What's new

Fruitbooter's S15 Spec R

Reaction score
Country
Cheers!

Yeh undersealing is something I want to do asap, I also want to check everything over such as coolant, proberly do an oil change and check the gearbox oil too before winter sets in.

TBH though I cant see myself driving it when it gets really cold as the thought of black ice and rwd scares me :eek:
im the same m8 winter n silvia does not mix for me il be getting the sledge out instead :D

Reaction score
No way your from Wolverhampton il be there picking my gf up from the station tomoro nite lol, there is getting to be a few 15's about our area now.. Car looks great remembered seeing it in torques stock.. If you need a hand doing any mechanical jobs let me know as I've done all sorts to mine. The car is a dream to work on.

You got much planned with it?

Reaction score
Country
Cheers mate!

Your car looks well nice weel have to meet up when im down Telford one weekend! :nod:

I will deffinitly give you a shout if I need help as before this all I had was corsas so even though I see myself as having decent mechanical knowledge and the confidence the SR20 is still very much new to me lol so its a bit scary!

Ive got loads of things id like to do but it all comes down to if and when I can afford to do it lol but im going to sort the underneath out asap and protect it for winter, then im going to try and sort some wheels out for it and a new look to the front end :cool: Then ill move onto the performance side of things and a nice Nistune board and get it mapped and checked to see if everythings okay.

S

S15 SILVIA

Ought to have a little meet lads. James (lupix) is from round Telford area, and I'm only just down the road in Welshpool.
Have to arrange a meet one day
Mike

$

$hifty

im in wolvo too.. seems like a few round here even though iv never seen another s15!

Reaction score
Country
Okay ive finaly made a start on removing the subframe ready to treat the underneath and protect it from rust.

Tax ran out end of December so thought id SORN it and do this for a few months and try and get it ready for the summer.

Had to buy some new stands as I didnt trust my old ones, so got some ones from Halfords which will do the job.

Started by getting it on stands supported at the rear by wooden blocks that I made so it can be supported on the sill.

I then loosened the hub nuts so I can remove the discs much easier when the subframe is off.

I then removed the exhaust and rear arb, I was supprised how heavy the exhaust was tbh, for some reason I was expecting it to be really light but I spose 3" bore and a massive rear box adds up..

I then removed the handbrake, starting at the calipers and working my way under the car to where it goes inside. I was a bit of an idiot here as I thought to remove it completley you had to dissconnect it from inside..but later realised you could do it from underneath :annoyed:

Thats really as far as ive got atm, I tried yesterday and again tonight to try and remove the prop shaft but the stupid bolts wont come out! There so so tights its unreal!

:(

Few random piks -

Once ive managed to get the bolts out and remove the prop I should be almost ready to drop the subframe, think theres a few connectors to unclip etc

Reaction score
Good process pics mate, shame bout the handbrake thing. U could of left the calipers hanging from the cables with the subframe off..

Any reason for doing this, Much rust in there?

Reaction score
Country
I wanted to just get everything off and out from underneath tbh so I can really clean up the underside and paint it all without having to move or mask things really.

Im annoyed now though as I need to re-fit the bloody handbrake so I can try and loosen the prob bolts! :annoyed:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Good work mate :) it's not a quick job but is well worth it as you won't have any rust and it'll look good. Are you polybushing and powdercoating everything too?

Reaction score
Country
Yeh im hoping to but all depends on funds as im moving out this month and although im leaving the car at my parents until its done, I dont want the car to be off the road for too long so like I say depends on funds, and everyone knows moving out isnt cheap :|

Im hoping to get the subframe powder coated along with the roll bar thats smaller than the rear arb thats attached to the subframe at the back of the diff..not sure on the name now??? and a few of the arms as I dont think im going to buy uprated ones just yet, and ill also be getting either Driftworks or Energy subframe bushes and Energy diff bushes :nod:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The short bar is just a brace that adds strength to the subframe/chassis. If you powdercoat parts you'll have to take the bushes out as they will melt when they bake it. Energy bushes are spot on for fitment and quality

Reaction score
Country
Yeh thats the only downside to coating things like that..the bushes!

I heard the energy products were top notch, only thing that puts me off getting the full subframe set is ive heard you have to be careful when taking the old ones out as you need to keep a particular bit to re-fit the energy ones or something...a lot of people have done something wrong and made it so the energy ones dont fit.