What's new

Nicely's Spec R Aero

Reaction score
Country
i've a air con filter ordered too...
big smell of smoke from it when the fans are on full,
was thinking of taking it out to see if washing it helps, cant stand the smell.

nicely how long did it take to deliver??

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Once its in stock, it takes about a week from Japan. That's from Perfectrun... Probably about two weeks, which is better than the three months (and counting) its taking Nissan GB...

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nicely said:
Once its in stock, it takes about a week from Japan. That's from Perfectrun... Probably about two weeks, which is better than the three months (and counting) its taking Nissan GB...
3 months :eek:
I could order a filter with sea freight and the ship will have time to return to Japan before Nissan get it together :D

Now I know where I don't want to buy spare parts :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Its usually 3-6 weeks. That was taking the piss, and my parts guy agreed. Told him to cancel cos I had one that would be here in a week for probably half the price (never got the Nissan GB price).

P

paulphot

My service manual reccomends replacing the a/c filter at 80,000km (50,000miles). Somehow the Nissan Service Agent where I had my last service 80,000km) thought they knew better than the people who make the car and didn't replace it at the reccomended time. They said "those bits don't usually need replacing" and that if I wanted it done it would cost extra in the service. Der.......that's why you pay for a service. :wave:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The workshop manual doesn't specify an interval. It just says sooner for dusty conditions. I'd say that interval is about right.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The filter was about ?22 plus postage. Obviously mine came with other stuff, so the postage was reduced.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
paulphot said:
My service manual reccomends replacing the a/c filter at 80,000km (50,000miles). Somehow the Nissan Service Agent where I had my last service 80,000km) thought they knew better than the people who make the car and didn't replace it at the reccomended time. They said "those bits don't usually need replacing" and that if I wanted it done it would cost extra in the service. Der.......that's why you pay for a service. :wave:
Just found it in the workshop manual. Filter should be washed every 12000 Km/7500 Miles or every 12 months (sooner in extreme conditions). Replace when noticeably dirty.

S

sfg

dyno

great set of curves :eek: nicely. your low end performance is v impressive. do you have afr/ lamba and boost curves?
also how come you stop at 7k. my car stock ecu no remap hit the limiter at 7800rpm.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Not sure if it hit the limiter or they just let off. Either way, it was not continuing to increase power. Its not been remapped since before the turbo elbow and tubular mani were added. I would image it needs tweaking at the top end. I've got a boosting problem were the turbo goes nuts after about 1.05 bar :eek: so I have the controller set to 1 bar. I have eliminated all possibilities except the turbo with this problem. I've got a nearly new T28BB ready to swap over. When this goes in, and the 740s, it'll be getting one of Jez's chips with a new custom mapping.

Sorry, no boost and lambda curves. Jez had those when he mapped the Emanage.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The new chip will give a mapping more precise than a PFC. The Emanage can be run with a blank map until I make any future changes. I can then map those myself.

S

sfg

jez remap

i see a remap in my medium future @1.2 bar. got my eye on full rose joints first. when my lotto comes in, twincharging!