What's new

Nicely's Spec R Aero

M

MIHIR AMIN

mine makes a funny noise sometimes i think thats just a heavy duty clutch for you. I have an exedy Hyper clutch, the gear change is a bit stiffer and the clutch pedal is harder too but did soften slightly after a couple of weeks. ps nicely have u had your caron the rolling road recently? :D

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I've heard aftermarket clutches which makes a grinding noise when clutched.
Kinda like a coffee grinder :D
Supposed to be normal for some clutches.

Is the noise from your clutch a coffee grinding noise?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Only when you give it beans... :p :D :wack:

Yeah, could be that sort of noise. Lift-off in 3rd is like the noise you get when you do change-down braking - only 2-3 times louder.

D

Derek

Yakozan said:
I've heard aftermarket clutches which makes a grinding noise when clutched.
Kinda like a coffee grinder :D
Supposed to be normal for some clutches.

Is the noise from your clutch a coffee grinding noise?
:nod:

Reaction score
have a haevy triple plate clutch in an ek9 and it makes noise espically when u downchange to higher revs under hard breaking just normal i think!!

Reaction score
your super coppermix clutch is going to make one hell of a noise when cruising along at certains speed... best way to describe it is like a resonating sound.

If your running nismo engine and gearbox mounts, the noise will be even worse... it has to do with the super coppermix being an unsprung version. we have at least 3 s15s in the NSCC with this clutch and they all exhibit the same terrible noises when driving, it gets so loud sometimes that if your talking its easier to stop talking or accelerate to get past the resonating.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yep. Beginning to realise that. It's just the noise that's been scaring the feck out of me... :p

Did any of the other guys have trouble with the slave piston not pushing the fork enough to engage the clutch?

Reaction score
dcoghlan said:
your super coppermix clutch is going to make one hell of a noise when cruising along at certains speed... best way to describe it is like a resonating sound.

If your running nismo engine and gearbox mounts, the noise will be even worse... it has to do with the super coppermix being an unsprung version. we have at least 3 s15s in the NSCC with this clutch and they all exhibit the same terrible noises when driving, it gets so loud sometimes that if your talking its easier to stop talking or accelerate to get past the resonating.
any other known problems reported by the NSCC dale?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Productive and destructive day today. Managed to do and oil change, coolant change, fit my subframe locking bushes AND sort my rear callipers (finally). A word of warning about callipers. Never fit them with the bleed valve on the bottom if you want to get the air out... :eek:

Destructive bit was the plastic radiator drain screw snapping in the radiator when I put it back in :annoyed: Of course, my local Nissan muppets don't open their parts department on Saturdays, do they... :rolleyes: Top bodge #52: fill the inside of the drain outlet with Blu-tack, them fill a beer top with exhaust filler and stick it over the end of the outlet. Seals the Blu-tack in and won't come off under pressure (I hope). Means I can lever the bottle top off later and get to the broken screw inside... :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Just thought I'd add this to my own thread rather than just Yako's :p

The subframe collars have made a phenomenal difference to the rear end tightness (the car that is :p ) in cornering :eek: :nod: :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Slightly different engine bay look.

25mm rad installed. Fan cowling removed (fan reattached). Slight rearrangement of pipes and hoses.