What's new

Fruitbooter's S15 Spec R

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
the only difference between the energy bushes and 'others' is that with energy, you just purely burn the bush away and clean the area out afterwards with a wire brush/emery paper. with 'other' bushes you burn away the rubber, then cut out a metal bush sleeve before fitting the new ones.

so in summary - if you go at the standard bushes with a blow torch until they are completely burned away, then clean up the inside - your energy bushes should fit fine :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Cheers Dean! Think Ill go with Energy tbh as if theyre meant to be better quality than 'others' and id be getting the diff bushes from there anyway :nod:

Well tonights actions....

I was outside for what seemed like a lifetime! Almost gave up but eventually got them!

I feel like a right dumbass though as even though id got 1 off the other day i was infact tightening the other 2 when I was trying yesterday and a bit today..sounds stupid I know but its really confusing when your underneath and you forget which way lmao and because its mega tight both ways it doesnt help and for some reason I convinced myself it was the wrong way lol! :annoyed:

But yeh once id realised my mistakes I put the ring end of a 14mm on and made sure it was the best fit I could get...then wedged a socket up next to it to stop the spanner coming loose..then with all my might in my legs they eventually gave in!

Need to get some new nuts from somewhere though as 2 of them are a bit rounded :rotfl:

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
i might be wrong mate, but i think you'll need to get the nuts from nissan for something as critical as the prop.....

i'm surprised you had so much hassle getting them off - i don't even bother trying any more with tight nuts, i just fit the ring spanner and shock it with the rubber mallet. normally does the job :)

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Lmao dude my mate shouts at me remember this rule :wack:

Lefty = loosey
Righty = Tighty

I got it from Scrubs and it always helped me :D

S

S15 SILVIA

^^^^^

Ha ha. I always use that rule, been using it for years, oh, and preaching it to others!

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I didn't have a problem removing the prop bolts. Try to undo the nuts rather than the bolts though as it will be easier.

Reaction score
Country
Had a few spare hours last night so went and did a bit on the car.

This is what it looks like atm, floating on my drive looking sorry for itself :( :cool:

Started by removing both shock bolts so they can be moved out the way.

Removed this connector from the sub frame including the fiddly bracket, does anyone know what it is for future reference?

Unclipped diff breather hose -

Unclipped this connector, what ever it may be, looks like an earth?

Moved prop down a bit and clear of the diff, also used zip ties to show corresponding holes.

Removed the triangle support bolts on both sides -

I then bagged and labelled all the fixings I had removed so far as if I kept going id confuse myself at a later date most likely.

That was all I did last night, had a little sunset to finish off the night :)

Can someone just have a look and confirm, does that look like everything is removed now and the subf rame can be dropped or have I missed something?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
hehe, I know those stupid prop bolts, had the same problems on my car.

Everytime I swap a diff now, I remove the diff and the propshaft together.
Don´t waste time anymore on tryin´loosing those bolts. :)

By the way: very beautiful car! Was it on pistonheads in September?

Reaction score
My mate who has no mechanical knowledge managed to break 4 studs on his spacers when he was told to remove a wheel as he was tightening them rather than loosening the nuts, so don't feel too embarrassed!

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
looking good mate ;) you'll need to disconnect the other end of the handbrake cables if you haven't already done it and there are a few awkard to get to clips for the diff speed sensor that are on the fuel tank heat shield. apart from that looks as if you are good to go :)

Reaction score
Country
Cheers yeh Ive done the handbrake, disconnected it at the back and in the middle where is goes into the square bracket that joins them together :)

I must have missed the speed sensor, ill have to have a look for that...whats the sensor I removed already then? as I thought that could be the speed sensor...

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
yes the plug is for the speed sensor mate, but the wiring is clipped to the heat shields above the diff :)

Reaction score
Country
Well yesterday was a busy day indeed, despite the rain and cold I managed to get a lot done :nod:

First I removed the rest of the wiring attached to the subframe and heat sheild and then supported the subframe so it could be dropped.

Because it was only me doing it and I had no help I decided the best way was to lower it slowly onto the 2 rear wheels I took off at the start, that way it wouldnt suddenly drop onto the floor when it comes away from the studs.

The condition is no where near perfect but its a lot better than I thought it would be -

To get the subframe off it took about 10-15 min max it was much easier than I thought, so I thought id start on something else beens I had the whole day to do it.

I started to strip down the subframe bit by bit and before I knew it I had a garage full of parts :|

The ball joint was an absolute basta*d! You couldnt get a socket or a decent grip on a spanner while it was still attached by the lower arms so they had to come off...then they move about when you try and do it with them off lol, in the end I got them off by wedging the hubs and discs under the subframe so it wouldnt move then crack the nuts off.

Reaction score
Country
Getting there -

I then removed the diff, I thought it was low on oil as hardly any came out when the shafts where removed and it was tilt, but then suddenly it came out -

Gotta love the smell of diff oil :D

Tbh though I thought there would be more than that so I tried opening one of the plugs on the back plate but I couldnt get them off...so now I dont know how much if any oil is left inside? :confused: Can anyone confirm how much oil they hold?

Got everything off and sorted into piles -

I left all the nuts and bolts attached to the hubs and other parts at this time and when I send them off to be coated Ill bag them up.

This will soon be lookign shiny! - :D

Next ive got to remove the heat shields and im still debating weather or not to drop the tank :rolleyes:

Oh and Ive gotta find a place that can weld ally as look at this -

Cant afford new coilovers so im hoping these can be repaired!

Reaction score
Country
This is probably the biggest thing ive ever done to a car tbh with you, its scary at first but you reach a point where you think f*ck it and just go for it :D

Its a fantastic learning curve and tbh everything can only fit back together one way so as long as you dont loose anything (which I no doubt will :p) its fine.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
It looks daunting, but at the endo of theday it's just nuts and bolts with a big lump of metal in the middle!

I've not seen bottom mounts cracked like that before! This guy (Ron), is a welding legend and will fix them for you..

R L Cutler
652 Bristol Road
Selly Oak
Birmingham
West Midlands
B29 6BJ

Reaction score
Country
Cheers Craig :thumbs:

I need to pay a visit to the guy who plated your fixings too so will probably do them both on the same day seing as they are both in Birmingham.

Who did your hubs for you as the gold finish on them is outstanding? Was it the same guys who coated your subframe?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Looking good mate, sub frame looks in pretty good nick! Shouldn't be too much of a big job,good luck with the rest of it you are making good progress due keep it up!

ALl these people doing their undersides really making wanna do mine!