What's new

Nicely's Spec R Aero

P

Paul2x

You can get the converters off Ebay over here. Wire straight in without issue. Also moves the 180kph limiter to 180mph ;)
Can you link me to one that you have used or one that is known to work.
Last one i ordered was complete junk, total waste of money.

Wireing diagram was useless!

P

Paul2x

Thanks, That looks like exactaly what i have now.

My problem I have no idea how to wire it in.

The diagram they included was useless. Any info on installs?

Maybe i've just wired mine wrong.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I'll contact one of our importers and see if they have the wiring details :) The converters are pretty standard and are fitted to nearly all our S15s in the UK.

Reaction score
So when are you guys going to go to KPH it makes it so much easier(for the Aussies etc). Iv'e almost forgotten MPH.My first 2 cars were in MPH a long time ago;)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
With the whole of Europe on Km and KPH, it isn't bothering the UK one bit being the odd one out. They've been 'going metric' since the beginning on the 70s.... I think miles and MPH are the only remaining imperial measurements in the UK.

Reaction score
Weve had metric since the early 70s and the only imperial residue is that we still use PSI for our tyre pressure guages instead of Kp. Interesting that the powers that be, have never enforced the metric unit of pressure:|

P

pablo

With the whole of Europe on Km and KPH, it isn't bothering the UK one bit being the odd one out. They've been 'going metric' since the beginning on the 70s.... I think miles and MPH are the only remaining imperial measurements in the UK.

england still regonoses pints, inches, feet and mph/miles. gallons is not official but mpg is still common place

in the horse world its still hands

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Didn't mean recognises. What I meant was a nationally accepted measurement, as in all the road signs, etc. You might still get a pint of milk, but the carton says 568ml. Height and weight is generally taken in metric by organisations. And it would be a quite difficult to change the measurement for fuel consumption with one part being based on imperial (miles) and the other half metric (litres). But petrol is sold in litres.

Its one major fcuked up system which needs picking up and giving a good kick up the arse - whether people like it or not.

P

pablo

sorry to bring it up again

but

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_unit

The United Kingdom completed its legal transition to SI units in 1995, but a few imperial units are still in official use: draught beer must be sold in pints, road-sign distances must be in yards and miles, clearance heights must be in feet and inches (although an equivalent in metres may be shown as well) and speed limits must be in miles per hour

p.s i havnt added must or put in italics.....looks rude as i read the quote back.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Whatever :wack: It just makes the UK look even more crap than I made them look previously. 35+ years after starting down the metric changeover route by starting decimalisation, the UK is still clinging to illogical and stupid measuring units despite the rest of Europe having fully converted.

Reaction score
So what are they teaching kids in school, both systems or a mix of metric/imperial, reflective of current conventions.:confused:

Reaction score
Country
very nice... got the splitfire myself...:cool:

how much was the VTC solenod?
think i might be needing one soon...:rolleyes:

Oh BTW think its time you put in some elbow grease and polish that SS mani...:p

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The solenoid was [FONT=Thorndale, serif]?[/FONT]10800 plus shipping from PR (don't know how much that would be, as I got it with the Splitfires and thermostat). I believe RHD do them [FONT=Thorndale, serif]?[/FONT]11190 delivered.

What the heck is the point in polishing the mani? It'd be back to the same state after half an hour's driving. That's what they look like after 40k miles :p

M

Matt_S

Nicely, on the S14 splitfire kit, you get coils, loom, a new Ign chip, converter loom for new Ign chip plus some fittings to make the coils fit.

DO you get all that with the S15 kit?