter.

Greddy Short port intake plenum.

Naprec 80mm Throttle Body.

Nismo 740cc injectors.

Tomei Expreme header.

Tomei Expreme turbo elbow.

Tomei alloy intake pipe.

A-pexi 3” down pipe.

HKS Hi-Power exhaust inc cat replacement pipe.

Blitz Super Sound BOV. fitted to cold side.

Apex Performance FMIC kit.

Splitfire coilpacks.

Walbro 255 l/h fuel pump.

Nismo engine mounts.

Nismo gearbox mount.

Nismo Super Coppermix clutch.

Sitec fuel pressure regulator.

Sitec fuel billet filter.

Alloy 43mm core radiator.

Electric fan conversion.

Depo boost gauge, inc volt,oil press,oil temp.

Tomei big wing oil pan.

Braided turbo oil & coolant hoses.

RUNNING GEAR & AESTHETICS.

Ray's Volk 57c Gram Light 17" wheels.

K-sport 8 pot 330mm front brake kit (performance friction pads).

Wilwood 330mm 4 pot rear brake kit.

Tein Super street coil-overs, with EDFC. Soon to be swapped for RS-R Sports I coilovers.

Nismo front strut brace.

Nismo R-tune body kit.

Nismo dash cluster.

Hel braided clutch hose.

Clifford Avant Guard Alarm/immobiliser.

Momo steering wheel/Momo boss.

Carbon fibre cooling panel.

Carbon fibre coil-pack cover.

Carbon fibre ABS heat shield.

Custom made inter-cooler pipes.

Custom made intake pipe.

LED rear light clusters.

Nismo tax disc holder.

Kenwood double din DVD/Sat Nav head unit.

Just the header and elbow and sump to fit now and then in for the ECU and remap asap.;):cool:

Hope you like!!:D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Looks good dude :) not sure about the LED strips though :wack: each to their own on that one lol

why you running the same size of brakes all round though did they come on the car? :confused:

Reaction score
regards the brakes, I didn't want to go down the Z32 route on the rears, and the DB power kit was the best alternative I could find that ditched the ****ty looking rear callipers. and the fronts, well I always liked the K-sport kits after fitting them at Enginetuner, and had the chance to buy a set. and they are awesome. and will cope with anything I am going to throw at them.
I am still undecided on the LED's too..

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
car looks great mate, never liked the r-tune but i like yours for some reason :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Looks very clean and tidy, doubt you would be able to get bigger brakes under 17's would you?
Interested to see what results you get once it mapped with your new ecu!

S

S15 SILVIA

Nice Silv mate! She's a minter!
As Dean said. Wasn't a huge lover of the Nismo kit, but it looks great in pewter, only ever seen it in White before.
Paint looks real good too.
Not a lover of the led running lights, or the nismo badge at the front, but they're not offensive!
Regarding your coilovers, will the shock bodies not lower into the lower mount any?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Looks very nice dude :)

With your FMIC and Walbro 255 you can ditch the stock boost solenoid, get an electronic one fitted then get remap so 1.2 bar and :D :D

Reaction score
They are superb now they have bedded in, I had to learn to be a little lighter with the foot mind. But I out braked a chap in a M3 BMW yesterday and then pulled away quite nicely.. I think he was a little suprised as he gave me the thumbs up when I allowed him to pass. Lol.

Reaction score
I would look at other options chap, as I have spoken to a few people who have done that and found the expense of sourcing the parts out weighs the benefits, as the big brake options out there are better performing set ups and end up been better value in the long run. That's why I went to K-sport as well as experiencing the fantastic feedback from people I fitted K-sport brakes for. do your research before you buy overpriced GTR brembos..

Reaction score
Country
I would look at other options chap, as I have spoken to a few people who have done that and found the expense of sourcing the parts out weighs the benefits, as the big brake options out there are better performing set ups and end up been better value in the long run. That's why I went to K-sport as well as experiencing the fantastic feedback from people I fitted K-sport brakes for. do your research before you buy overpriced GTR brembos..
I started using only the best of parts in my S15, I think I'll continue to do so... I spend alot of time searching around on Yahoo Auctions, so they always pop up... I'll just wait till one is the right price... For some reason, KSport coilovers always snap and break and don't look very appealing... It wouldn't put my mind at ease knowing that they are the same brand as the coilovers :p

Reaction score
Fair point chap, but the K-sport brakes are superb bits of kit, I haven't heard a bad word yet. And I come into contact with a lot of people who actually use them not just go on about a mate of a mate who once had a car with a million HP and bla bla. you know the ones.. lol the coil-overs are said to be not great mind. I have Tein super streets and they are spot on for the poor UK roads.

Reaction score
Iv'e edited the first page of my thread, with the addition of some parts I have fitted and about to get fitted. Then the ECU fit is planned in the last week of March. I will get some more pictures up soon when Iv'e got things all ready. I am relying on two great friends to help me get the parts fitted, so at their mercy with evenings after work working on my car. It's been a bit of a wait for the ECU and it has caught me out by turning up out of the blue before I have fitted the header and elbow. I decided to fit a Greddy big wing sump and braided turbo coolant and oil feed hoses, they will be here tomorrow. I have wrapped the manifold and will wrap the elbow and downpipe when I remove it all to fit the header. Then when she is rested up for the winter I can start getting the underneath all sorted and looking factory fresh. I am just about to sign contracts on my new house so going to be a real busy time.. but the S15 keeps me going. as they do for all of us owners. thanks for looking, I will get some pic's up asap to show you the progress. good luck with all your projects folk's..

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Ahh, I want that manifold!! I've been looking for one for ages now. May have to just bite the bullet and buy one new. Can I ask how much you paid for it?

Reaction score
I paid £230 for the manifold and elbow.. from Japperformanceparts. I have spent way too much with them recently. RS-R coilovers, Nismo Clutch, Splitfire coilpacks, the header and elbow, Momo steering wheel & boss, gear knob, Tomei intake pipe. I have banned myself from their site now. so maybe Tein SS and EDFC for sale soon. will see how the RS-R feel before I list them.