What's new

Track worthy S15

Reaction score
Well, I finally got the wheels fitted this week, and I didnt have to space them out as far is originally thought, which confused me a bit. the rears have a bit of dish so I guess that affects the et.

These aren't the best pictures as two were taken just as it was getting dark last night and the other one is this morning

The stance looks awesome, might get the fronts to poke out a bit more, but I'm happy with it for now.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
looks spot on pal :) I wasn't sure about them when I first saw them in Silver, but they really suit it, well done..

what spec are the wheels? I'm in the process of setting my stance up (new coilovers) but I'm struggling to get a nice stance. Think my wheels are too wide really..

Reaction score
Cheers, mate :). I'm glad I chose to get them done in black.

The wheels are 9.5j rear with et 45 and I've used a 5mm slip on spacer to get them out of the arches.
The fronts are 8.5j with et 40 and yhey have a 10mm spacer, but I may try a 15mm on the front at some point.

Reaction score
Cheers for the comments guys :).

I was going to tax it at the weekend but the rad is weaping from the bottom, so I can't really drive it at the moment. I'm not entirely sure how its happened, it wasn't until I was checking everything was running fine a few weeks back that highlighted the problem. I've also had to push my mapping date back by a few weeks to get this sorted, which sucks anus.

Reaction score
Slight update...

I finally got the car mapped today and its very quick, the power is so smooth in delivery but it just pulls like mad in every gear. I couldn't run the boost I wanted in the end as we were getting terrible boost creep at high rpm, so have controlled it to 1.2 bar mid range and its hitting 1.4 higher up. I need an external wastegate now to handle the creep, which I thought I might have had issues with. Going to buy a set of cams too to get the most out of the motor.

I'm off to Surrey rolling road on Saturday for the sxoc meet, so will see what it does on the rollers.

Reaction score
Well had the car on the rollers earlier and it made 323 bhp at 1 bar, the car wouldn't make the 1.4 bar it was mapped for on the rollers. However I was warned that would happen when I had Martin mapping it on Thursday as rolling roads don't provide the same kind loads road mapping does. Charlie from Surrey rolling road was impressed with the power at 1 bar though and so was I, considering the car was previously running 337 bhp at 1.4 bar on the 2871.

I'm going to take the car to pod next to get a more accurate reading from the terminal speed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It is a shame it didn't make the boost as, Charlie, the guy who runs Surrey rr said it would have made over 400 on the rollers. I'm thinking about taking it to Santa pod tomorrow to see what terminals I get, but that's permitting I get up early enough,as I've had a few beers with the lads after the rugby. I'll need a helmet and mine is in storage. Most of my mates have one but they ride bikes and need them, so I'll have to see how things go.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Looking good Adam!! :thumbs:

Wow - that power curve doesn't tail off... looks very strong and torque stays max between 4800 to 6000 which must be a good thing lol :D

Reaction score
The rolling road shows how the turbo comes on boost on my other graph, which I haven't uploaded, but it responds very differently on the road. For instance i'm getting a bar at 3.5k rpm, on the road, and on the rollers it was delayed until 4k rpm. I very nearly ordered a 38mm Tial external gate last night along with Tomei 256 Poncams, but think i'll wait till all my bills are paid this week :D

One of the lads off the sxoc took a couple of pictures, the car was actually clean for once as I haven't had a chance to wash it for a while because of either the **** weather or I just don't have the time. It looked quite spanking...

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Awesome!! Very aggessive looking and those black Enkei's do suit the pewter 15 well :)

Tial 38mm external gate with screamer I presume?? Just watch the cops as you drive past... best not be on full chat haha PAH PAHHHHHHHHHHHHH :D

Reaction score
Yup, that's the setup, James :D. Although I'll be getting the screamer pipe routed into the downpipe as I like the exhaust noise how it is with the Super Silent cat back, its sensible...

I'm also wanting some kind of front splitter as I missed out on the stock Aero bumper in the for sale section, which I was gutted about.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Awesome!!

Yeah there should be decent front splitters to choose from... I had a copy of the Trust GReddy lip which looked nice (until I had the Works front bumper fitted lol) :)

Reaction score
Well, I was planning on leaving the car as It Is for a while as it's a bit of an animal but I just couldn't resist... a custom top mount manifold arrived today and external wastegate. The ecu is getting replaced with a Link G4 stand alone soon aswell. My gearbox seems to be coping with the 380-390bhp its running at the moment but I'm just getting a lot of traction problems now even with the new tyres but they have made a huge difference. Just a quick couple of pics of the new parts

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Manifold looks good, where did you get it from? as I fancy changing mine some time down the line (currently got a top mount japspeed).

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Dare i say it Adam, but you need a spoiler! Car looks excellent, just a front lip and spoiler would finish it off! Plus aerodynamically it would help with traction in the higher speeds!

Reaction score
I can't actually remember the make of manifold, I bought it off a fella on sxoc who'd had it made but never used it, I've asked him who did it for him. It was actually very reasonably priced for the quality, around £450 from memory.

Sam, I'm constantly looking for a front splitter but don't like any of the ones available and I'm not a fan of spoilers, bar those boot lips but I can't see myself fitting one.

Another thing I am after though is wider front wheels from Enkei as the tears have got a good lip which I want on the front aswell, although they £300 a wheel plus import taxes and duty, oh and not to mention I can't get them in black so is have to get them painted aswell:cry:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
see if cougar motorsports can hook you up with the wheels dude :) they are in the EU so no import tax if they get them in for you ;)

thats quite a good price for the mani looks decent quality aswell :) I got my hks one for around the same money the thing is a work of art!