What's new

My AUDM 200SX Tomei 2.2

T

tinto

Some new pics today now that the alignment is sorted.
No scrubbing up front at this height, even with the adjusted/lower offset BBS in place.
Only in specific circumstances does it scuff the liner (mid corner bump - outside wheel).

The front wheel has a bit more dish now as I had the guys at a local engineering shop mount the face from the rear of the barrel - so I gained about 5mm, and was able to dial in a bit more camber.

Reaction score
I had the guys at a local engineering shop mount the face from the rear of the barrel
What do you mean by this, they took the center mesh piece and fitted it to the inside of the dish and reattached the bolts and torqued them to specs? Can you take some close up pics?

T

tinto

What do you mean by this, they took the center mesh piece and fitted it to the inside of the dish and reattached the bolts and torqued them to specs? Can you take some close up pics?
In short, yep. This thread explains it well:
http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7926

I had it machined slightly to ensure no paint / imperfections on the surfaces when the centre was remounted to the rear of the barrel.

If you look closely you'll see my front wheel bolts are on silver / barrel and the rear bolts are on the gold/ centre section.
Lower offset meant more internal clearance + a bit more visible dish + more camber. I could only get around 1 degree up front with the offset of 38. Now that it is around 32-33 I have 4 degrees on.

Reaction score
Hmmm wonder if it's the same deal with Work VS-XX wheels. Will have to look into it. Thanks again and those barrels came up a treat.