Nicely's Spec R Aero

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
If you read this it goes some way to explaining the differences between OEM and aftermarket HIDs. That's what Clearcorners passed to me to read. I believe it has a lot to do with the focus of the beam and ensuring that it lights distance and not just close quarters. Mike told me that if they altered the optics, they'd make it fully adjustable via the adjuster screws and there would be a lot of work on the brackets and fitting the projector.

O

old_s13

Did Clearcorners elobrate on the differences the S15's HID and non HID optics and the effect it makes on the ilumination aspect?

I could still get a set of new HID headlamps but I have to figure out the wiring route of the stock HID and it would be tough to get the other end of the HID's connectors with pigtails.

Sillbeer, I just finished sending you an e-mail and figured I would check in on this thread. For future notice, I dont login to forums much anymore (no time), but I will answer the questions I see at the moment.

It is very wise idea if xenon headlamps are already available (which they are for the s15), to buy the HID-spec lamps. We've worked on the HID-spec lamps before, installation should not be a problem. Plus, we can modify the pigtail connectors with our specific connectors. We will provide both male and female harnesses that way its simple to install regardless of what chassis it is installed in.

Another benefit to going with a custom projector setup is the ability to utilize a bi-xenon projector, this is what most of the top-dollar cars with xenon have. Typically, bi-xenon projectors have a shield with a solenoid that allows both high and low operation. Again, this is factory-spec stuff.. not the cheap stuff you typically find in China such as the rebased HID kits. Those are illegal for sale in most countries and will/should not pass inspection.

Cheers,
Mike / ClearCorners.Com

O

old_s13

If you read this it goes some way to explaining the differences between OEM and aftermarket HIDs. That's what Clearcorners passed to me to read. I believe it has a lot to do with the focus of the beam and ensuring that it lights distance and not just close quarters. Mike told me that if they altered the optics, they'd make it fully adjustable via the adjuster screws and there would be a lot of work on the brackets and fitting the projector.
Well said Chris, and yes.. the above link to Daniel Stern's site is an excellent one. We've worked with Daniel for numerous years now, he's a lighting genius and a great guy to work with.

Anyway Chris, one thing to consider if you do go the OE xenon route.. are the bi-xenon projectors. At least it makes the extra work worth the trouble.

Cheers!
Mike / ClearCorners.Com

Reaction score
Country
Nicely
really like the funky conversion.... top work by Mike there...:thumbs:
Nicely did you use the OEM HID headlight for theconversion??? i think i might be go down the same road as yourself as im not really happy with my aftermarket HID kit.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
No, I used halogens. Sort of wishing I'd got HIDs, but hey ho... Fairly happy with my HID install though.

Reaction score
Country
No, I used halogens. Sort of wishing I'd got HIDs, but hey ho... Fairly happy with my HID install though.
so the guys in clearcorners modified the optics to take HIDs ?? so does that mean you still retained the after market HID??

if so would save a lot of money rater then getting full hid units.

Reaction score
lol i got mine when i bought the car factory spec :p. Some interesting reading there you guys know way too much! glad to learn tho :D

D

david

A bit off the topic now but nicely did u ever thing off fitting two more defi s in ur other 2 middle vents i think it would look savage cause iv seen ur center one that day in jap fest and it looked so well!2 more would look really well to finish it off or maybe there is a reason u didnt!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I value my air flow too much. I only fitted the one in the middle because I had nowhere else for it to go and it didn't really impact on ventilation as there are vents either side.

D

david

I know what u mean but it wont bother me cause i dont use them vents never did in any car cause the aircon works as well on the window setting and its not blowing ur face off.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
M

Matt_S

Jez. Wise up pal! Its an S Body! There's no end of stuff that you can buy/replace :wack: