What's new

B9NKO's Spec S to Spec R Conversion

Reaction score
Looks like a lot of Blitz parts, blitz wheels, blitz FMIC and piping, blitz top radiator piping, engine shock damper, strut bar, lookslike some nice bolts ons. Good stuff bro and will be a nice swap.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
looking good mate - the clutch master and pedal install should just be a case of removing the system from the s14 and then measuring the exact position/making a tracing or template of the holes in the bulkhead, then transferring them over to the s15 ;) dont bother with the compensator pipework between the master and slave, just buy a one piece braided line for 25 quid to make it easier :) i'd imagine sorting the wiring will be the most awkward thing of the whole conversion....

Reaction score
Actually when I did my conversion from auto to manual, when I removed the dash and firewall heat proofing, there was a template already there for the cutout of the master cylinder. Was easy stuff really. Template was to the inside of course.

B9NKO

Reaction score
Just a quick update of my project, finally started stripping the S14, started work on it on saturday afternoon after work and managed to get the engine pretty much ready to be lifted out by 6pm got the gearbox off, prop, exhaust, radiator out etc so will hopefully be lifting it out monday night? will keep updating as i make more progress

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Nice progress. That S14 will almost pay for itself in parts after you've had what you need. Did you register it before breaking?

B9NKO

Reaction score
Nice progress. That S14 will almost pay for itself in parts after you've had what you need. Did you register it before breaking?
no i didnt register it, i thought about it but didnt want to spend the extra money on it? im hoping i can sell the shell to a drifter maybe??

B9NKO

Reaction score
Another quick update, took the engine out tonight, it was quite easy really just a few more things to get from the s14 now like the clutch pedal and master cylinder etc. will start work on the s15 soon

B9NKO

Reaction score
Just another update of the on going project. Got the engine from the s14 all prepped now, new clutch, waterpump and thermostat, all belts replaced. Replaced the bearings in the gearbox, so set upon the yellow S15, got the exhaust system, prop shaft and gearbox stripped last night along with the wiring loom and ecu, so tonight i stripped the engine down and took it out, drilled the holes for the cluth pedal and master cylinder and installed that, and then dropped the sr20det into it. Will be slowly building it all back up this week so wont be long now, having a few problems with the wiring as the s14 didnt have abs, ive had to strip the loom from the sr20de and take off the abs and side light feeds that are attached to the engine loom, will keep updating my progress.

B9NKO

Reaction score
Finally got the engine and box in now, all running so just a bit of tidying up to do now, i will add more pics when its finished and setup! its been a lot bigger project than i thought it was going to be, had to get the prop shaft shortened slightly and re balanced, the amount of wiring has been the biggest problem but im nearly there now!!!

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Well done coming along nicely. My S15 started life as SR20de, and now it has a s14 SR20DET. I didn't do the conversion so nice to see how your getting on with it. :)

B9NKO

Reaction score
Yet another update, ive been running the car for a few weeks now and everything seems to running ok, had a little boost problem at the start but that was just a wire i hadnt connected for the boost controller. Still a few things to tidy up but im using it everyday now and loving it just looking for some nice wheels now, a set of coilovers and a re-map.

Mods so far on the car

Power FC mapped to 0.8 bar
blitz intercooler
blitz nur spec cat back system
3" downpipe
apex short shifter
depo boost gauge

Mods still to be fitted are

Apex de cat
4 pot calipers with 330mm brake upgrade with project MU pads
290mm rear brakes with project MU pads
Tegiwa engine damper
Standard under bracing (being powder coated)

any comment welcome, thanks

Reaction score
Country
Hey

Well done mate. Glad everything seems ok.
Don't mind me asking but has your insurance gone up alot?

B9NKO

Reaction score
Hey

Well done mate. Glad everything seems ok.
Don't mind me asking but has your insurance gone up alot?
Ive only got 4 months left on the policy but it went up £106 so I thought that was pretty good

B9NKO

Reaction score
HI people, havnt updated my build for a while so thought id put my latest pictures and spec's on, and just a general update of how its progressing.

Spec so far is:-

Power FC mapped to 0.8 bar
blitz intercooler
blitz nur spec cat back system
3" downpipe
apex short shifter
Apex Turbo Elbow
depo boost gauge
Apex de-cat
Apex rear Camber Arms
Strut brace
Tegiwa engine damper
Tegiwa bmc Stopper
HKS air filter
Racing Logic Coilovers (these coilovers are awesome and i would recommend them top anyone, my friend is a supplier if interested)
Buddy Club P1 Wheels, Rear 17x9 Fronts 17x8
Aero rear spats (bought from carbonkit from the forum)

Had the car rolling roaded at Protuner and got a healthy 280bhp at the flywheel and 236bhp at the wheels. Thats just the map that was on the s14 i imported from Japan, greg at protuner reckons i could see 300bhp with a re map easily.

Also ive got an aero front bumper to fit (fibreglass) which is the next step of the project ready for JAE.

Here are some pics, sorry about the quality but its from my iphone