Nicely's Spec R Aero

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Finally stuck my 3mm spacers on the front and had a play with the height. It was still fairly high due to coilover clearance if I lowered any further. I've now got a two finger gap between the arch and tyre :D

One side of my car is seriously out of tilt with the other... Had to wind in the RH coilover quite a bit more than the LH to get the height even :eek:

N

neosilvia

Looking good. I really like that Aero front end. You are way ahead of me in the suspension department. I imagine you are getting a noticeable difference in handling with the work you've done. I am still researching and trying to make a decision on which components to go with. I only want to have to do this once, I want to get the right setup the first time.

Reaction score
Hi Nicely :)

Hope you are keeping well my friend

Just read your post....where did you get your spacers from? I need some for mine (front & rear) to allow the dust caps to be fitted. The alloy design at the moment means I can't have them on without fouling the wheel.

Thanks,

Top Banana Blinx

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Looking good. I really like that Aero front end. You are way ahead of me in the suspension department. I imagine you are getting a noticeable difference in handling with the work you've done. I am still researching and trying to make a decision on which components to go with. I only want to have to do this once, I want to get the right setup the first time.
All the alignment stuff is a must to sort out a good setup. Biggest differences I noticed were subframe locking collars, ARBs/sway bars and, of course, the coilovers. The back end tightness difference is huge with the collars :nod: but you'll notice a lot more transmitted diff noise.

Hi Nicely :)

Hope you are keeping well my friend

Just read your post....where did you get your spacers from? I need some for mine (front & rear) to allow the dust caps to be fitted. The alloy design at the moment means I can't have them on without fouling the wheel.
That's a tough one, as I got them for the S14 when I first fitted some Z32 alloys. I recall I ordered some 5/6mm ones online, but they were a bit much and would have required longer studs. I think I got the 3mm from somewhere like Motorman...

G

gunner93

Nicely, about the cracked elbow, did ya feel any diff between the smaller MS elbow vs the 3 inch SS one? Is the exhaust sound any diff as well?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The tyres were already wearing on the inside before I dropped it, so more camber probably wouldn't be good... :(

Reaction score
shame, looks great at that height!!!

I wanna drop the front of mine a little more, but the coilovers are already all the way down. Only other option i've got, which is slightly more work than i can be bothered with for 10mm...is to remove one of the spring perches, cause they no longer need to be "locked" together, as they're on the base of the threads!

G

gunner93

Think that had been cracked a while. Noticeable difference. Think the engine appreciated me fitting some new sparks too :)
Nicely,

When you say noticeable difference, is it in performance ie. response, sound etc? The cracked elbow is it an unbranded one? :eek:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Dazzi0: its due to the wheel/tyre size. 8.5s on a +32 offset is a bit much for the front, even if I rolled the arches... :(

Yes, response and performance. The crack would have been effecting turbo efficiency. It was an unbranded elbow. But, like all stainless, a branded one could have cracked just as easily.

G

gunner93

In this case would an engine damper help to relief the stress on the elbow joints?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
It might, then it might not. Some people fit SS manifolds and have them crack in a few months. Other have had them fitted for a few years without issue... You just can't tell. I do, however, now have a damper fitted :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
what size front tyres are you running nicely?
my tyres dousn't rub with 8.5J wheels and 225/40 18 tyres.

I can also get 2 fingers between the wheel and arch :)