What's new

Nicely's Spec R Aero

P

Pazz

Nicely, From the second pic, the down pipe looks very low to the ground. How many inches of clearance the pipe has to the floor?
I also thought this gunner from looking at the pic while searching for info on elbow's/downpipes. However I looked at my stock setup from cat-forward and the pipe seems to follow the same line. The downpipe seems to travel below the line of the cat (or in nicely's case de-cat ;)).

This THS setup seems to cope with this pretty well, the flexi-pipe looks like it does the job of straightening things out while also taking any load of the mani. I've noticed many of the blitz/hks downpipes dont have a flexi section and are quite a bit more money.

Last edited:
G

gunner93

I also thought this gunner from looking at the pic while searching for info on elbow's/downpipes. However I looked at my stock setup from cat-forward and the pipe seems to follow the same line. The downpipe seems to travel below the line of the cat (or in nicely's case de-cat ;)).

This THS setup seems to cope with this pretty well, the flexi-pipe looks like it does the job of straightening things out while also taking any load of the mani. I've noticed many of the blitz/hks downpipes dont have a flexi section and are quite a bit more money.
I had occational scrappings under my Apexi N1 resonator as its just 4 inch from the ground. :furious: Cant lower my ride anymore without risking buggering my 'zorst with the the poor road conditions in my country I'm afriad. :( To avoid cracking the elbow or mani, I'd installed a flexi-joint (down pipe area) which is a worth while idea me thinks... :nod:

K

kazama

Nicely, your car is coming along nicely since I last saw it.

p/s. How much did you get the heat shield to cover your firewall ?

K

kazama

Whats ali glass blanket ? Are they expensive ?

A guy quoted me around 90 pounds for a big box of the thermal wrap that goes to the firewall, engine bay area. (Thermo-tec)

Last edited:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country

Aluminium glass cloth. Used to protect components, oil lines or cable runs from heat. Can be secured under bonnets with contact adhesive to protect from engine heat. To protect oil lines the line can be wrapped round the line and secured with lockwire or cable ties. The foil reflects the heat and the glass provides the insulation layers.
Generally under ?40 per square metre

P

Paul2x

Looks good,

Is it real carbon? and what is that black sticker or something just above the needle on your speedo?

P

Paul2x

Were you able to convert it?

I tired and order some piece of junk on line that would only work up to about 25mph anything above the needle would drop back down to zero.

so i gave up.

Reaction score
I've got that same sticker :p and its lifting off just the same ! :rotfl:

p.s. those black Nismo dials would go wicked with yours Nicely :)

Last edited:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
^^ haha, same here aswel! i've been thinking about removing it, but not got round to it.

The carbon bits are looking good, I like the shades too! :cool:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Were you able to convert it?

I tired and order some piece of junk on line that would only work up to about 25mph anything above the needle would drop back down to zero.

so i gave up.
You can get the converters off Ebay over here. Wire straight in without issue. Also moves the 180kph limiter to 180mph ;)

Why would I want a set of dials which would go up to 280mph? That's 70mph faster than the world's fastest road cars!