this is z33 track wheels i m after

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
FINALLY got some decent LED bulbs for the Wisesquare's (only the brakes/sides are LED) :clap:

Talk about difficult. 921s in the reverse/fog and spoiler brake sockets, 7440s in the rear indicators... You couldn't imagine how difficult it was to get LED versions of these in the UK, particularly the amber 7440s and a red 921. In fact, I didn't. I tried a few from a HK Ebayer, but they weren't bright enough.

The LED flasher relay is another laugh. Euro flasher units are readily available, but the Jap units have the terminals reversed. Of course, I didn't know that until I'd bought a Euro replay :rolleyes:

Finally got everything sorted from a US company, Super Bright LEDs. The rear indicators are now intense, you can actually see the fog too!! and the reverse is cleaner. Only one failure: the spoiler brake light. The red lens is such a colour that it depends on the normal bulb's yellow/white light to appear red. With the white 921 LED, it looks orange/red and totally shite. So the normal bulb is staying. Oh, and the indicators now flash at the correct speed... :D

Might look into doing the other bulbs (already done the front indicators).

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Good show :thumbs:

What about the stock side/brake lights, can they be changed to LED's?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Not sure. I'll take a look at my OEM units and see what the bulbs are. Think they're a combination bulbs though... Don't count on the OEM bulbs being the same as the ones the Wisesquare units use though. I'll check and do a thread with all the bulbs types in. Looked in the workshop manual, but it just says the ratings, not the types. Helpful... :rolleyes:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Lookee what my special Moscow couriers brought me this afternoon!!

Many thanks to Elizium and his folks for sorting this. I know ti must have been a hassle to bring it back, particularly with Heathrow being in the state its in at the moment :notworthy:

Should be fitted this week :thumbs:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
Lookee what my special Moscow couriers brought me this afternoon!!

Many thanks to Elizium and his folks for sorting this. I know ti must have been a hassle to bring it back, particularly with Heathrow being in the state its in at the moment :notworthy:

Should be fitted this week :thumbs:
Fitting that is 15min work Nicely. Do it now! I wanna see :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You buy them colour-coded.

This one was on Yahoo Auctions brand new. *cough* ?660 delivered to Moscow *cough cough* That may make you go :hurl: but they cost that much new off Nissan, without shipping.

There was an additional ?73 excess baggage payable in Moscow for 9kg :eek: Don't ever have overweight baggage when leaving Moscow... :no:

Reaction score
just need it and the car spraying pearl white to make it complete! ;)

nice to see you've got it though, and in one piece!!! good buy! :D

V

Vandal

I'm jealous, as I will have to make do with a copy :cry:

Get some pics of it fitted up!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Vandal said:
I'm jealous, as I will have to make do with a copy :cry:

Get some pics of it fitted up!
You can order one off Nissan Japan, via Japanparts or Perfectrun if you want to spend out for the ABS plastic (and shipping)... :)

V

Vandal

I had a look at Japanparts and Perfectrun, but couldn't find it. I think I would be horrified at what Nissan want for one :rolleyes: Not really keen on spending more than $1,000, particularly when you can get decent looking unsprayed copies for around $400 - $500.

I would like it not to sag and fit fairly well though, so maybe I'll end up forking out the cash for one.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I had the same dilemma. An FRP copy is about a third of the price. However, I just kept hearing about FRP copy bumpers having to be adjusted to fit properly and cracking when flies hit them, etc. I also was told point blank by one of the SXOC senior mods not to waste my money on an FRP, as he did. He landed up going back to a modified ABS after a few months. He said that you will have saved money immediately due to it coming pre-sprayed, them you can pretty much guarantee it'll bold straight on, and finally that it'll withstand minor knocks and scrapes without noticable damage. Oh, and the paint won't crack....