What's new

Nismo R-tune Spec R,

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
£230 is a bargain. I would happily give that for just the manifold. Did you just see them on the site or request them specifically?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Cool, you got yourself a bargain there mate. I'll stop cluetering your thread now! The cars looking smart, as is the cooling panel ;)

Reaction score
No bother chap. They are a pain in the butt for not updating the site but I often call and ask see what they have in. They reckon to have broke 3 S15's last month. If I come across anything like Tomei headers I will let you know. Not working gives me the chance to trawl the tinternet for bit's n bobs.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
What type of heat rap did you use? I keep toying with the idea of doing it to my manifold and down pipe, as I am running a top mount setup.

Reaction score
[/IMG]
Benji AKA Sturge, fitting the Splitfires..
[/IMG]
The clutch to be fitted.
[/IMG]
Yours truly at one with my steed..
[/IMG]
And the shocks that may be replacing the Tein's. They are RS-R sports*i

Last edited:
Reaction score
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Look what turned up today!!

I have also ordered up Nismo 740cc injectors and a uprated turbo. turbo options are, Garrett GT2860RS "Disco Potato" Turbocharger. Or a Turbo Dynamics hybrid. just waiting on some prices and info before I decide which to go for. ordered multi layer Cosworth Head gasket too.

Last edited:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
some nice bits there mate, i really like this car even though i was never sure on the r-tune before :D the legs on those shocks look a bit weedy don't they lol

Reaction score
Yea I know what you mean I had a close look at that as soon as they came out of the box. But they look all reet to me..

Reaction score
Well the Vi-Pec ECU fitting went perfectly, started right up and sat at a perfect idle instantly. Martyn (Enginetuner.co.uk) mapped it to sit at 240bhp 238lbft torque until my tasty parts arrive from around the globe, Pointless chasing a power figure until its all fitted.
And my clutch is slipping like mad I have now found out, more apparent since the remap. The ECU has a internal 7bar map sensor and routing a hose through the bulkhead was the most challenging part if the fitting. The laptop connected right up using the supplied USB cable, and the downloaded Vi-pec software. This in my opinion is the way to go rather than Apexi FC etc. great customer support and a great quality product that works.. My car will be on the Enginetuner stand at Japfest as Martyn will be taking it up while I get a tan in Greece. so if you are there call over and have a chat to him about it and what he can do for you.. Small ugly bloke you wont mistake him.. Hopefully by then all my bits will be fitted and she will be kicking a bit more power out, with the help of the Nismo Super Coppermix clutch too...

I also will be fitting this wideband AFM , http://www.ngk.com/afx/ as this connects right up to the Vi-pec, so not only do you get a dash display it also data logs in the ECU too. Recommended by Vi-pec to use with their products. It's coming along steady but showing the potential results I want.

My RS-R coilies are now fitted and she sits a little lower now looking sweet..so buy my Tein Super Streets you know it's right.. Also got the R33 rear brake conversion done with K-Sport 4pot callipers. So they look sweet with K-Sport 8 pots up front. looking good and stopping better..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Some decent parts coming off! have a butchers in for sale section.. buy stuff you know you want to..lol..

Reaction score
[/IMG]

The new wheels, J9x17" I have to roll the rear arches a little but I love them.. I may have the centres repainted in gunmetal grey, not sure yet.. What do you think?

[/IMG]
Disco Potato with Billet wheel..
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yea going to go to the painters and have a look at some colour chips, see what may be a good choice. I was thinking of the same bronze that my gram lights were. Trying to get it sorted for Japfest..

Reaction score
They look good as they are, if I'm honest, but darker shade wheels always suit grey cars much better.

Reaction score
Yea I was maybe going to use the exact colour of the car, but worried that it might look a bit cheesy.