Nicely's Spec R Aero

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Woohoo! Drove the S15 to the garage last night to get the 6MT and clutch, etc. fitted :D Didn't sound well :no: :( Kept popping out of 3rd too...

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Nope. Was just going to drag on and on if I'd done that. If I'd pulled my finger out and collected the box last year when the old one was still OK, I'd have done it, but alas.... :eek:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
They were putting the centre console back together when I phoned them at 1630 yesterday, so should be ready today!!
Whoopsie doo!! :clap: :thumbs: :D

i hope this box stays together :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
As long as it stays together for 50k miles, I'll be happy :p
I guess you're rebuilding the old box then with fixed circlip :)

Edit: converted 50k miles to km and realiased it was a very very long distance :eek:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I've sold the old box to someone who's going to rebuild it :)

Don't really think its a case of how much power it supports, more a case of how long it'll support it. I would image it'd be happy running 250-280lbft torque (340-380Nm) for a while before giving in. But there's no way of being sure.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
I've sold the old box to someone who's going to rebuild it :)

Don't really think its a case of how much power it supports, more a case of how long it'll support it. I would image it'd be happy running 250-280lbft torque (340-380Nm) for a while before giving in. But there's no way of being sure.
The stock clutch on the S15 is way better compared to the stock S14(a) clutch. I've heard of people just thinking of upping the boost and the clutch would throw in the towel.

i have the stock clutch on mine and it's still fine. 50 or 60k km and the first burnout I did was actually the clutch smoking and not the tires :eek:
So it's pretty good for being a stock item.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Mine was still on standard and was fine :) However, Jono's has just gone. I recommended he just get another standard one unless he's planning a big power increase :nod:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Back on the road last night!! :D

:eek: The clutch is somewhat brutal.

After several days of the garage struggling to bleed the clutch, they took the box off again to check everything. Was all fine, but the noticed 5mm difference between the old and new plate. This difference was stopping the fork from properly engaging. They extended the slave cylinder piston slightly to allow the fork to move further. This worked, though its a bit of a bodge...

The clutch engages and disengeges. That's it. Nothing in between... :p Stall time and looking like a learner till I get used to it... :rolleyes:

The box/clutch/fly/whatever is very noisy and the gearshift fooking stiff, particularly reverse. May change the fluid. I got them to put a Super Lightweight/Lightweight mixture in, but may change back to full Lightweight.

The noise is slightly worrying...

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
It was. But then, its not been used and had no oil in it for at least 7 or 8 months, I'm not sure of the oil combo, and I don't know how much noise a Super Coppermix clutch and fly combo make with the 6MT.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Good to hear you've got her back dude, shame it didnt all fit, which i find hard to understand, hopefully you get it sorted soon :thumbs:

D

Derek

Take no notice of clutch. When i engage my clutch you can hear it outside car. Sounds wrong but its not. When you put power down does car shake/vibrate alot? Does the lighteight fly make noise on startup?

D

Derek

Hell yeah.. to be honest i think its a sign of a good clutch.. The company i bought mine from had me warned also.. It doesn't sound healty but you'll grow to love it like the Fuel pump :rolleyes: buzzzzzzzzzzz :D