What's new

My S15... slow street build

Reaction score
Website
www.omgpham.com
Country
So heres my ride, a 2001 ADM S15. Car currently has 230rwkw @ 17psi, not really chasing all out power but a nice balance with good handling (grip).

The front loses grip too much at the moment, need some KU36 tyres in 235/40 for the fronts soon. Planning to go skid pan day in a few weeks, then it's off to get my racing license for QLD Raceway!

Let me know what you guys think!

Soon/future mods are:
- K-Sport big brake kit (front and rear)
- better front tyres (KU36)

Current mods

Suspension:
- Tein flex coilovers
- Tein camber tops
- Whiteline front strut brace
- Whiteline front and rear adjustable sway bars
- Whiteline subframe align and lock kit (pineapple rings)
- front castor rods
- rear adjustable front arms
- rear adjustable upper arms
- Cazman rear adjustable toe arms
- alloy subframe bushes

Engine:
- Garret 2860RS
- HKS 550cc injectors
- HKS step 1 cam shafts
- HKS fuel pump
- Rocker Arm Stoppers
- Apexi Power FC ECU and hand controller
- Apexi AVCR
- Apexi pod filter with custom intake
- GFB stealth BOV
- ARE 600x330x75mm tube and fin intercooler
- custom cold air induction
- custom aluminum radiator
- custom braided lines to turbo
- cil catch can
- turbo back CES exhaust system including CES dump pipe with strengthened flange to Magnaflow twin pipe with muffler

Wheels/Tyres:
- front - 18x8.5 +20 with 245/35 Federal 595 RS-R (-2.0degree camber)
- rear - 18x9.5 +20 with 265/35 Kumho KU36 (-2.0degree camber)
- 1mm toe out front, zero toe rear

This is how the car first looked:

Engine bay, tried to keep it as clean looking as possible:

How it's currently sitting:

Last edited:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
looking good, and that's good spec'd car :) also loving the rear flaring, looks like a very good job!

Reaction score
looks good man, done real well to keep the engine bay looking stock with that sort of power. Is that a pic from the jdm meets?

Reaction score
Website
www.omgpham.com
Country
looks good man, done real well to keep the engine bay looking stock with that sort of power. Is that a pic from the jdm meets?
Yeah that 2nd last photo was taken at the July JDMST meet. Were you there?

It was my first ever car meet and I thoroughly enjoyed it, lots of nice cars out, people were nice and very sociable. And no dickheads to attract the police :)

Reaction score
Sweet you've saved me a mission. I've spied you a few times now around Westend. Very tasty ride digger and it's pewter.

Reaction score
Website
www.omgpham.com
Country
Some updates so far....

The VTC gear in my S15 is on it's way out, ticking so much now. So I ordered some adjustable cam gears to replace it. But then decided to order the genuine VTC gear instead, that way I have a bit more power and torque down low.

Also ordered some Rocker Arm Stoppers while I have the rocker cover off:

My car is due for a service, so though I'd get an oil cooler relocation setup done too. Just ordered most of the parts from SummitRacing.com so hopefully that will arrive soon. Also picked up a TuneAgent oil filter block, rather then using those sandwich plates.

I initially picked up some cheap AutoGauge gauges for oil pressure and oil temp, but sold them off and ordered some Defi ones instead! Also ordered a Defi boost gauge too :) The gauges will be going in the spare DIN slot, as I don't want gauges on my dash or in the air vents:

Also ordered the AEM wideband O2 gauge kit, will be good to keep an eye on the AFR and also give me a chance to play around with the fuel maps.

Car going back to CES in 2 weeks for a custom made oval front pipe because current front pipe hangs lower then the chassis rails and scrapes. It's the lowest part of my car with about 80mm ground clearance, every other part of the car has at least 110-115mm ground clearance. It will look similar to this:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
where did you get the oil filter block and how much was it?

Reaction score
Gee man ain't mucking around with the build. Some serious well thought out mods, I like alot. Mad keen to check your car out ah.