What's new

The S13!

G

GBDiaz

Well.. As I promised in my intro thread!
http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?7125-Miami-FL!

Here's from the beginning to how she sits currently!

Got her a couple of days before my birthday, was seriously the best day of my life seeing how it's my favorite car!
4x4 status haha!

Interior is MINT!! No cracks on the dash, full interior, Silvia carpets, etc..

Found a pignose lip for 25 dollars, and I love how they look on this front end so I couldn't resist!

About a month before Christmas I ran into a little dilemma :( but that really didn't hold me back!

The next day I ordered new lights, and luckily found an S13 hood for a good price which is really hard to find! I fixed the bumper myself and the fender as well! (Sorry some of the pics are really small, they're cell phone pics!)

Last edited:
G

GBDiaz

Continued:
Well, Christmas rolled around and I got some nice goodies :nod:

And got to putting em' on the same day!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

For my birthday the girlfriend got me a GTR grill!

Well after a few months of not buying anything I came across some P45R's that my friend was selling! Saved up my money and picked these babies up! Sizes are 17x9.5 +12 all around for those who were wondering. (Don't have any pictures of them when I first got em') Not a fan of the black/red lip combo so the next day I got to stripping them!

And then for paint!
PRIMER:

PAINT:

PRE-CLEAR:

Last edited:
G

GBDiaz

Continued:
AFTER:

Got me some Nexen N3000's for 65 bucks a tire brand new! (235/40/17)

And got my buddy Juergen to mount 'em and balance for free!

Couldn't put them on without rollin' and pulling my fenders and everyone was charging an arm and a leg, so that being said.. Picked up my own PBM fender roller and now it's paying itself off!

Got to rolling:

And these puppies came in the mail:

My Uber JDM stickar collectionz!! Waiting for the car to be finished before putting these puppies on!

Now:

I really don't have a lot of photos of the car now 'cause she's getting ready for paint and has a couple of bumps and bruises. I don't really want to takes good pictures till I get the car painted which should be very, very soon! Which is also the reason why my sideskirts and lip hasn't been put on! And she needs to go wayyyyyy lower, I just need to finish pulling my fenders! My 3 years with my girlfriend is coming now in August, so I should be getting an Origin roof wing from her :cool: .

Up coming plans now seeing how the holidays are close (birthday/Christmas):
Brides, front mount, finish my exhaust (got the 3" DP), external waste gate, AEM TRU Boost, body work/paint and some things that just left my mind but will mention when I remember.
The car is my daily so I just want a reliable, good looking car. My father and I plan on looking for a project car to have on the side and really get down and dirty with.

Thanks for looking,
Gabriel.

Last edited:

Jay

Reaction score
love the s13 in all its shapes. this one obviously has an owner who aint afraid to put the effort in, nice one!!

G

GBDiaz

love the s13 in all its shapes. this one obviously has an owner who aint afraid to put the effort in, nice one!!
Thanks Jay! Slowly but surely she's getting put together.

Reaction score
Yeah mate that's a real good effort and doing it yourself with your old man is even better. I will say but, you should ditch the spoiler and tint all the lights(except head lights of course) that will give it the total sleek stealth look and make those wheels really standout. Also noticed you changed out the grill, nice touch.

G

GBDiaz

Thanks Hendo! I'm debating whether I want the wing off or not. I just ordered a roof spoiler from Origin so we'll see how it looks. Just got back from Costa Rica yesterday and had some goodies waiting for me. I was using some old speakers off my brother's Jeep 'cause mine were blown. Picked up some Infiniti Kappa 62.9i's and an Alpine radio! Pretty psyched to install it and finally have something that doesn't sound horrible! Saving up for my intercooler, should be ordering it in the near future!

Reaction score
some time i wish i'd bought a ps13 love the retro boxy shape of them, especially when there low, phat and skidding!

G

GBDiaz

Thanks dude! Should be seeing a front mount very soon! Can't wait till Christmas rolls around, getting some Brides!!
The build is slow, but it's going nice. I get lucky and find these sweet deals and just have no choice but to jump on them! Was not expecting to get rims anytime soon till I found those and got them for a great price.

I appreciate the comments guys! Really motivates me to finish her.

G

GBDiaz

Well, looks like my turbo is about to go! So I'm looking in to T28's or 30's! Anyone wanna send their SR T28's lmk ;D. Haha, pretty psyched to actually upgrade though!

G

GBDiaz

The first time I tried posting everything erased, so here we go again! );.
I decided to pick up some speakers and a new radio seeing how my speakers were blown to hell and I hated my radio. Got an awesome price on my speakers (Inifinity Kappa 629.9i series) and radio from a friend of mine who works at Best Buy!
So we mocked everything up using the old rotting wood as a template (from the old speakers). At first we used a nice thick wood, but was just too thick so we couldn't fit it. My dad and I came up with a better idea and used aluminum sheets!
We used the wood templates to transfer them onto the aluminum, and cut them out. These things are sick!
Wood:

Aluminum!:

Here's how we set up the front speakers: (That black sheet you see is plastic to prevent any water from dripping onto the speakers and screwing them up)

Didn't get many photos of the back speakers after it was done 'cause I was mainly busy cutting out the back to fit the bigger speakers in. I'll take pictures tomorrow during the day, looks super clean!
Before:

After:

Filed it down to make it smooth, speakers fit in perfectly!
Also had to cut out the wood/fabric part to fit the speakers (obviously). Doesn't look too clean but then again, the speakers go over it so you really don't see it.

Last edited:
G

GBDiaz

Contd:
Old crappy Alpine (I HATE IT) (45 watts x4)

Picked up a new Alpine: (50 watts x4)

Can't put on the new radio yet 'cause we're going to Missouri, so I'll be doing that when I'm back! Leaving the car at my grandfather's while I'm gone, and while she's there the GTR grill, sideskirts and front lip will be put on!
Here are some random shots of my interior and my Evo while I was working on the car. Would get side tracked every few minutes haha.

And lastly! I received a text from a very close friend who wants to get rid of the 240 sitting in his front yard (Coupe<33), and insisted on me taking it for free, so I couldn't refuse! The car is definitely a project (cosmetically and some motor work). Runs but not as it should, and it's auto (not for long!) I'm very excited, picking it up tomorrow (he lives across the street), and it is our new project car. I'm pretty psyched 'cause I'm gonna be able to practice welding even more now, and drift the **** out of the car without having to worry about it getting ****ed up! You'll definitely start seeing new updates about this car as well in this thread.

Couple of mods I have waiting on my list for the Silvia:
GT28R
FMIC
Tru Boost
Finish my 3" exhaust
Brides
Body Work/Paint
NRG 2.5 QR (I have an NRG slim hub/eGay QR set up -_-)
and some things I really can't think of right now.

Last edited:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I am not sure about the plastic at the back of the speakers. If anything it will vibrate and may make some strange noises. The speakers shouldn't get wet in the bottom of the door unless you plan taking it through a river crossing.

G

GBDiaz

I am not sure about the plastic at the back of the speakers. If anything it will vibrate and may make some strange noises. The speakers shouldn't get wet in the bottom of the door unless you plan taking it through a river crossing.
Haven't had any strange noises. Actually sounds extremely clear! I did this mainly because, when I took off the door panel the first time, the wood was rotting and the speakers were starting to crack.

G

GBDiaz

Wow, haven't been on this forum in a while. I hope you guys had a great holiday like I did! The car is coming together! Grandfather's Christmas gift was to help me do all the body work and paint the car! My parents got me a GT28R with all the gaskets and SS lines. Bye bye T25! With the money I got I'll be ordering a Tru Boost and a new front mount. 2011 will be all about swapping out all the bushings and upgrading fuel! Injectors, fuel pump etc.. For now, keeping it low boost but reliable. Some pics of the progress:

All we've done is pull the fenders a little more which still have some more work along with pulling the front fenders which we haven't started (So disregard the height for now!), put on the lip and side skirts (Still gotta put my grill back on and the rear mud flaps). We haven't even started on the body work yet! Yes I know, the car needs a car wash lol.
Pics:

Now, came home today and there was a box with my name with it!

:D!