What's new

Hypnotik S15

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
Sweet brakes look mint, I am waiting on my rear R34 brembos to install, I am currently running crossdrilled R33 units, no doubt stopping will not be a problem either.
I have R33 brakes now and they just don't seem up to the task of track use. After more than a couple hard stops they are overheating. I'm trying to get my car ready to go to Mugello Circuit this summer. Brakes was one of the issues I thought needed addressed.

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
I got my Brembo's and my wheels put on. I also rebuilt the rear R33 calipers and painted them to match the Brembo's. After I put the wheels on I lowered it and redid my alignment. The picks are before I lowered it, it's too dark now.

The alignment;

Front
-Toe, -1mm per side
-Camber, -3*
-Caster, +6.2

Rear
-Toe, -3mm per side
-Camber, -1.75

Reaction score
Country
Wow very nice wheels!

Its crazy how crap the S15 arches are compared to the S14...they seem to be able to run 18x9.5j's with no problems or the need of wider fenders!

Reaction score
Do you have alot of tyre stretch on your wheels, coupled with the rear alignments. That power on that turbo is, well, physically impossible, especially at that rpm. Wheel spin from narrow tyres can cause false readings. I don't mean to sound rude, but it's true.

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
It wasn't spinning. I have one of the dyno sheets where it was spinning and it's obvious, the line is very erratic. I'm running methanol also.

Reaction score
Country
Nice power.
Where have you installed the methanol injector? Have been looking at a Snow Performance water/meth kit and can't see were the injector should go for our engines? Cheers.

Reaction score
Country
Some say on IC pipe, right before throttle body, pointing towards it.

But I might be wrong

drifter

Reaction score
Country
That's 50bhp atw more than what I get with a top mount TD06 with ext wastegate etc. If that's because of the meth injection I want it :D

To be fair Ken on the SXOC got 480bhp on SCA rollers, same spec was 430bhp on APT's Dyno Dynamics rollers so they can be wrong :)

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Country
That's 50bhp atw more than what I get with a top mount TD06 with ext wastegate etc. If that's because of the meth injection I want it :D

To be fair Ken on the SXOC got 480bhp on SCA rollers, same spec was 430bhp on APT's Dyno Dynamics rollers so they can be wrong :)
20g or 25g? What cams do you have? The methanol makes a big difference, at least 10%.