What's new

Fruitbooter's S15 Spec R

Reaction score
Country
Yeh Ive used cleanyourcar before and would order from them again!

Funnily enough I had already decided on the DAS-6 Pro before, I just never ended up getting one... definitely a DA I wouldn't want to wreck my paint with a rotary having never used one before.

Reaction score
Country
It's been a long long time since I've updated this thread..and tbh not a great deal has changed!

Car is still up for sale but I have recently addressed a few issues that needed sorting.

I took delivery of this lot the other day -

HSD Monopro's
Apex Alignment kit
4 X KumHo KU39

I fitted everything in a few hours and was soo glad to get rid of the old Kei Office coilovers on there...they were long past there day!

The monopro's feel great on the road and is a massive improvement, they really soak up the bumps and make the car a lot more responsive and nicer to drive.

I haven't got any photos of the fitting process or after tbh as my computer at home has died...

I do have this quick snap I took with phone..

As you can see its lowered more, tbh in person it looks a lot lower.

I have had to higher it about 10mm all round though as my exhaust keeps scraping over speed bumps and going up onto drive..also when taking hard turns the front was scrubbing on the inner arches...I could remove these but then I had visions of my damaging the loom and I cba to move it at the moment..

Its booked in to be aligned on Saturday so should drive a lot better after that, that's another reason I had to raise it as when I dial in positive camber on the rear the tyres wouldn't fit..

Not sure whats next for this as like I say its still for sale as I want to buy a house...in the meantime I will just keep using it as a daily.

Reaction score
Country
The front cant go any lower, even with the coilovers set to full hard the top of the tyres rub on the inner arches when going round corners or on bumpy roads...

How much more clearance do you get if you remove the inner arches? Does anyone know?

Reaction score
Country
If its anything like an 14 you can do what I did.

Remove arch liners, cut small notch I the chassis leg to sit to look loads higher and then modify and refit the liner so it sits flush.

Get loads of room then.

Reaction score
Country
Had a bit of a funny few weeks with the car, haven't got any photos to show but here's what happened.

The rear driver side caliper was binding and I put up with it for a few days but it was getting bad at some points so decided enough was enough and sourced a new refurbished caliper, cut a long story short guy sent my rear passenger side by mistake so sent out driver side and said keep the other one so ended up with two refurbished calipers :)

I fitted both calipers and adjusted handbrake and all was good.

I also sourced a new rear hub for passenger side rear as my wheel bearing decided to die. I had no whining noise but I kept getting a knock or click when pressing the accelerator or letting off it or pulling off etc... anyway did some investigating and jacked the car up to check shafts for play etc and was rather surprised that the wheel had a lot of movement side to side and up and down etc...yep wheel bearing gone! not what I was expecting..

Fitting this turned into being a bit of a bastard! Removed all the arms as you do, caliper etc and then went to drop the lower arm to pull knuckle off and the last bolt wouldn't come out...tried and tried but got no where, what had happened was the bolt had rusted itself solid to the metal sleeve inside the bush! Not very happy about this as when I refurbished everything I thought I was quite generous with copper slip... Nothing would get this free so in the end I cut the bolt and pressed bush out and ordered a new bush from DW and sourced new bolt. Swapped hubs over and fitted new bush and all back together and hey presto annoying noise had gone :)

Glad it turned out to be this as when looking into it before I did some searching and a few people on nissansilva.com were having the same symptoms and couldn't solve it so I just ignored it tbh but last time I checked my wheel had hardly any play so maybe the bearing was just on its way out then..

If anyone else has this noise I advise to jack it up and check for wheel bearing play.

Car is still for sale, MOT and tax and insurance next month...oh the joys :)