What's new

Cars I've had... from rice to nice + build :)

B

blk15

Black s15 build

Hi guys,

Used to own a (riced) Honda Integra:

Car was pretty much riced... it had:

- Carbon fiber bonnet (started to fade)
- Skunk2 springs lowered 3" all round (stiff as hell)
- mugen front lip (broke 4 times making a big hole in my pocket)
- spoon side mirrors (replaced the original ones because someone at uni took them out when parking)
- mugen twinloop exhaust

etc etc

Currently own a Nissan s15:

Was purchased dead stock, since then completed the following mods:

- cusco front strut brace
- turnflow fmic
- turbo back exhaust
- fujitsubo power getter catback
- turbotech mbc
- apexi power intake w/ apexi heat shield
- topstage front lip, rear pods
- Work VS-SS wheels
- 8000k HIDs

Currently running on a soft 10psi but looking at getting a fuel pump and nistune in the near future to settle with around 200rwkw.
**would like to question running 14psi on my current mods. Because after doing the exhaust I left it on 14psi for 2 days and the car felt so great with the power delivery. Then i chickened out thinking my engine would explode (knock/ping) and turned it down to a sluggish 10psi

Last on the mod list is sadly coilovers.... as much as I would like to put them in, I was sick of driving around very carefully and angle driveways/speed humps in the integra.

Aim is to keep this looking as stealth as possible. A lot of new parts coming on the way... will post more pics as the build progresses this weekend!!!:cool:

Last edited:
K

kababaka

Your S15 looks nice! They look mean in black and yours is a perfect example of that look! :thumbs:

B

blk15

Purchased the following:

3" Catco Ceramic cat

Walbro 500hp Fuel pump

Car will have its minor 3000km service and be tuned week after! Can't wait :D

Now just to weigh up whether it is worth getting a electronic boost controller or just stick with the manual bleed valve...

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Looks like stock bumper with lip attached to bottom (like how I had mine). You can see the middle vertical bar that goes down the front middle opening for FMIC - deffo stock :)

B

blk15

yep its stock front bar with topstage front lip.

Similar to my mates car except he has deleted/shaved the front middle thing.

Reaction score
Nice looking Car mate and your mates looks pretty sweet too. I will down in Melbourne for xmas and hope to see some of the nice 15s I see on here and MelbS15.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Ditto, both the cars look great.

hey hendo, you going through sydney on your way?

Reaction score
Ditto, both the cars look great.

hey hendo, you going through sydney on your way?
Nah mate gonna fly down. We thought about driving but would of cost us the same and would of lost 4 days of drinking oh I mean holidays. Plan on coming down a few times next year to watch Cronulla get flogged.

B

blk15

Stainless was way too expensive for me... and decats are illegal in Australia.

To put it into perspective, ceramic I bought for $170 AUD, whereas to buy a stainless it would have cost me $300-400 AUD.

B

blk15

Car was tuned on the weekend. Here are the results/specs for anyone interested :)

Year/Model: 01 Spec S (adm)
Engine/Size: 2.0 SR20DET
Turbo: t28 bush bearing
Power @ boost level: 185rwkw (248hp) @ 15psi
Torque: 362.5 Nm
ECU: Nistune
Modifications: gktech fmic, fujitsubo exhaust, apexi intake, walbro fuel pump, turbotech mbc

My car initially made 162rwkw @ 14psi but was pinging its head off @ 14.5 AFR (massive black smoke at end of exhaust). I was really shocked and the tuner was too. I had previously pumped the boost up from 10psi to 12psi after installing the fuel pump and catco cat. The GFB mbc spiked to 14psi which caused the pinging.

But all is good now with the tune, sits nicely at 12AFR though the coilpacks are on the way out... hence the curvy top end.

You can see it pinging (red)
Now my current concern: i drove my car hard for about a 1.5 weeks at that spiked 14psi before going for the tune... Is it likely that I have done any damage? Should I get a RAS kit etc