What's new

Nicely's Spec R Aero

Reaction score
i like it! Where can i obtain one? my apexi one has no flexi so thinking it might be well worth it to stop the mani etc cracking. Where did you get the turbo elbow gasket (the triangular one?)

O

Oki S15

Does the downpipe touch the body? Mine does and the passenger side can feel it in their feet.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
i like it! Where can i obtain one? my apexi one has no flexi so thinking it might be well worth it to stop the mani etc cracking. Where did you get the turbo elbow gasket (the triangular one?)
THS Performance. They are sold together. ?130 plus delivery :)

Gasket had been bought previously from Apex. Much better quality than the ones which come with the elbow and pipe. I would only use the flexi-pipe to cat gasket out of that lot. Genuine gaskets for the elbow :nod:

Does the downpipe touch the body? Mine does and the passenger side can feel it in their feet.
No. Loads of clearance :)

B

baynz

so we would need the s14 nots14a downpipe and elbow for our s15's isnt it?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yes, but they only sell the S14 type. The S14a is the same so long as both the elbow and front pipe are changed together.

B

baynz

oh yeah sorry just noticed it when i read the write up.

seems a really good bargain. and the downpipe was next on my list so i may invest in 1 soon.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Just bear in mind that you need to rig up something to fit the bracket to the mounting point on the car :) Apart from that, I was quite happy with the quality of it :)

G

gunner93

Nicely, From the second pic, the down pipe looks very low to the ground. How many inches of clearance the pipe has to the floor?

Last edited:
M

mitch

That's not a bad price and looks to be pretty good quality from the pics. Would you recommend it to others?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I've had one of their tubular manis on for around two years without issue :) Very quick in sending stuff out too.

Nah, its not that low. The rear box is lower.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Is that bracket fitted to the front pipe? I think the only bracket i have is at the joint between the cat and front-pipe

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yeah, its on the pipe. I've reattached the bracket which came with my HKS pipe. That one attaches to the front pipe to cat flange. The pipe bracket sits about an inch adrift of the mounting point. It would be possible to either get the bracket moved along the pipe or get a joiner plate.

Reaction score
Country
On the front pipe i previously had the bracket did not reach so had to reuse the orginal bracket that fixes to the cat/front pipe bolts.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I don't do anything major to the S15 these days, but I quite like my latest 'tweak' :)

Finally fitted my Type 2 Apex catch tank, but didn't like the plain hosing (especially near the mani :p ). Thanks to Ben at Hose Solutions for sorting me some braided lines and finishers :thumbs:

The tank is a temporary fit till Apex get their solid intake pipes, then I'll have a bit more room.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nice.

I had my catch can connected the same way with steel braided hoses and stuff. i bought 2 new threaded auminium spouts though so i could fit those bling red/blue hose ends to the cach tank :)

What size hose is it?
I find AN10 to be very a very tight fit.
They came on with some violence.
You running AN11?

why didnt you reattach the plastic bit to the radiator? wouldn't fit?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
is there not a carbon canister where that location use to be??
what does the carbon canister do?
It's some :ghey: emissions thingie.
Perfect fit fot a catch tank. I used the canister bracket to fit the catch tank. Just some small modding required :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yep, the carbon canister doesn't do a lot.

What size hose is it?
I find AN10 to be very a very tight fit.
They came on with some violence.
You running AN11?

why didnt you reattach the plastic bit to the radiator? wouldn't fit?
Its totally non-EU conforming 5/8 inch :p That's just a tad under 16mm. The spouts on the can and engine are 15mm.

The cowl was a complete PITA when fitting the rad. So I just ripped the fooker out. :D

As I said, I'll be fitting a solid intake pipe at some point soon. When I do, the rest of the bay will get a tidy.

G

gunner93

Nicely,

I am keen to do the oil filter relocation as its PITA to remove it now. From your pic above, looks like the oil filter mounts has replaced your boost sensor. Where is your boost sensor now? Do you experience lower oil pressure with the longer hoses? Finally, what's the dia of the hoses?

Thanks

Last edited: